Do Straight Men Let Another Man Give Them Blowjobs?

D

deleted15807

You call us intellectually lazy

Well who the hell else would embrace labels? It's easier than having to get to know someone and doing "the hard work".

Labels are just one step away from stereotypes. And given your seemingly inability to address the harm in labels it's not difficult to imagine you dovetailing your way into stereotypes. And then will we hear you defend those as well?

The problem with labels is that they lead to stereotypes and stereotypes lead to generalizations and generalizations lead to assumptions and assumptions lead back to stereotypes.

Neller

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There will never be "one tool" that can evaluate human behavior rather we rely on a variety of tools and methods to reach a most likely conclusion. I could present a lot more tools however if all are criticised as being inaccurate or unreliable than "common sense" as some here have pinned for then we know we have individuals not really seeking a greater understanding of human behavior.

I'm not suggesting there is only one tool, I'm asking why you think the Klein Grid is better than the Weinrich results when they're based off the same data? I don't know that one is better than the other, but you seem to think the Klein Grid is the one we should be interested in and I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion.

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
Well who the hell else would embrace labels? It's easier than having to get to know someone and doing "the hard work".

Labels are just one step away from stereotypes. And given your seemingly inability to address the harm in labels it's not difficult to imagine you dovetailing your way into stereotypes. And then will we hear you defend those as well?

The problem with labels is that they lead to stereotypes and stereotypes lead to generalizations and generalizations lead to assumptions and assumptions lead back to stereotypes.

The problem obviously is that you never read what people are writing since I already adressed this.
Labels are not the problem. Stupid people who turn them into stereotypes or give them a negative connotation are the problem.

Besides, "intellectually lazy" is nowhere a label like colours or sexual orientation. But what do I know.

D

deleted135966

I believe sexuality is like volume knob...going from mostly straight to mostly gay. Everyone is somewhere on this spectrum. Our sex drive is just a bunch of chemicals our bodies produce that stimulate our senses when presented with the proper stimuli. the stimuli is our sexual attractions...most of these things we are born with, no one really teaches us what things are sexy we do get images from society but most things we think are sexy we just know...but what is taught or is learned is our inhibitions, the things we stop ourselves from thinking about sexually. There are many people who have gay feelings...or even straight attractions but the inhibitions can be stronger than the attractions for many people and they can control their urges. That is why so many men in prison do homosexual acts, it is not that they " become" gay they just lower their inhibitions for desires that are already there because prison society may be more accepting of gay sex, whereas the outside society may not be. As you can see I often think to much...LOL

D

deleted15807

I'm not suggesting there is only one tool, I'm asking why you think the Klein Grid is better than the Weinrich results when they're based off the same data? I don't know that one is better than the other, but you seem to think the Klein Grid is the one we should be interested in and I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion.

Actually my point is to always expand knowledge and thinking and look at "old" subjects in new ways. I'm neither endorsing Klein or dismissing his work. I'm asking for consideration of his work as one of many other sex researchers.

As to Wikipedia, the open source dictionary, the "shortcomings" section has it's own critique:
This article's Criticism or Controversy section may compromise the article's neutral point of view of the subject. Please integrate the section's contents into the article as a whole, or rewrite the material.

Given Klein and Weinrich actually worked together and Wienrich it seems quite admired Klein and used his grid in his research.

Data Analysis Terminable and Interminable: My Collaboration with Fritz Klein

...I'm not sure I would characterize Wienrich's work as at odds with Klein's work as whoever edited the Wikipedia page has. And the Wikipedia "shortcomings" links to the study below and claims
His different dimensions can be reduced to a single factor.
is quite incorrect based on the abstract which clearly states: We conclude on the basis of our analysis that both the lumpers and the splitters are correct.

A factor analysis of the Klein sexual orientation Grid in two disparate samples

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sargon do you actually read what everyone is posting. Because you are not even arguing anything anymore you just keep trying to change the subject with out any success and ignore what everyone has posted.

People have always been the problem. But like Snakebyte Neller and nearly everyone has said labels do not cause harm unless people attach negative connotations to them. If you yourself have a negative association with the word Bisexual and gay then the only problem is with you.

And if you don't want labels to exist why do ou want people who are clearly not straight to label themselves as such. Because even if the call themselves straight their actions with say other wise and if people have a problem with their actions no amount of calling themselves straight with change the way ignorant people feel about them

D

deleted15807

Sargon do you :sleeping:

Again I ask you and your choir to provide a link or documentation saying behavior equals orientation which is your raison d'etre for being here? I will not entertain another question from you until you do.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Again I ask you and your choir to provide a link or documentation saying behavior equals orientation which is your raison d'etre for being here? I will not entertain another question from you until you do.

