Do men need women?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I read TheBF what I wrote and he said, "Oh civilization would be fine for at least two weeks, but week three? Whew!"

He also thinks that women need men, too. He said that he thinks women are better at being alone and taking care of themselves, but in the long run, women need men, too.

Did you guys get married while I was asleep or was this just a slip? :tongue:

(I consider you guys to be practically married anyway :smile:).

Nah, you heard right. :tongue:

I'll tell ya more in private. :smile:

I feel like he always gives me his very best, and I just want him to feel the same way about me. I sometimes feel like he thinks I'm so much better than I really am, and I just want to catch up to this amazing person he thinks he married.

This is what I'm talking about. He makes me a better person because he believes that I am and I don't want to let him down.

I think that any human being needs love in their life but i don't think that only women can give that to a man. It's obvious that lesbians and gay men share love with each other as well as any straight couple.

Oh, of course. My hubby specifically said that gay men don't need women, but he believes straight men and women need each other.

Last edited:

playerclient

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Need" is such a subjective term.

A lot of the time I would answer the question, "No."

But there are other times when I would say "Yes."

I'm undecided as to how much of this is due to loneliness, horniness, depression, circumstance, genetics, and/or just the state of male humanity.

All that he said^, and then the immortal words of Brian Wilson,

God only knows what I'd be without you

So, yes, maybe, but then again... I'd rather ignore the psychological question of need and just comment that I know I'm better off in many ways with a (good) woman in my life.

Need is a navel-gazing question, want is the central, productive and practical question. I want.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Did they presume that men just couldn't manage themselves in the world without a wife, Drift, or did they just presume that those particular men couldn't manage alone and needed a woman?

I have always presumed that they felt that that was the natural order. To my mind they were that patronising Women's Institute type. Jam, Jerusalem and men need to know their place in their world. You know the type? "What are these silly feminists doing looking for equality? Everyone should know that we are superior." :biggrin1:

cockaddictedboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
as a "mostly gay" man, i'd say definitely no! we can live without them very easily. and if they did not have the capability to give birth, not this many men would have been interested in them. we are very happy man-to-man. even %100 straight guys prefer being with buds over their wives and gfs most of the time.

need2bsexy2

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Need a good woman? Or form a TEAM. My wife and I are a team. She does some things and I do other. We have raised two great kids and our entire family has great times together. We love everyone.

Did I get a good woman or did she get a great man? I don't know, but it works!

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
any person needs someone who cares about them.

like house plants and goldfish.
neglect and isolation is bad.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Men are perfectly capable and able to look after themselves without a woman - good or otherwise.
Just like a grown, mature man is perfectly capable of getting his shit together and doesn't need the guiding hand of a woman to make it happen.
No amount of feminine intervention will turn a fuckwit into prince charming if he doesn't want to be.

That is true.. but you disregard the number of men who do want to be better for their woman.

without even the potential of a woman in their life... it would be a world of nothing But fuckwit men.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i'm thinking without women the ball-scratching acceptability standard would be considerably lower.