oakjockdude92

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They became "gay" as far back as the 70's, and if you look at really old vintage pics, you'll see the equivalent of jockstraps more than a century back.
As it became safer to be gay, the jockstrap became a fetish item: it evoked images of "manliness": strength, muscles, cocks and balls pouched up an emphasized so you couldn't take your eyes off them, locker room "guys" chatter, competitive spirit (like a warrior), etc.
I think it's disingenuous to expres surprised that jocks are "gay," even tho I deplore that attitude. What makes jocks sexiest to me is when the dude thinks of them as athletic supporters. That is, he just pulls it on to protect his cock and balls and the last thing he's doing is "preening" for other guys, which is what "fashion jocks" try to do, which is why I hate them. The lack of self-consciousness is what makes them hot.
totally agreed, i wear calvin/2xist/etc briefs but i like an old school athletic supporter more than anything. especially as a gay man its nice to express masculinity and athleticism while also being sexy. straight guys should rediscover that. being a man is something to celebrate.

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
No Response
totally agreed, i wear calvin/2xist/etc briefs but i like an old school athletic supporter more than anything. especially as a gay man its nice to express masculinity and athleticism while also being sexy. straight guys should rediscover that. being a man is something to celebrate.
Right? Nuthin like old school jocks. Did you see that bikeathletic.com has started manufacturing (in America, no less!) classic Bikes.
Well, I say classic and the one I ordered was like some that came out in the late 80's maybe, but I got the genuine 1970's Bike (two of them) from eBay. They're awesome

Autobear1976

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
jockstraps may have different purposes, but they are a utilitarian undergarment. There is no sexual orientation component to comfort. Everyone should do what they like. This idea could go on forever. Are brands of cars gay? Is wearing a fanny pack gay? Is wearing a belt with a pliers holder and a ball cap straight? I don't think labels work.

knight_71

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not straight but I work construction and summer heat can be brutal. Jock supports my low hangers and allows a breeze on my ass. Love jocks in the summer months. I find them comfortable. Prevents nuts from sticking to thighs and swamp ass.

Attachments

Reactions: Jon1971

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not straight but I work construction and summer heat can be brutal. Jock supports my low hangers and allows a breeze on my ass. Love jocks in the summer months. I find them comfortable. Prevents nuts from sticking to thighs and swamp ass.
I located two Bike classic 3" jocks from the 80's on eBay, exactly the kind you have picture here (white). I fuckin love them and they remind me of my jock-obsessed days in the70's and 80's

dikje1

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I cackled but you're not wrong.
I’ve heard this, too (actually, a friend told me, “You can’t wear a jock, you’re a top.”). But I love wearing a jock. I love the way my boys feel in it, and the bulge it makes in my jeans.

Reactions: VicViper88

headhunter317

Admired Member
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Nothing wrong with wearing jocks. Reminds me of sports in school
Yeah, nothing wrong. I remember in gym class we were playing baseball. Guy at bat hit one and it hit a guy right in the balls!! Teach went over and grabbed the guys waistband of his jock strap and pulled him up in the air BUT the guy was still wreathing in pain. His strap was NOT a cup.

Reactions: Summer of 1973
D

deleted14740151

Yeah, nothing wrong. I remember in gym class we were playing baseball. Guy at bat hit one and it hit a guy right in the balls!! Teach went over and grabbed the guys waistband of his jock strap and pulled him up in the air BUT the guy was still wreathing in pain. His strap was NOT a cup.

AceWilde

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Yikes! I played catcher back in the day and I've been hit in the groin by a speeding ball and even with my cup it hurt bad.

opinionman

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, and sometimes you read this in articles etc--the idea that a jock PROTECTS your dads. It doesn't, at least not from any real impact. Obviously, that's what a cup is for, as you say. But some articles I've read don't make that distinction. Probably written by women.

Jon1971

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Love jocks, more comfortable than compression shorts, and they support much better too. After hanging around this site for a while I've even pretty much stopped wearing boxer briefs, and now wear jocks as everyday underwear instead. I'm so much more comfortable, no readjusting throughout the day, and no swamp ass.

Reactions: Autobear1976