Do straight men pick friends based on physical attraction?

mattyacht

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was just curious. What is it that motivates a straight man to pick his male compadres? Is it strictly personality, physical attraction, a combo, common interests? Also, do straight men ever wonder what the other guy has in his pants? This may sound a little naive, but I would like some sincere answers from you straight guys please!!

Typicaltool

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I like to hang out with guys who I get along with and share the same points of view on at least SOMETHING, it could be anything from video games to politics to philosophy, any point of interest that I share with someone adds to me wanting to befriend them, but that really goes for guy or girl....it just is easier to like girls since i'm sexually attracted to them, but at the same time quite a bit more shy around them so I don't talk to as many. Not that I really talk to a ton of guys.....I guess I'm just picky about guy friends as i am about girls

The only time i wonder about what a friend has in his pants is if he mentions it, I see it through his pants, or I hear about him having sex or something.

D_ntelost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have to be honest. I have friends of all appearances, and I get along with them all very well - but if I'm going out on the weekend, it's easier to pull girls when all the guys are attractive, even if there's more competition, it's relative to better options.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was just curious. What is it that motivates a straight man to pick his male compadres? Is it strictly personality, physical attraction, a combo, common interests? Also, do straight men ever wonder what the other guy has in his pants? This may sound a little naive, but I would like some sincere answers from you straight guys please!!

In my experience, its shared circumstances rather than physical appearance or personality traits that tend to result in straight male companionship. By that I mean its mutual interests that draw straight guys together. Things like: enthusiasm for observing or participating in sports, common hobbies, shared work environment, schooling or training together, hazards endured together, etc.

Just don't ask them to share their feelings about anything. :smile:

Luge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I really hadn't thought about it until you asked the question. I thought I picked my friends by personality, compatibility, sense of humor and general level of fun. But now that I think about it, my friends have also been handsome. I guess I may have factored in looks without really thinking about it. It certainly helps when you are picking up on women to have a good looking friend with you. It could also have been my 10% factoring in looks as an additional category.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
interesting questions...it just so happens that almost all of my friends have been decent looking guys...but it's not anything I ever thought about...what's important to me is that the people I associate with are good people and loyal friends...I have no curiosity about what they're packing, either...I've only ever seen one friend's dick and that happened years after we met and it was purely accidental...

I really don't choose friends based on looks but I do find myself wanting to be around attractive people and more eager to make friends with attractive people I like. Those are just surface things though. Once I get to know someone it doesn't matter what they look like.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In my experience, its shared circumstances rather than physical appearance or personality traits that tend to result in straight male companionship. By that I mean its mutual interests that draw straight guys together. Things like: enthusiasm for observing or participating in sports, common hobbies, shared work environment, schooling or training together, hazards endured together, etc.

Just don't ask them to share their feelings about anything. :smile:

It is the same for me. As for sharing feelings, about the only feeling I share with my friends is my disgust for the political situation, I seldom if ever share my feelings on them emo situations.

Typicaltool

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I just realized that all my guy friends are rather unattractive...

my gf has commented on the looks of 2 in particular.....and not in a nice way....

B_liltomnotsolil

Just Browsing
Media
OP...

it's like gay guys...the attractive people usually group together and the uglies either try and get in with the attractive people or just flock together with the other uglies

i'll admit, that i do pick friends based on sexual attractiveness.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just realized that all my guy friends are rather unattractive...my gf has commented on the looks of 2 in particular.....and not in a nice way....
:rofl: I'm sorry, I know this question was for men but I had to laugh at the above response. :tongue: It reminds me of me. :biggrin1: My mom has often said she doesn't understand why my female friends hang around me. With the exception of one or two all my girl friends out weigh me by at least 75 pounds. However, all are highly intelligent, funny, good people.

plumbr

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would say good-looking people, just by observation, gives me a feeling of loyalty, honesty, and support whereas unattractive people, by observation, gives me a feeling of deceit, mistrust, and manipulation.

NOTE: I do not prejudge because I value CHARACTER over physical attributes. Once I find out that the good-looking person is just another shallow swallow, usually the case, he/she goes into my "photographic memory" recylcing bin. I do tend to find that good-looking people, based on my statistical observations, are more prone to narcissistic behaviors.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That never really occurred to me. Since I'll never be interested in getting with any of them, it doesn't really matter what they look like. To be honest, I really don't want to know about the endowment of any guys I know, friends, family, whatever. It's not that I'm worried about competition or anything. I just don't think it should matter between friends.