If male homosexuality were not a taboo in our culture, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Some LPSG regular posters really really downplay the taboo of male homosexuality in these sorts of discussions. They can't even see how how the taboo affects their own ideas, perceptions, etc. That's what I call thinking like a fool.

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

See you did it again you completely ignored the entire post in hopes to change the subject. Did you actually read anything that was written

Neller

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If male homosexuality were not a taboo in our culture, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Some LPSG regular posters really really downplay the taboo of male homosexuality in these sorts of discussions. They can't even see how how the taboo affects their own ideas, perceptions, etc. That's what I call thinking like a fool.

I don't think we're downplaying, but more making an assumption that in this space it's not an issue. I think other than from a few mildly insane posters, it'd be hard to show that homosexuality is taboo on these boards so we're discussing this without that factor. I think we all understand in the real world that sometimes for safety, work, or family you may have to say you're something you're not.

D

deleted15807

Indeed implicit in the conversation and just under the radar is the tabooness of the subject, the implicit "you're not straight if you...." and who is saying it says volumes.

Also is the rampant desire to simply and dumb down a very complex facet of human behavior. And you've hit on that many times and it's routinely ignored. The simplistic formula they espouse can't handle all the variables you present. If you do X then you are Y
(hello Hatt_101) just crashes and burns when you try to get that baby in the air.

See you did it again you completely ignored...

You seriously have a reading comprehension problem.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
I don't think we're downplaying, but more making an assumption that in this space it's not an issue (it's always an issue). I think other than from a few mildly insane posters, it'd be hard to show that homosexuality is taboo on these boards so we're discussing this without that factor. I think we all understand in the real world that sometimes for safety, work, or family you may have to say you're something you're not.

It is very much an issue on LPSG, too, I'm afraid...just better disguised. Male homosexuality is always seen as somewhat taboo, even if the gay-friendliest of circles ... sad but true. There is inbred homophobia everywhere in males in our society ... even on gay-friendly sites like this. Gay - particularly male homosexuality - is all wrong and pussy-loving is all right. It's ingrained in boys as they grow up, no matter how much you fight against it. It influences your mindset much more than your gay-friendly mind would ever think.

Last edited:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^ True... What BigBull29 said. ^

It's sad that we are still arguing about this superficial stuff, in 2015, instead of having fun with our differences, and our variety of sexualities... Who really cares about the "labels" anymore?... I don't mean to sound trite, but, it is time to move on from these constraining stereotypes.

A/B

Hatt_101

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You seriously have a reading comprehension problem.

As do you seeing how you not only completely ignored my post but you also ignored Nellers post as well. Are you going to acknowledge what he and MANY other have said numerous times or or you going to keep acting like a stubborn ass who only talks to one person.

in case you missed what he Posted

Nellers post: I don't think we're downplaying, but more making an assumption that in this space it's not an issue. I think other than from a few mildly insane posters, it'd be hard to show that homosexuality is taboo on these boards so we're discussing this without that factor. I think we all understand in the real world that sometimes for safety, work, or family you may have to say you're something you're not.

And in case you missed this one I posted: People have always been the problem. But like Snakebyte Neller and nearly everyone has said labels do not cause harm unless people attach negative connotations to them. If you yourself have a negative association with the word Bisexual and gay then the only problem is with you.

And if you don't want labels to exist why do you want people who are clearly not straight to label themselves as such. Because even if the call themselves straight their actions with say other wise and if people have a problem with their actions no amount of calling themselves straight with change the way ignorant people feel about them

I highlighted the main point just so it will be easier for you to follow along.

Neller

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is very much an issue on LPSG, too, I'm afraid...just better disguised. Male homosexuality is always seen as somewhat taboo, even if the gay-friendliest of circles ... sad but true. There is inbred homophobia everywhere in males in our society ... even on gay-friendly sites like this. Gay - particularly male homosexuality - is all wrong and pussy-loving is all right. It's ingrained in boys as they grow up, no matter how much you fight against it. It influences your mindset much more than your gay-friendly mind would ever think.

Obviously I'm not attuned to it so it probably goes right over my head or I just assume it's people being shitty on the internet because the internet. If you can think of an example or two from here, would you mind showing us so those of us who aren't aware of it have an idea?

Maybe that's why the groups seem to be talking past each other a bit, the no-men ever 100% straight guys just aren't aware of stuff like this so we don't understand all the issues.

well, fuck--is there cows in texas? with a cock like mine, no woman can get it even started down her gullet, fags like a challenge and love a big cock. I'm straight as a string, but fags are made to suck cock and like it!! on your nees, bitch!