Do women ever get tired of being complimented on their beauty

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One of my very best friends emailed me the link below asking for my comments. She is one who is always giving me compliments, and while I think I do the same to her I know the score is in her favor. I believe in complimenting someone, but I don't go overboard. I know quite a few people who are.

Most of the comments on the question are spot on, especially the one where after a point the compliments become meaningless.

Also, I'd like to be inclusive and hear from the gentlemen who also receive compliments on their looks.

Attractive Women: Do attractive women ever get tired of being complimented on their beauty? - Quora

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When a compliment is given sincerely I accept it sincerely. Life is to short for me to get tired over some thing so insignificant as some one offering a compliment otherwise. As you said it's simply meaningless, I don't dwell on it.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
depends on the intent.. most "you're so beautiful" comments are attached to a come on.

yesh, i get annoyed with menfolk rolling up on me in random situations. no.. i'm not gonna peel off my underpants for you cuz you think i am pretty. no, i'm not going to give you my contact information.. and no... i'm not flattered by your opinion on my boobs. what some dudes call compliments are really unwelcome comments on my body. very uncomfortable feeling.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

puckman4

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being 58 years old and having women in their 20/30's approach me in public and ask if they can touch my hair or the one who told me I had the ass of a 20 year old then said actually not many 20 year olds have an ass like yours never gets old, on the other hand I'd feel like a creep taking it any further

Last edited:

Typically women in thier late 20's to late 30's arnt bad, its younger than that, or older. the older ones are just creepy, i've had some older or really big women buy from me at work and they start to flirt and stuff, and... ok thats fine.. i sometimes flirt to make sure i close the deal... than they make a comment on my looks, than another.. and another.. and i'm sick of it after the second time because it jsut got creepy.

Girls in their early 20's at bars and such can get annoying and make me sick of the complements if they think i'm out of their league. In reality, I don't think men get sick of complements unless its from women they are just unattracted to.

One of my very best friends emailed me the link below asking for my comments. She is one who is always giving me compliments, and while I think I do the same to her I know the score is in her favor. I believe in complimenting someone, but I don't go overboard. I know quite a few people who are.

Most of the comments on the question are spot on, especially the one where after a point the compliments become meaningless.

Also, I'd like to be inclusive and hear from the gentlemen who also receive compliments on their looks.

Attractive Women: Do attractive women ever get tired of being complimented on their beauty? - Quora

Reddhott

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Getting hit on at work is just creepy anyway. You can't tell the person to fuck off. You can't even tell them to take a hike. Not if you want to keep your job. It's a power move and they know it.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Getting hit on at work is just creepy anyway. You can't tell the person to fuck off. You can't even tell them to take a hike. Not if you want to keep your job. It's a power move and they know it.

Depends.. my boss has seen me blow off creepers at work and all he said was "if he comes back and makes you uncomfortable, come get me."

Ellie, I get kinda annoyed sometimes depending on the situation.. but most times I'll just say thanks and flash a smile :)

Tuka

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I love compliments. I admit it. I can rarely get too many. Only once in a blue moon does someone say something that I think is creepy. Most of the time, it's all welcome.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It depends on the context. As MickeyLee pointed out, some guys use compliments as part of their approach in trying to pick up women, so it's hard to know if they're even sincere in what they are saying. I don't get offended, unless they get crass about it or invade my physical space. I think I would pay more attention to a compliment about my intellect or sense of humor or my work, to be honest.

I think anyone appreciates tactful honesty. Depends whether one has their tactful ears on though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'm fine with compliments so long as it's all respectful. If I'm obviously/deliberately ignoring someone and they force their way into my space... I'm annoyed... For sure. If they say something and I give a polite "thank you" and turn to go my own way, it should be left at that. I appreciate it, I've said so, now go away. If there's anything shove-y or predatory about it, I'm going be irritated at BEST.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
what's it like to be a walking vaginal desiccant?

did you have to take special classes? or, ya just naturally talented like that?

huguest

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It true that men can be insistent and displaced with their beauty comments. Too much compliments often transform into negative message.

But be careful how you reply to does compliments. Sometime it's a sincere remark with good intention. When you just ignore or worst be sarcastic with the guy, you end up looking like a real bitch and infatuated with yourself.

It's happen to me once, and I felt miserable. When your young It's take courage, to go and ask a girl with a nice compliment and that "fuck off" attitude destroy all the mojo of your counterpart.

Decline, but be smart about it.

Jillang

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If its from my bf or someone I actually want a compliment from I don't mind. If it's from a stranger or somewhere inappropriate or even from someone inappropriate then I definately don't like them, it can be creepy.