Do opposites attract?

zaza

Experimental Member
Media
I have often heard it said, not sure if its true for me or not.

I would say I am probably attracted either to guys who are very like me or are very opposite to me in terms of looks.
In terms of personality very different to me.
In terms of social background very similar to me.

What about you?

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
probably...I am attracted to dark-skinned men and women.....not to say that I will turn down offers of sex from those of a fairer complexion

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I wonder if people think opposites attract because some people will take what they can get rather that be lonely, creating some odd couples.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think people need some things in common to be attracted to each other in the first place. Those with opposing views on life, and closed minds won't get along very well. All they'll do is argue. However, those who appear to be polar opposites do, sometimes, make a good couple. How opposite they are in their eyes, as opposed to what we see from the outside, is two different things.
They may not be nearly as different from each other as they look to others.

D_Andy_Whorewall

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In most cases opposites do attract, on their own.

Meaning, to seek out someone opposite than you is NOT the same as fate bringing you together. Fate is a mighty player in the land of love and attraction.

I've seen many a couple than had the same interests, down to the sneakers they wore, fall apart. Too competitive ? Not enough balance or variety either.

Plus there are things we need to do alone, without our otherhalf present. Opposites will always attract. Law of the universe.

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't think opposites have any higher potential to attract than similar people, or lower. We are attracted to people with similar interests because it gives us something to talk about, but likewise, we are attracted to people very different from ourselves because it gives us the opportunity to learn and talk about new things. I'd say both are valuable, and balance one another out.