Do theses scents do it for you?

Wave85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wear cologne - not a lot, just enough that you can smell it if your nose is relatively close to me. Every time I run out, like now, I try and decide if I will change scents, and I take a look on line for suggestions. Today I ran into this strange article where scientists measured arousal (blood flow to the genitals) when providing certain scents to women. Good and Plenty candy, cucumber, pumpkin pie and lavender were the most reactive with a combination of Good and Plenty (licorice) and cucumber having the most profound effect. Does that resonate with you? Also, I like that lavender made the list (my primary cologne is lavender based - I just like the smell, but hey, if it causes blood to rush to the genitals of females - bonus) - any colognes, those of you that like cologne, particularly like?

Reactions: Mercurygirl

I don't like the scent of licorice/anise/fennel much at all. I think pumpkin pie, cucumber, and lavender all smell good for different reasons but they're not ones I find sexy. I prefer very clean/fresh scents, think Cool Water, Aqua di Gio, etc

Reactions: 286798 and Wave85

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm not familiar with men's colognes anymore but I did smell Dior Suavage / Sauvage (?) the other day and that's sexy. I like a muskier smell as opposed to sweet on a man.

We don't even have pumpkin pie over here so I can't comment on that. Lavender reminds me of sleep. Cucumber is refreshing and I love the taste of liquorice products but I don't think I'd find those sexy as a cologne.

I second the clean/fresh scents and luuuurve it when you've got to be right there to smell it.

A former coworker used to bathe in some trendy scent that did NOT work with his chemistry. I was not AT ALL attracted to him, but valued his friendship and couldn't stand to be around him. I talked him into going cologne shopping. We found a scent called Saddle by Demeter that smelled like leather but "sweetened" on his skin, and Hypnose by Lancome that was amazing on him.

Scent is really, really personal. I later bought Hypnose for my wasband and it was bad, bad, bad. I wear a certain scent and get TONS of compliments on it. Friends have bought it for themselves and their wives and it doesn't work on them.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
oh man, i wish Hillaire was still here.
he's the scent whisperer

i like earthy, piney, spicy scents
not too big on florals
musk notes are nice... depending on the person's body chemistry

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
What do you smell of right now?

Your Favorite Male Fragrance

Men's Cologne

several years of postings about men's fragrances
look for anything from NudeYorker or D_Tim McGnaw *Mr. Hillaire*

related to the original post
i am not a huge fan of the scents meant to trigger blood flow to my naughties
maybe it's a subconscious reaction? i would need a jenny-meter to know how i respond to pumpkin pie

scents i know make my downstairs happy
fig and pepper
citrus and cardamom
leather and white cedar

there are all all these non-organic scents
new tires... drives me while
*shrug*

Wave85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What do you smell of right now?

Your Favorite Male Fragrance

Men's Cologne

several years of postings about men's fragrances
look for anything from NudeYorker or D_Tim McGnaw *Mr. Hillaire*

related to the original post
i am not a huge fan of the scents meant to trigger blood flow to my naughties
maybe it's a subconscious reaction? i would need a jenny-meter to know how i respond to pumpkin pie

scents i know make my downstairs happy
fig and pepper
citrus and cardamom
leather and white cedar

there are all all these non-organic scents
new tires... drives me while
*shrug*

Thanks @MickeyLee and everyone, very helpful - I am partial to all of the same scents as you @MickeyLee - new tires? - agree that everything smells different on everyone. The scent I have been wearing for longer than I want to admit, very few people wear is made up of jasmine, sandalwood, pepper, vetiver, bergamot and lavender... I had to look that up. Love to hear other responses as well.

Last edited:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
My husband has been wearing Curve for 19 years. We've found nothing else that smells so fantastic on him compared to other colognes.

I do love buying him rustic, masculine smelling beard oils for his luscious lumberjack beard. I like the smell of Cedar and sandlewood. Pine is nice also.

Wave85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Reactions: deleted924715

Wave85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The first time I was really in love, he wore Coolwater. I haven't seen him in almost 20 years, and it still gives me nervous butterflies when I catch a whiff. I never dated anyone else with a signature scent.
Anything you like I have to smell AE - thanks!

Reactions: AlteredEgo

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
rtg, pumpkin pie is actually a vanilla, spice and sweet combo. No actual winter squash scent involved. It's all about the pie spices.
Cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, maybe allspice, maybe cardamom. Plus vanilla and something signaling sugary sweet.

My partner of gifted proportions is fond of wearing earthy patchouli based scents. One day, he will embrace his inner hippie and realize his true path.
Now, my freak flag is of gifted proportions. Literally. My hair is almost knee length. My tie dyes and skirts are the base of my wardrobe outside of work. (and that is t shirt and green hiking pants...sooooo....)
Patchouli, if not used in lieu of bathing, is fabulous in small doses. I've worn it for decades myself.
I own a blend named Hippe Shower.
Because you know when you need to laugh at yourself.

I'm noticing I like herbal/spicy/woody scents. Recently I started playing with vertiver as a note in my own blends. (Hippie Shower is not my blend. It is Herbs and Arts' in Denver)

Reactions: Wave85

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Lavender infused coconut oil is my ABSOLUTE favorite smell of all time. I'm not partial to cologne or perfume... but using a combination of lavender essential oil and real, pure coconut oil as a moisturizer for skin and hair makes me all the happy feels.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay