Do men need women?

EmJay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I remember growing up hearing my Aunt generation saying things like "he just needs a good woman". They presumed that men just couldn't manage themselves in the world without a wife.

Does this attitude linger on? Did you hear this from your mothers or grandmothers?

If you mean a woman as in an intimate relationship?..

I would say no..just like women do not need a man. Why? because there are too many people on this earth coping and living a life where they have no one to share it with...and doing just fine.

Now could we do without a man or woman in our lives totally?..i think not. we all need some male or female figure in our lives providing us with something only a woman or a man can..And i'm not just talking about sex.

Because if we say we do not..I have a feeling that if that would persist..evolution at one point is going to take care of that..and that will be the end of mankind all together (but i digress :tongue:)

paneros

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I remember growing up hearing my Aunt generation saying things like "he just needs a good woman". They presumed that men just couldn't manage themselves in the world without a wife.

Does this attitude linger on? Did you hear this from your mothers or grandmothers?

As many have noted here already, for those men that couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery - yes, they 'need' a good woman to get their life in order. Usually, that's just recognising that they would seriously benefit from the organisational skills of a good woman (who in general are much better multitaskers and remember the small details required to keep things running smoothly) to help them sally forth into the day looking relatively normal, matching socks, kempt hair, etc. A personal valet would be equally effective for this purpose. :smile:

A good woman also means a loving woman, and as Ms Petite has said, love changes everything, bringing out the more noble qualities in all of us. So sometimes I've seen the phrase 'he just needs a good woman' used when speaking about decent men who are just a bit lost emotionally, or off in the clouds (or away with the fairies as we'd say) or just too much in their heads to recognise that living from the heart is much more fulfilling than living from the head... and a good woman, through her love for him, can help him connect with his heart, wake him up emotionally, and the man becomes more empowered, grounded and loving.

And the whole companionship, support, love, connection, intimacy aspects of life are much improved with a good woman, making life a much more enjoyable and enlivening experience overall - someone to share with!

I don't need a good woman myself. But I want one! :smile:

D_Edwin Eatser

Sexy Member
Media
When I was very young I recall my mother talking to a friend about something she'd read about gender percentages, and commenting that in the future not all men would be able to get a wife. This really worried me for some reason, even though it's certainly not true, and I never forgot that comment. I think it's an essential part of personal development to live with a person of the opposite sex, or same sex in a sexual relationship. it's often tough but it teaches you a lot about yourself. You might end up living happily back alone, but I think you have to try.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Nope. We just need a decent battery recharger and a weekly lawn mowing service.<--

Deal - so long as I get to trim your bush as well.

Men don't need us as long as they have ewe.

Do ewe have to ram that down my throat?

At least I think that's what ewe said.

Without women this world would be a smellier place.

You sayin I smell, girl?

Besides, beer smells good. Y'all should get an essence of ale muff spray. :tongue:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Deal - so long as I get to trim your bush as well.

Do ewe have to ram that down my throat?

At least I think that's what ewe said.

You sayin I smell, girl?

Besides, beer smells good. Y'all should get an essence of ale muff spray. :tongue:

Go Rams. Also, our muffs smell of what we consume. I have always derived a great deal of pleasure from a Bishop's Finger :tongue: actually I haven't had one but they have lovely ads.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Need" is such a subjective term.

A lot of the time I would answer the question, "No."

But there are other times when I would say "Yes."

I'm undecided as to how much of this is due to loneliness, horniness, depression, circumstance, genetics, and/or just the state of male humanity.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes and no. I'm perfectly capable of leading a successful and happy life as a single man. On the other hand, the love of a good woman is a wonderful thing.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My hubby definitely thinks so. I asked him this question and he explained that if men didn't have women, our entire civilization would collapse. Okay, he didn't actually use those words, but that's the gist of what I understood by the time he was done telling me why. :tongue:

Then he told me about how much worse off he would be if he didn't have me. I've never actually thought he needed me, but he has a completely different opinion.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think that any human being needs love in their life but i don't think that only women can give that to a man. It's obvious that lesbians and gay men share love with each other as well as any straight couple.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wouldn't make it about gender. I think that love can make a someone a better person. When I am in love, I feel like the desire to be the person he deserves to be with inspires me to be a better person.
I feel this way to. My love for my husband inspires me to pursue and active lifestyle and eat well and even try to sleep more so that I can be my best self for him. My love for him is a huge part of my return to school to finally complete my degree. I feel like he always gives me his very best, and I just want him to feel the same way about me. I sometimes feel like he thinks I'm so much better than I really am, and I just want to catch up to this amazing person he thinks he married.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Did they presume that men just couldn't manage themselves in the world without a wife, Drift, or did they just presume that those particular men couldn't manage alone and needed a woman?