Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’m straight (curious) wondering if straight guys wear jock wraps?

I’m wanting to start the gym soon but I feel a jockstrap (Nike one looks good) would be better support for me while I work out? Do you guys agree? And other straight guys do you think the same or do you already wear them?

is anyone in London up for being a gym buddy too!? I have no clue what to do when it comes to the gym - the weights area I never step foot in as it’s too intimidating to go there when I do t know what I’m doing ahha

I’m up for a good steam/sauna and shower in the nude after a good workout with a buddy

Male, 20, London

slinger01

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’ve posted about this elsewhere here I think; growing up playing sports in the late 80s and 90s jockstraps/athletic supporters were pretty common. Part of our PE class uniform if you can believe that, but so we’re shitty short shorts and coarse gray t-shirts. We also had communal showers.

The right jock, for me at least, can be more comfortable than compression shorts. But not always the right choice…like leg presses unless you want everyone to see it all.

jocks are far less common from my experience but are making a bit of a come back. Personally I’m not a big fan of some of the fashion jocks, but I won’t knock anyone for wearing them.

Mattw1

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’ve posted about this elsewhere here I think; growing up playing sports in the late 80s and 90s jockstraps/athletic supporters were pretty common. Part of our PE class uniform if you can believe that, but so we’re shitty short shorts and coarse gray t-shirts. We also had communal showers.

The right jock, for me at least, can be more comfortable than compression shorts. But not always the right choice…like leg presses unless you want everyone to see it all.

jocks are far less common from my experience but are making a bit of a come back. Personally I’m not a big fan of some of the fashion jocks, but I won’t knock anyone for wearing them.
So you wear jocks as a straight guy?

D

deleted345306

Yes. I am rather athletic and I run about 20 miles a week. Having a big cock and a set of big balls, I usually wear a traditional style of jockstrap. If am working out at the gym and want to go for a run from there, when I wear compression shorts. Don’t ask me why the difference. I also ride a bike and when riding I wear a jockstrap as do most of the guys in my bike club. Biking can be brutal on your balls and a jockstrap provides the support that my balls need.

slinger01

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So you wear jocks as a straight guy?
I wear a jock frequently when exercising and have for 25+ years. The right jockstrap supports my balls (as well as my cock) far better than compression shorts or briefs.

Underwear style has very little to do with sexual preferences and perhaps more to do with what feels right for the individual.

D

deleted300444

I agree & endorse all of the above.
@Mattw1 Get a couple of them, a Bike, a Duke, and a Safeguard. Wash them prior to wearing. Air dry vs dryer which messes up the straps. I wear to the gym, I sometimes sleep in them, and wear under jeans. I agree with @slinger01 , I am not so much interested in fashion jocks.
Report back

geekyJockstrap

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Londoner here, though not straight. 100% of the time I work out I wear a jock. I do Olympic weightlifting and functional fitness and they give me the support and keep everything out the way perfectly. Compression just doesn't cut it for me. Happy to change openly in the changing rooms too without a worry.

Or someone in London want to come shopping with me? Help me pick out the right jockstrap for me
The Nike ones are brilliant, grab them from ASOS. If you want more of a classic jock, import the GYM ones from jockstaps.com.

Mattw1

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have both of the Nike Jocks. The Pro seems to fit and wear best for me.
Thanks man!
Londoner here, though not straight. 100% of the time I work out I wear a jock. I do Olympic weightlifting and functional fitness and they give me the support and keep everything out the way perfectly. Compression just doesn't cut it for me. Happy to change openly in the changing rooms too without a worry.

The Nike ones are brilliant, grab them from ASOS. If you want more of a classic jock, import the GYM ones from jockstaps.com.
ah thanks man! Where abouts in London you based?

Reactions: geekyJockstrap