do u txt?

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I text. But I use the King's English (or the semi-modified version that educated Americans use), complete words, correct spelling, complete sentences.

And, on occasion, a bit of wit.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I fucking hate text messaging! It's right up there with smacking loudly while chewing gum. However, one of my most favorite things is to turn around in a theatre and take away the mobile phone from the person behind me when it rings and they answer. The few times they've put up a fuss I've just got out of my seat and taken the phone to the theatre manager or nearest usher. I suggest you all give it a try some time. Very gratifying.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I asked Verizon to block text messaging from my phone because I was getting too many junk texts. I don't want to deal with it. People can call me, e-mail me, or speak with me face to face.

You had to ASK to have it blocked? I have it blocked in my cell phone's preferences under the Tools icon. Weird.:smile:

EDIT: If you're multilingual (like me) I find that texting fleshes out those who actually know how to spell in their native languages and those who don't. Plus, I've yet to find a cell phone or cellular/mobile service that hasther ¡ ! and ¿ ? together. They are always separated by six different characters. And just try finding an umlaut for French, German, or Dutch. Hell, I can barely find them on my MacBook Pro! Grrrrrr. and a bunch of other cranky old man noises!

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My mother called me yesterday and told me she has discovered this neat thing called texting.

That's it. Everyone texts now.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I absolutely loathe texting, and think of it as quite rude and impersonal.

Only time when I text, is for sending / receiving map locations, phone numbers, and similar, where using it would be a better option, than trying to remember it in your head.

I also hate the text short-hand talk, especially when it comes to chatrooms.

I did at one time, even disable / remove the number which operates the texting service, as I got so pissed off with it.

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I become a more call-person than text-person when I am growing up.

Anyways, in here, we call it 'SMS' than 'text.' Perhaps culture thing.