Do women look penis (crotch men) on the street?

XL_Lingam

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In addition, "Oriental" is Eurocentric and a vestige of colonialism. It presupposes that Greenwich, England is the center of the Universe. But someone sitting in Beijing right now, for example, doesn't consider herself East of anywhere--she just is where she is. Her identity shouldn't be defined by a bunch of dead imperialists.

As for the original topic, I generally show a bulge but that's just the way I'm built. And when I was a ballet dancer it was not uncommon for people to look at my crotch, but they would quickly go on with their own business afterward. It can be a fun masturbatory fantasy to suppose that the world stops, jaws agape, at the site of my crotch, but alas, that simply ain't the way it is. The most common reaction, I daresay, is probably indifference because people have their own shit that they're dealing with and my flaccid dick, I'm sorry to say will most likely be of little help to them in those matters. In my experience, smiling tends to get a more sustained and authentic reaction from women.

firsttimecaller

Expert Member
Media
Oriental applies to rugs and old historic shit. If someone refers to me as Oriental, it seriously makes me wonder if you also refer to black people as Negroes and so on. That's how archaic and out of place that shit is.

As a half Japanese person raised in the most Asian state in the US, I think people who bitch about being referred to as oriental are just looking for something to bitch about.

As a half Japanese person raised in the most Asian state in the US, I think people who bitch about being referred to as oriental are just looking for something to bitch about.

And as an entirely Korean individual who lives in the Pacific Northwest which has an incredibly high Asian population density, I think that passe attitude is why yellow face and other bullshit has continued way past the time frame that black face and other crap pretty much stopped.

I'm not deeply wounded to my fucking soul by idiots still using Oriental, but will I call them on it? Fuck yes. