do u txt?

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
It depends on what what I've got to say and who to. If I just have a short message for someone who I know will keep me talking for half an hour if I call, I'll send them a text. I also use texts when it's something important but not urgent so it can be referred back to.

I've got one friend who texts rather than whispering when in company, which I think is even more rude.

Oh i fully agree! It's pig ignorant.

Same. It's cheaper and I can't be arsed phoning, lol. Also,I have to admit to groaning slightly if someone phones me back after I've just texted them.:p

PS: I hear DiscoBoy and Exwhyzee both have pretty high text drives. ;)

I do more than groan...i don't mind them using their credit though...saves mine!

You've both got plenty of text appeal. :biggrin1:

So have you by the sounds of things:tongue:

I don't mind texting but it's a bugger to do when i have had my nails done and especially if i have had talons put on...i have to text using a pen nib to press the buttons lol

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dont even own a cell phone, and still have a VCR and a cassett deck in my car....

I dont get the point of texting. Life shouldnt be so frantic and urgent.... RELAX people

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Do I text? Hell no! And I think it should be illegal (if not already) while driving.

It is in California.

I text, but would much rather talk on phone if possible.

#1. I have a bluetooth earpiece, so I can keep working at whatever it is I'm doing while talking. Texting,,,stop-reply-get reply-stop again- etc..

#2. I still have my "razor" which has the old 10 key buttons and not a keyboard, so it can be a bitch typing the correct word. I've got it set to whatever it's called when it tries to fill in the word for you, which is a little easier. However, you can sure get some funny incorrect words popped in if you're not paying attention.

#3. It's probably my OCD, or that I'm anal, or both, but I can't get used to purposely mispelling words (text speak?). So it can be some long drawn out messages, lol.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I text often...I have a teenager at home! But I've also found it's a good way to get a message to someone without waiting forever to leave one on voice mail. And it is easier and faster to retrieve a text message than a voice mail message. That being said, I hate those people who find it necessary to leave paragraphs of info in a text message. If you have that much to say, you should call.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I text often...I have a teenager at home! But I've also found it's a good way to get a message to someone without waiting forever to leave one on voice mail. And it is easier and faster to retrieve a text message than a voice mail message. That being said, I hate those people who find it necessary to leave paragraphs of info in a text message. If you have that much to say, you should call.

It's worse when people text me "k" and leave it at that

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I prefer texting to calling most of the time. I text if I think a call would be an interruption. It's also useful to text friends instead of making overseas calls. Although since I got that skype app it's not as necessary.

We usually arrange our lunches over text. I have a pre-written message I send on the sly to friends if I am in a meeting and need to escape. "call me now!"

LambHair McNeil

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
It may be heresy to admit that you are in your 20's and don't care for texting, but I don't. I'm a talker and a writer. When they came up with e-mail they found the right invention for me to use when communicating with people other than by phone.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I asked Verizon to block text messaging from my phone because I was getting too many junk texts. I don't want to deal with it. People can call me, e-mail me, or speak with me face to face.