Do other animals besides humans have orgasms too?

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Damn that is an interesting question!:eek:

I would imagine primates do. Hell the pygmy chimps, the bonobo, are the make love not war monkeys. Screwing and rubbing each other just for fun.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Most male animals don't take long when they are mating so if there is any similarity with humans, I'm not sure that the female has time to work up to orgasm.

HamYai

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
All the males do.

Quite quickly - same as humans really.

The females don't orgasm quite so quickly, which is why they have sex with one and then go seeking it from another and another and another, almost immediately. - Same a humans, really.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Yea. Orgasm is another word for ejaculation, or sperm leaving the penis. So any animal that has sex with another for repreductive (or pleasurable) purposes has an orgasm. Even sheep.
Actually orgasm and ejaculation are two separate processes.

Yes some animals will experience orgasm, I'm thinking mostly the ones that have sex recreationally would for sure. I would see that as cause for them to have sex that way.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Copied from an Italian web site:

Una coppia di contadini sta facendo colazione una mattina e l’uomo sta leggendo il giornale: “Cara, c’è scritto nel giornale che solo l’uomo è capace di avere un orgasmo”. La moglie gli dice: “Sì, allora provalo!”. Allora l’uomo si alza e esce di casa; torna due ore dopo e dice alla moglie: “Con le vacche è provato, con le pecore pure, ma con la maiala è difficile da dire: non fa che gridare per tutto il tempo!”.

Translation:

A peasant couple are having breakfast one morning and the man is reading the newspaper. “Darling, it says in the paper that only man is capable of having an orgasm.” His wife replies: “Well, prove it, then!” So the man gets up and leaves the house. He comes back two hours later and says to his wife: “I’ve proved it with the cows, and with the sheep, too, but with the pig it’s hard to say: she just squeals the whole time!”

Last edited:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know how they substantiated it but it is claimed that a pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes.

And forget it, I've had the swine flu, and 34 seconds was my max then.

I always wondered how they substantiated that, too.

I saw something that mentioned that about a pig's orgasm lasting for 30 minutes, then said "In my next life, I'm coming back as a pig" :biggrin1:

I also vaguely remember reading something about dolphins having sex for recreation, not just for procreation. So they probably do orgasm.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I always wondered how they substantiated that, too.

I saw something that mentioned that about a pig's orgasm lasting for 30 minutes, then said "In my next life, I'm coming back as a pig" :biggrin1:

I also vaguely remember reading something about dolphins having sex for recreation, not just for procreation. So they probably do orgasm.
There is a list of animals who have sex for recreation. Some type of primate for sure is on that list.

They ejaculate, but do not appear to orgasm as we do. The human female is the only known female of any animal to have an orgasm. It is more difficult to tell with males.

Two things indicate that humans may be unique in this instance. First, we walk upright. Because we walk upright, having a bone in the penis, as other mammals do, isn't practical. Humans lost their os penis ages ago. In order for male humans to be able to copulate, there had to be some psychological trigger to cause erection. The theory goes that sexual arousal became erotic arousal in order to trigger that erection. Humans also reproduce far less frequently than most mammals, rarely have more than one child at birth, and invest a relatively huge number of years raising their young. Because of this, humans of both sexes are far more discriminatory about who they mate with.

Human women are also unique in higher mammals that they don't go into estrus only at set times of the year. Human females are fecund all year. This makes the woman always ready for the right man, who might show-up at any time. Because human females spend nine months pregnant, and then up to a minimum of 13 or 14 years raising her young, mating is a very risky proposition for a woman. She needs a man to stick around. She's not self-sufficient like most female mammals are. By her ninth month, she isn't going to be out stabbing salmon or climbing coconut trees. If she's got a man around, she and her offspring stand a much better chance of survival. Men like to fuck... a lot. Why not make women want to fuck a lot too even if they don't want to have children? That way the man can still fuck even when he's got a wife and kid, and the woman will want to fuck too because she can enjoy it just as much. He sticks around, maybe falls in love, and hangs around for the seven or so years until the kid is relatively, though not completely, independent.

Humans are fascinatingly unique in very many ways in the animal kingdom. There are whole areas where we just have no analog to other animals. Receiving pleasure from sex may be one of those.

ballsaplenty2156

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Two drunks were walking down a street. They see a dog laying on the grass on the side of the road, licking his balls. The first drunk says to the second drunk, " Boy, I wish I could do that!". The second drunk replies, "I think you'd better pet him first!!".:tongue: