Do people assume that well hung men are dumb?

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I read a book a while ago called The Male Body (Amazon.com: The Male Body: A New Look at Men in Public and in Private: Susan Bordo: Books). This book said that people often assume that if a man is well hung then all he is interested in is sex, and therefore he is assumed to be dumb. It said that this is one reason that many black men tend to object to people stereotyping that they are all well hung. I suppose it's the male equivalent to women with big breasts feeling that no one will take them seriously. I think that some women have even had breast reductions for this reason.

The book also has some interesting talk about the flipside of this. The author writes that it's also assumed that men with bigger penises are more masculine. The author makes reference to an interview she had with a young man about high school locker room mentality. It was really unusual, but this young man said that back in high school all the big jocks would shower together and just sort of swagger around in the locker room. He said, "They were saying, 'We have bigger dicks than you. We're more men then you.'"

Has anyone on this forum experienced this sort of discrimination, or this sort of assumption that if you have a big penis then you are sexualized and therefore dumb? My closest friend is very well hung. (Don't ask me how I know. :biggrin1: Okay. I know because he told me so, and because, well, I've peaked a few times while beside him at the urinal, lol. :biggrin1: ) This guy has stories going back to his early teens of seducing hot housewives. It seemed to me that he has it made. It took me a while to realize that on some level he's sensitive about it because his endowment has led people to objectify him, to feel he's only sexual, not intelligent, and he's followed through with this stereotype in many regards.

Any comments?

Last edited:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't see how this is supposed to work, unless you are talking about the assumptions that men may make about other men whom they only know from seeing them in a locker room or some such setting. Otherwise, you get to know a guy and form an opinion about his intelligence long before you see his dick; so in ordinary social relations, I don't see how anybody is going to make an inference about any man's intelligence from the size of his dick.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do people assume that well hung men are dumb?

No, I do not and I don't know anybody who does.
Personally I think anyone that assumes intelligence or lack thereof based on a persons physical features is dumb. :cool:

Amber1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well.... I would never assume that...it's silly!!! If a man is nice and good looking

AND has a big dick!! I would just think ooooohhh I'm doing alrite here!!! :wink:

Funny how a lot of men speak to women like they are stupid though when they have big breasts!!!

Or just stare at your chest!! And if you have big boobs and blonde hair....forget about it!!!! LOL!!

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I don't see how this is supposed to work, unless you are talking about the assumptions that men may make about other men whom they only know from seeing them in a locker room or some such setting. Otherwise, you get to know a guy and form an opinion about his intelligence long before you see his dick; so in ordinary social relations, I don't see how anybody is going to make an inference about any man's intelligence from the size of his dick.

Just a question. I wasn't saying for certain one thing or another. Maybe people do assume this about well hung men. Maybe they don't. I don't know, because I'm not well hung. Hence, the need to ask the question. :dunno:

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Well.... I would never assume that...it's silly!!! If a man is nice and good looking

AND has a big dick!! I would just think ooooohhh I'm doing alrite here!!! :wink:

Funny how a lot of men speak to women like they are stupid though when they have big breasts!!!

Or just stare at your chest!! And if you have big boobs and blonde hair....forget about it!!!! LOL!!

This is hot.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

hehe don't feel bad...if a guy has a nice chest, people will stare at it too when talking to ya' :) AND if you workout and have that *jock* look..people naturally assume...dumb jock.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just a question. I wasn't saying for certain one thing or another. Maybe people do assume this about well hung men. Maybe they don't. I don't know, because I'm not well hung. Hence, the need to ask the question. :dunno:
It's a silly question. You cannot tell if a normally attired man is hung or not. So there is no way for an assumption of intelligence based on penis size to occur. :cool:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well since most if not all of the situations in life where my intelligence level was being judged was in a professional or social situation where I was fully clothed; I would like to think that peoples perceptions were actually based on my overall intelligence and accomplishments. Those feelings aside I have heard all the blonde jokes for a lifetime told by little dicked brunettes.:rolleyes:

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
No, I do not and I don't know anybody who does.
Personally I think anyone that assumes intelligence or lack thereof based on a persons physical features is dumb. :cool:

well, now with reguard to large breasted or pretty women it is different
I mean I have known women irl that get by based on looks when they actually have the intelligence to get by based on thier mind, they just go the lazy way

as to guys I have never had anyone think I was stupid cus of the size of my cock (generally people know me well enough to realize I am not stupid before I show them my cock so I'm not sure how this would even happen)

many women do tell me that because I am big they assume I will not be interested in thier pleasure or doing any work in sex

that's retarded but they still think it

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well, now with reguard to large breasted or pretty women it is different
I mean I have known women irl that get by based on looks when they actually have the intelligence to get by based on thier mind, they just go the lazy way

as to guys I have never had anyone think I was stupid cus of the size of my cock (generally people know me well enough to realize I am not stupid before I show them my cock so I'm not sure how this would even happen)

many women do tell me that because I am big they assume I will not be interested in thier pleasure or doing any work in sex. That's retarded but they still think it
Actually that's not retarded that would be based on their past experiences. MANY men with large penises don't give a crap about their partners feeling, orgasm, or developing technique. They just do jack rabbit sex, or whatever gets them off. It would seem you are a pleasant surprise for your lady friends. :wink:

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
Even if we assume that many people DO think that if a guy is well-hung, that means he is dumb ...

We are, in almost all cases, exposed to someone's level of intelligence BEFORE we see what sort of male hangage they have.

So, you would almost always form an opinion that someone is relatively intelligent or not before you might know that he is well-hung.

Now, if you had this prejudice, once you found out a guy had a big dick, you might think either "Well, he sure seemed stupid and now I know why" or "He sure seemed smart for a guy with a big cock." But in either case, you would have already assessed the qualities that you would have been able to form an opinion about with his clothes on.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
It's a silly question. You cannot tell if a normally attired man is hung or not. So there is no way for an assumption of intelligence based on penis size to occur. :cool:

But if you belong to an ethnic group said to have males with large penises, such as with black males, then people may just assume this about black men. Further, there is such a thing as gossip. I'm sure women (and gay men) gossip about who is well hung and who isn't.

Then there's the flipside: people often stereotype that Asians are very intelligent, good at math, etc., and that they have small penises.

Then, take Italians. They are believed to be very sexual men, and are also often portrayed as not too intelligent. "The dumb Italian" guy is a stereotype in many shows, Taxi, Friends, Happy Days, Who's The Boss, etc.

Last edited: