Do people assume that well hung men are dumb?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
cuz in general good looking people are stereotyped as stupid, lacking in personality, self-centered, shallow..blahblah..fill the blank with any negative character trait. almost assuming if you're gifted in one area you're lacking somewhere else.

attractive people, or in this case a guy with a huge cock, are often objectified or hyper sexualized to fit the viewer's fantasy. if the trait in question could be fetishized then the person won't been seen a complete individual. like tunnel vision? maybe. you get the added icky of a dehumanizing thought process.

you really could replace hung with rich, young, beautiful, athletic. it would still be the same and still used as a focus for negativity. maybe something wonderfully outside of the norm touches insecurities? or pure wanting? coveting/possessiveness of beautiful things seems to be a long standing compulsion in the human species.

no clue really. it's a play on odds. percentage of big cocks and big brains. don't see why a boy can't win the odds on both counts.

ML

who is not very smart. guess why people like me.

heist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
MickeyLee has it right: I think it comes down to what you take as a person's "defining feature" -- the most important part of them, in your opinion. If someone is defined by having a big cock or big breasts, then they will probably be seen primarily in a sexual context, and so their intelligence will probably be downplayed. The "good-looking = shallow" example is explained by this, too. The problem is when something (like having a big cock) turns into a person's defining feature even though it's not what they consider their own defining feature.

Naturally, no one wants to be forced into a box by other people like that, but ultimately people put others into little boxes like that because they don't have time to completely know each and every person they encounter. In the end, it's really just a matter of overcoming stereotypes. And we all know how silly most stereotypes are...

alysen6

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you're all missing the question. It isn't: Do YOU assume hung guys are stupid? Do YOU approve of people assuming this?

The question is: do you think there IS a trend of it happening? I think that there somehwat is, probably based on a "cave man" or "jock" stereotype that makes some people objectify guys with big dicks. A lot of my previous boyfriends (who were all hung :) ) had to fight against this from time to time, especially when people knew that I liked them especially for their size. There was an expectation that a big dick was their main asset, which usually wasn't the case.

Not a bad topic.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Never ever heard that said.

I suspect intelligent guys dont feel the need to brag about their dick size. Therefore its the dumb ones who do brag coz they dont have much else to dazzle u with.

HyperHulk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Has anyone on this forum experienced this sort of discrimination, or this sort of assumption that if you have a big penis then you are sexualized and therefore dumb?

Any comments?

This question is a bit dumb to me to be honest. I've never heard this stereotype before and can't even imagine how it would come up. But the question you asked is too separate issues. Hung=dumb, never. Hung=sexualized, all the time. But whether sexualized means you're dumb isn't really what happens. In my experience, being sexualized means the person really doesn't care if you're smart or dumb or whatever--they just want your big cock inside them.

Sometimes people have too much time on their hands thinking about this stuff it seems.:biggrin1:

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
This question is a bit dumb to me to be honest. I've never heard this stereotype before and can't even imagine how it would come up. But the question you asked is too separate issues. Hung=dumb, never. Hung=sexualized, all the time. But whether sexualized means you're dumb isn't really what happens. In my experience, being sexualized means the person really doesn't care if you're smart or dumb or whatever--they just want your big cock inside them.

Sometimes people have too much time on their hands thinking about this stuff it seems.:biggrin1:

If it's a dumb question does it follow that you're answer to it is also dumb? :confused:

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think it's more common to assume that hung guys are jerks rather than dumb.
At the risk of sounding like a jerk :smile: the assumption I've most frequently encountered is that evidently I'm supposed to be interested in anyone who's into size.