Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
They can, but I don't think they will. Giants may beat the spread tho - is it still 12.5? Pats not great against the spread last half of the season, but, then again, those were big, skewed spreads after their big wins in the first half of the season.

I'm a huge Pats fan so maybe I can't be objective, but I really think the odds are good the Pats won't cover. Can't bet against them myself.

oralroger

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
They're still playing so, Yes, they have a chance. The question should be how much of a chance do they have. As much as I hate the PATSies I would not bet against them.

B_bobs3304

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes.

Giants have the best defense in the league right now. The one team that rustled Brady in the 'offs was San Diego, who I think was 2nd in the NFL in the sacks.

GIANTS ARE 1ST.

Also, they're SCALDING HOT right now, Manning is untouchable so far (no 'ceptions), and Burress is playing like Terrell Owens right now.

I think Bradshaw will be an X Factor for NY. He's quick as a bug and can find seams in that NE front line.

I think the Giants'll lose tho.

It's Brady.........and it's the superbow.

red7.5

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
They're still playing so, Yes, they have a chance. The question should be how much of a chance do they have. As much as I hate the PATSies I would not bet against them.

It's great to be hated :smile:. Really, we like it up here. A lot.

You know, if the Giants win, they win (Shit, that sounds Madden-like). It'll be bigger news that's for sure. A Pat's win would be historical, the cheating scandal may make it infamous, but still, historical. But a Giants win would be absolutely huge in the media. Plus Eli Manning, despite some inconsistencies, is a fine quarterback and a helluva lot more likable than his big bro.

dinosaurmeat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Money is piling in on the Giants.... The line has gone down to 11 in some spots, 12 at most others... Sharp money is on the Patriots ML, as I think that bet has the most value. I'd say old off, and look for the best price you can find on the ML. Its at around -450 right now, but I think as the media continues to make a big deal about Brady's ankle, the price should come down.

Media
For the same reasons I hate the New York Yankees in baseball, I hate the New England Patriots in football. The Patriots have not been known for going out and spending a lot of $$ on free agents just to win championships. That is what I deplore about professional sports, and that is what the Patriots have done with this team.

I believe the Patriots will win, but so often it is not the best team that wins, but which team is hot. The Colts got hot last year (I still remember sitting in the RCA Dome last year and watching them come back and beat the Patriots), and the Giants are getting hot at the right time.

The Giants MUST get pressure in Brady, and a lot of it. The thing that makes this Patriot team different from the Dolphin team that went unbeaten is that if you take away a key player or two (like Brady and Moss), I don't think the Patriots have a chance. The Dolphins went unbeaten by using their 2nd string quarterback for a good chunk of the season. Where would the Patriots be today if Brady had broken his leg like Greese did with the Dolphins. They would be at home scooping snow.

All this babble aside, I think.....and hope.....the game will be entertaining. Once again, if the Giants can get pressure on Brady like they did on Romo (Go Eastern IL University.....alumni here), anything can happen.

Anything!

B_bobs3304

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^ Yeap ill second that notion.

Gotta hold Moss well below 100 yards, and have to rattle Brady, I think it's imperative we mess up his timing all game long.

Watch out for Wes Walker, Brady'll find him somehow someway. And Kevin Faulk has to be neutralized. Longer Brady's on the grass, smaller chance for Giants to win.

Look what happened when they kept Favre off the field...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, they have a chance; but I am hesitant to place a serious bet on them. I am a Jersey Girl born and bred and was raised on watching and going to Giants games. I LOVE that team! BUT they have a nasty habit of being ahead up to half-time and then choking. Or, and these are the games that break my heart. They lose in the last 6-8 minutes of the last quarter. Do I want this to happen? Hell No! I'm just saying I never completely rule it out. :redface:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most of the know-it-alls didn't believe that Big Blue had a chance against Dallas or Green Bay and we all know what happened there. Of course they have a chance- as long as Eli keeps doing what he's been doing and Coughlin continues along the lines of having fun as a large part of their thought processes.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Go Big Blue!!!

p16782031_450.jpeg