Do REAL Straight guys actually still wear Tighty Whities?

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm 29 and I grew up until around 13 with briefs. Stopped and wore boxers for about 6 years then went to boxer briefs. Now I am basically a boxer briefs or briefs guy. I just really need the support.

I really dont see what is remotely gay about briefs.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I used the word REAL straight guys in my question because I referenced my observation from Broke Straight Boys and I know that the guys on websites like this are most likely not straight at all so what they wear might not be representative of the culture at large.
Well, then that just undermines your entire premise for asking the question here, doesn't it?

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorry, dude. Low-rise white briefs qualify as well. No offense intended, but since low-rise are available I think it looks pretty dorky to where anything else. I told my best bud this and now he won't wear anything else.

Those are NOT "tighty whities," a label that refers to plain white full cut or midrise briefs in the style of Hanes

D_Phil_R_Upp

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm gay as a goose but from my observations with co-workers in the small town I used to work in (which had a changing/locker room)....yes, they do.

They also wear white tube socks with back dress shoes......that's all kinds of wrong, but another topic all together.

Whether the tighty whities are sexy depends on how clean they are and how nicely they're being filled out....

Reactions: omoshiroino

Gamm

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I switch around. usually wear bikini undies. I like the buldge.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not really illiterate ("wear" not "where"). I got a phone call when I was posting this so didn't proof.

Sorry, dude. Low-rise white briefs qualify as well. No offense intended, but since low-rise are available I think it looks pretty dorky to where anything else. I told my best bud this and now he won't wear anything else.

Last edited:

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Resurrecting an old thread here- but let's assume the question is "do straight guys (any guys for that matter) wear tighty-whites?" For definition, let's limit that to "cheap" brands (aka BVD Hanes, FTL, Old Navy, etc) where the common sale is in multi-packs. Let's further remove string bikinis, or thongs, etc. We're talking about a common BRIEF that normally has a fly on the front. A few questions:

1. If it is generational, is it just 'younger' guys who mock 'younger' guys who wear them? I can't think of any time I've ever seen an intergenerational mocking scene that surrounds underwear (Dude- you wear those?! WTF...)

2. Do BLACK briefs count in the same derided category as 'tighty whites?' I have a buddy who still prefered briefs, and he didn't mind an occasional remark that accompanied it- but he bought and wore ONLY navy blue and black, and felt that he skirted a lot of negativity by keeping the white out of his underwear drawer.

3. Do guys still wear JUST one type of underwear?

Maybe some guys are of a specific body shape, but I honestly wear all types- from cheap to designer, briefs to boxerbriefs, boxers to jocks, and even an occasional thong, or freeballin. It TOTALLY depends on what I'm doing (sitting, swimming, biking) what I'm wearing (dress pants, jeans, walking or running shorts, etc) and my mood (show nothing in an conservative environment, strap it down during sports, ring it up and out on a saturday night, or let everyone watch it swing in lightweight shorts or sweats if I'm feeling so inclined.)

I like the variety- of not just the design (material or pattern, color) but the shape (close to the body fit, or bulky and unshapely), and the mood (sexy and modern with a fashion label, or "slumming" with cheap and common.) Different events call for different gear!

Reactions: omoshiroino

HFOStimmer

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The contractors that I work with all still wear them. I don't see many at the gym, even of the older guys. Actually, I rarely see briefs at all there, mostly boxers and boxer-briefs.

KindlyJedi

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Haven't worn "tighty-whities" since childhood. I usually wear boxer briefs if I'm wearing loose clothing (ie; jogging pants, cargo shorts), and bikini briefs or trunks at work or with tight clothing (ie; jeans).

I think that tight white briefs are a thing of the past, old men wear 'em. I associate them with old guys and/or my childhood.

I suppose some men might wear them, though.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
I wear them. I also wear the colored ones. Well, when I wear underwear. I see them at the gym all the time. Young guys, old guys, the in-between guys are wearing them. I see a couple of guys wearing boxers or boxer briefs. Many just don't change clothes. I do see one caucasian guy, about 55, wearing bikinis. Bikinis are mostly worn by the hispanics. I see a lot of free-balling. No thongs or any off beat underpinnings.

josty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I see a good number of guys at the gym wearing them. Mostly older.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wear briefs. I have literally 4 white briefs which are all Calvin Klein. I have over 80 colored briefs and over 60 Boxer Briefs. So that answers two questions, I dont wear just one type of underwear and I dont really consider tighty whities when they are colored. Briefs are just another type of underwear and over the last few years they have encountered a shift in design and popularity.

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I suspect that most men wear the underwear that they find comfortable, which will vary from person to person.

For myself, all my underwear is white, though I don't wear "tighties".

AlexanderCA

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
I used to think guys avoided briefs because they are more revealing as far as showing their butt, stuff like that...But since boxer briefs came around and are more popular, and are just as revealing, I don't think that is the determining factor. anyone else feel this way?