Do men respect well endowed men more?

Do you respect well endowed men more than less endowed men?

• YES

Votes: 859 44.5%
  • NO

Votes: 377 19.5%
  • Depends or other variables

Votes: 440 22.8%
  • Never thought about it

Votes: 256 13.3%

• Total voters

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I think it's more to do with envy than respect
. . . we all have penis envy
Speak for yourself, pilgrim.

Bigger Cock = More Respect
No.
hmm I don't respect someone more if they have a big cock. I do find them more intimidating though. And I do become more submissive around them.
I don't get this at all. It's all between your ears, not what's between my legs or anyone elses.

It makes perfect sense to be intimidated by a large cock. A large cock, along with muscles, is the most basic sign of masculine strength. A true sign of being a alpha male.
No it doesn't, and no it's not.

If you respect someone because of the size of their dick, you are extremely shallow.
Word.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do well endowed men garner more respect than their less endowed friends? Do you see a guy who's well endowed and want to become his friend (not for sexual purposes)?

No, but if there are things I admire about a person, and he happens to be well-endowed, that is a part of him that I appreciate, similar to my automatic attraction to other athletic well-muscled guys. the converse does not apply, that is, in those unusual instances where I am attracted to someone who is not well-muscled and athletic, I will not feel any less admiration or affection for them (BTW, it really is just coincidence that my best buds are well-endowed -- I only learnt about that after they were my buds, in most cases)

Do you treat well endowed men like they are "The Man" or "Alpha Dog" in one on one or group settings?

not for being well-endowed, no

If you're a well endowed man, do you only seek brotherhood from other well endowed men while counting your less endowed associates as weak, less than, not macho, not cool, etc...?

no I, but I had one set of hetero room-mates who were each three very well-endowed, knew each other before they knew me, who were always making demeaning remarks among them about average or small-sized fellows they knew

ruffboy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
not at all. like many women have stated on threads here in the past, seems like the vast majority of well endowed men i and they have met have been total a-holes who take what is a a wonderful little gift they got in life and use it to bludgeon the rest of us with. every single woman i know who has banged a guy with a huge cock has said that guy was cheating on them non-stop and none of them look back on it with what i had hoped, nothing but awe and joy at having experienced a big dick, simply hatred for the guy and not wanting to talk about him any further for the real emotional pain they went through being involved with him.

pretty sad really.

this is not to say there aren't any 'good' guys out there with big penises, i've met several on here, but it certainly means i could never be able to automatically pre-judge someone as being worthy of respect simply because he's big. its unreal to me this poll is actually proving out a 40% majority saying yes. since my own 'unofficial' polling of women who have had them says 0% i'd have to guess its partly due to the groups we're asking and their pre-dispositions. a website dominated by big dicked guys will no doubt result in them saying they're cool ;-p

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh God not a free will discussion. thats a topic with no answer. I'm inclined to believe there may be no such thing but its not like I'm about to transcend myself and the order of the universe or some shit and see how it relates to us all.

and that's your choice. :cool:

Once the word and pictures are seen I say yes hung, and horse hung guy gets respected. A man who known for sexual endowment tends to get more buddies footing the bill.

i've got plenty of buddies who know i'm MUCH better hung than they are. and not a single one of them would "foot the bill" for me in any sense based solely on that, and they'd rightly think i was an asshole if i said that they should.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Think what you want. all conditioning after birth falls into the category of nurture. I can photocopy my psych book for you if you want.

But I doubt that you could photocopy a Psychology book or even list an APA or Journal of Psychology article that outlines and proves that "Men do respect fellow men who are well-endowed." :smile:

I PREDICT SOME ATYPICAL MALE TO MALE VERBAL COCK MEASURING...right..
NOW:

He says:
"I can ride a bicycle hundreds of miles while other guys would be too tired to drive."

I reply:
That is nice. What does that have to do with the topic?

Then he says:
"I'm pretty damn good with jiu jitsu too."

I reply:
That is cool. Again, what does this have to do with the topic?

Doesn't mean I'm an intellectual superior.
The subject wasn't about sports fitness and intellectual superiority. If you want to copy things out of your Psychology book...I already have one. And I do know that it is another battle to discuss intelligences and superiority over who is more intelligent. Intelligence can be measured by many, many facets. You should know that. It is talked about in most college psychology textbooks.

you're straying from the realm of sexuality to which I'm applying this meaning.

