Do nice guys always finish last?

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
It seems obvious to me that in a "hook up" situation, like a bar full of single people, the nice guy might not get the girl because the girl who puts herself in that situation is probably not looking for a good guy. She is there to misbehave.

I'm generally a nice guy. I treat women with respect as a general rule. I'd even go as far as to say I'm a feminist. But I'll admit there have been nights when I went out and deliberately acted like an ass, said some outrageously sexist and racy things, and quickly found myself retreating to my apartment with a prize. Honestly I usually don't feel too good after.

hctib1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
hey X!!! as long as u've created a thread that Dolfette and Scalawag can argue and be childish about .....who needs to hear real statements!!! personally -- I think BOTH should start a thread about each other and leave their bullshit to another deal......and grow the fuck up!!!!!!!

hctib1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
GOD....and everyone else knows we're tired of seeing the personall ads here!!!!!!!
Dolfette and Scalawag!!!!!! Grow the fuck up!!!!!!
You've both swayed so far from the actual subject....... argue in ur own thread!!!!!!!

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media

Do Nice Guys Always Finish Last?

When it comes to business I would say maybe depending on definition.

When it comes to interpersonal relationships this is definitely not the case.

If we remove the "fetish" or "kink" aspects this to me would be totally untrue.

There are a percentage of individuals who want the perpetual bad boy or bad girl. In the long run individuals who in fact live up to that image are not really much fun. An individual who is unable to keep their pants zipped and is unfaithful is not fun, they are a risk taker and try to con others by risking not only their own health, but that of others. The same thing is true of a female with "round heels".

In psychological text there is so much written about "Bad Boys/Bad Girls" that it is mind numbing. No where in any of this text will you find a psychological professional stating that this is a good thing.

The ones attracted to individuals of this nature are trying to fulfill a need. The need that they are trying to fulfill may be different for each one, but, the fact is that love and the picket fence concept does not work for them. They like drama, they like excitement, they like mystery, and the image they are looking for is often the described character we are discussing.

The problem is that this kind of individual is not respective, nor are they capable of anything working long term because they must as part of their nature move on from individual to individual never settling with anyone.

I have seen this in both the gay and straight communities and in no case did the attraction to the "bad boy/girl" ever end or last permanently. Eventually it did end and there was always hurt and unhappiness.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hey X!!! as long as u've created a thread that Dolfette and Scalawag can argue and be childish about .....who needs to hear real statements!!! personally -- I think BOTH should start a thread about each other and leave their bullshit to another deal......and grow the fuck up!!!!!!!
what a funny, angry person you are...

do you do parties?