Do straight men look at other men and think to themselves...

You may be correct but the question about gay guys cannot (theoretically) be answered here.

The wording of the question seems to imply that str8 guys see other guys as competitors while gays might see them as potential sex partners.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The wording of the question seems to imply that str8 guys see other guys as competitors while gays might see them as potential sex partners.

I see "straight" and not "str8" and this is the "Ask a Straight Man" forum. There's no mention of sex in the question. I didn't get from "kicking someones ass" to "potential sex partner" at all.

I see "straight" and not "str8" and this is the "Ask a Straight Man" forum. There's no mention of sex in the question. I didn't get from "kicking someones ass" to "potential sex partner" at all.

Nitpicking spelling?

I am merely wondering why someone would "ask a straight man" the question at hand. There may be an implication that a different answer would be obtained by asking a "gay man." OH, RIGHT! Maybe not!

Reactions: hunghorse30

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Nitpicking spelling?

I am merely wondering why someone would "ask a straight man" the question at hand. There may be an implication that a different answer would be obtained by asking a "gay man." OH, RIGHT! Maybe not!

I may be wrong, but I believe that "str8" implies less than 100% heterosexual, while "straight" does not.

Reactions: deleted848353

I may be wrong, but I believe that "str8" implies less than 100% heterosexual, while "straight" does not.

That would be a new one on me. I was just saving key strokes! Maybe the OP will revisit this and his possible implication.

Now I see the OP is mostly gay, reinforcing my theory that he sees or suspects a difference between straights and gay in re: to this issue.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
Do straight men look at other men and think to themselves: "I could kick his ass if I had to."

sort of, I train in a variety of martial arts so when I look at people often I consider based on their body type what kind of fighting style would most benefit them and then naturally I think of how I deal with those types of opponents....

I especially think that when the guy looks toxically masculine!

Mike hung

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sure sometimes, I used to box, wrestle and always work out. I still play rugby at weekends, if some guy is being a tosser then sure it goes through my head.
Sometimes people need puttin on their ass!