Well, I was addressing the notion: If men RESPECT...ADMIRE...men with big penises solely for that fact...how erroneous it can be to assign a person is a better man solely for that. Maybe I was illustrating how wrong it is to idolize people on their penis size. Yeah, men can admire a guy. But respect...is different.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Quote:
I think respect is the wrong word.

Exactly. You gain respect because of what you are or do. It's not something you get just because, genetically, you happen to have landed on the planet with a big schlong.
Same with looks.

THANKS .. for my lpsg Laff of the week Nyne..hah
soooooooooo right'
enz

besides..we ALL know Polls are Shit anyway..esp Political Polls

cyclistlarge

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Not every man has a large penis...does that mean that men who are average and below average are less manly and less powerful than the well-endowed?
you are stretching what I'm saying...a lot. No of course not. I can ride a bicycle hundreds of miles while other guys would be too tired to drive. I'm pretty damn good with jiu jitsu too. doesn't mean I'm an intellectual superior. you're straying from the realm of sexuality to which I'm applying this meaning. obvious point taken nonetheless.
lets not rob anything I've said of it's context. you were suggesting that I equate penis size to being manly and powerful. I was giving an example of how i don't make such irrational judgements on unrelating things. try and wrap your head around it. i never said that it was proven that men respected other men for penis size. please do not suggest that i did. in fact i told you that a few posts ago so stop trolling on it. Right about what nurture means wasn't I?

Last edited:

mako shark

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I only respect someone for what they have accomplished in life. Endowment plays no part in that equation.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
classic nature vs. nurture. this is an example of "nurture"-- developing people in said society to think highly of big dicks. I don't think so.

I am sorry. You are speaking abstractly. And you are assuming. Who is this "society" and how do you really know what "society" is thinking? Maybe that is the problem.

Thus i find it to be a symbol of power and masculinity. If another man is more powerful and masculine than me it stands to reason that I would be submissive towards him.

(That is you. I don't think that way. I disagree. I don't consider having a big cock a symbol of power and masculinity. Therefore, I wouldn't be submissive to that guy. That is the distinction between you and I...and probably your perception of "society"... whatever unknown demographic you are thinking of.)

I respect his cock... I thought you said "respect is the wrong word". :confused:

and the sexual power it grants him.

I don't assign men who are well-endowed as better than me. I don't cater. I don't offer subservience. (SPEAKING GENERALLY FROM THE TOPIC NOT NECESSARILY BY WHAT YOU'VE SAID.)

It is amazing that men would cater and be subservient to a guy solely for his big ol' cock.:rolleyes:
"Society" or whatever concrete demographic...I don't. (Again...SPEAKING GENERALLY FROM THE TOPIC NOT NECESSARILY BY WHAT YOU'VE SAID except the last part...because I still don't know what you mean by "society".)

lets not rob anything I've said of it's context. you were suggesting that I equate penis size to being manly and powerful.

No. I wasn't. I was speaking from the general response not your response. I was giving an example of how i don't make such irrational judgments on unrelating things.

Well, you made statements about your sports fitness: the cycling...the mixed martial arts.... You didn't say that they were examples of "how I don't make irrational judgments on unrelated things" in preclusion to your examples.
try and wrap your head around it.

:rolleyes: If you can state your intentions and support them...

i never said that it was proven that men respected other men for penis size. please do not suggest that i did.

I never said that YOU said anything. I was speaking from the general topic. If you are perceiving that I am suggesting anything...then that is your perception.

Wasn't I right about what "nurture" means (in reference to, "classic nature vs. nurture. this is an example of "nurture"-- developing people in said :confused:society:confused: to think highly of big dicks."?

No, I still don't think so. But it isn't the end of the world.

Last edited:

D_Jimmy Jammer

Sexy Member
Media
You gain respect because of what you are or do..etc
Now, is that a statement of 'nuture' (have I been socially conditioned to believe this)? Could be. Or is it a statement of 'nature' (observation and intelligence)? Could be. Is what I observe colored by what I've been 'conditioned' to observe? Could be. Is 'intelligence' just an application of this (think 'institutionalised social learning', schools), i.e. skewed? Could be. Or, is it independent and accurate?
Could be. :cool:
Better to leave out general psych textbooks. In my experience, they give, at best, cursory topic information and are usually well-dated before they're published.

While most books on sex say that penis size doesn't matter, there are two groups of people to whom it does matter. One group includes almost every male alive. The second group includes every woman who derives sexual pleasure from intercourse."

