do tall men live longer?

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i am going to be nice and sweet and supportive (things some had accused me of not being last week, which is a load of BS, but...)

I am going to assume this is a legitamte q (no less than some of the crap that floats thorugh the lpsg waters :"have you seen your dad naked?" "do you wish you had seen him naked?" "whens the first time you saw yur dad naked?" that a ton of people respond to)

I am not sure. i think i read that exceedingly tall men have more stress on their hearts. I can google it for you and get back on it?

I know large breeds of dogs have shorter lives do to this the giant breeds living 7 -10 years) but i don't know if it would hold true for humans, though i would guess the really tall (6'9 and over) may have stressed hearts...

I am not sure. I'll ook it up though (if for nothing else than to have some cool trivia)

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have also heard that shorter guys live longer. I think it's due to the heart having to do less work (in general). I don't think it's a significant difference, mind you.

Last edited:

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
huh. ok i found contridicting studies (go fig! lol) some say shorter live longer,others say that taller means healthier and so longer lives (bu they were speaking in terms of overall society type things:poor society=malnourished=shorter=good indication your gonna die)

Some say the type of things to worry about are different (shorter more likelyhood of heart disease vs taller with more chance for ruptured aortas) ruptured aortas

Here are some links... will search for more...

NYtimes article

straigtdope message bord

answers.com

discovery health and fit

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There was a n article in Sports Illustrated recently about the short life span of seven-footers, but I think the curve is actually a bit better for folks close to six feet. I had grandparents only five feet tall on one side of my family, and they died in their early sixties while the taller grandparents made it to their 80s.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I seldom see old men that are taller then 6'.

parr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know about them living longer, but they certainly get a
better view.:biggrin1:

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I'm 6'1" so i hope so. But thinking about it..... Think of the extra stress on joints having to bent over, the extra pressure to keep blood/O2 going that few extra inches. Plus I can't remember the last time i saw a really old tall person.

D_lkjhgfdsa1234

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Shorter people definitely live longer, healthier lives. They have less stress in their hearts and carry less weight so they have fewer back problems than tall guys. Back problems prevent mobility and lack of mobilty means less exercise and less exercise means dying younger. I am 40 and can still breakdance like a 20 year old can while my former breakdancing friend who is taller and 3 years younger stopped breaking because of back and knee problems.

tgirlsrgreat

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
But if we look at animals, the bigger the size the longer their lifespan.. think at elephant and hamster for example...
horse poop

great danes, for example are one of the shortest lived breeds of dogs. large size brings a whole set of issues