-The Guide to Getting it On.
And what exactly does that mean, particularly the last sentence, regarding size? Is he suggesting that women who require sexual pleasure from sex want or need a whopper? Does he mean an average sized dick or just one - whatever - that's sufficient (in which case his statement is circular)? Is he talking about, e.g. a micro-penis which, of course, wouldn't be sufficient (his statement could be circular there, too.) What he's said is inane. I've had two very close male/couples friends over the years whose wife/partner was pretty open with me and mine. Both guys had hard dicks between 4.5 and 5". One gave his wife multiple orgasms - which I ('nyne') wasn't able to do back then.:ponder: The other friend's partner was happy enough with his performance (she said in detail) to become his wife. They're both still happily married..
See. Inane :rolleyes:

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And what exactly does that mean, particularly the last sentence, regarding size? Is he suggesting that women who require sexual pleasure from sex want or need a whopper? Does he mean an average sized dick or just one - whatever - that's sufficient (in which case his statement is circular)? Is he talking about, e.g. a micro-penis which, of course, wouldn't be sufficient (his statement could be circular there, too.) What he's said is inane. I've had two very close male/couples friends over the years whose wife/partner was pretty open with me and mine. Both guys had hard dicks between 4.5 and 5". One gave his wife multiple orgasms - which I ('nyne') wasn't able to do back then.:ponder: The other friend's partner was happy enough with his performance (she said in detail) to become his wife. They're both still happily married..
See. Inane :rolleyes:

you're inferring a lot from the quote. what it ACTUALLY means is that penis size is important to people. what it does NOT say, at ALL, is that bigger is always better, preferable or that it endows the bearer with some god like worthiness or instantly make him deserving of respect. just that people care, one way or another, about it. take that to its logical conclusion...some women (and men) prefer more average sized or even smaller cocks. some prefer a certain size, and larger than that turns them off. so prefer length, some prefer girth. all it means is that the question and issue of size is important to people. the conclusion that that automatically means "bigger is better" is erroneous. and if you actually read the book i pulled the quote from (solely because i thought it was funny and irreverent, my qualification for using most things in life. :cool:), the remaining chapter on penis size and various other points in the book state EXACTLY that. so, no, not inane at all...and i've posted plenty of times, in this thread and others, stories, anecdotes and examples that mirror your own. so why are you arguing with someone who agrees with you? :biggrin1:

omgitsrob18

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
A while back in scouts some of the scouts that were a couple years younger than me found out I was larger than average. I am no where near huge, but I've been the same size since I was 15 so that's probably why they though I was big. They started talking to me more, listened to me, and just in general were less annoying and showed me more respect. Eventually they started asking me how I got so big, now mind you, it's been 8.5 inches since I was 15. But it was kind of nice knowing these younger kids looked up to me.

D_Jimmy Jammer

Sexy Member
Media
why are you arguing with someone who agrees with you?
Whoops. Not arguing with you, reverend: I'm asking questions about what the quote, as it stands, means and/or infers. The author's clearly saying, 'penis size matters to every woman who derives sexual pleasure from intercourse' (he's associated size and sexual pleasure.) Further, he has contrasted this statement with, "most books on sex say that penis size doesn't matter.' That usually means, 'big dicks don't matter.' Without the advantage of knowing, as you do, what else he says (how he qualifies this), the statement appears, to my mind, to beg the question, 'What does he mean by penis size?', i.e. it's 'informationally empty' (inane.) My example was intended to illustrate this.
But I might be wrong.
Perhaps we can say it's a quote out of context.:smile:

Last edited:

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whoops. Not arguing with you, reverend: I'm asking questions about what the quote, as it stands, means and/or infers. The author's clearly saying, 'penis size matters to every woman who derives sexual pleasure from intercourse' (he's associated size and sexual pleasure.) Further, he has contrasted this statement with, "most books on sex say that penis size doesn't matter.' That usually means, 'big dicks don't matter.' Without the advantage of knowing, as you do, what else he says (how he qualifies this), the statement appears, to my mind, to beg the question, 'What does he mean by penis size?', i.e. it's 'informationally empty' (inane.) My example was intended to illustrate this.
But I might be wrong.
Perhaps we can say it's a quote out of context.:smile:

i think the problem is one that's become ingrained in a lot of us, the association between the statements "size matters" and "bigger is better," which are actually two separate statements. size DOES matter, because regardless of if we have or prefer larger, average or smaller sized penises, we DO think about it and have those preferences. so it matters, but in different ways to different people. on the other end of the spectrum, to say outright that it doesn't matter at all in order to assuage the thoughts and insecurities of those who aren't on the larger side but associate the two statements together is somewhat intellectually dishonest and only reenforces that association.

but mostly, i just thought the quote was funny. :cool: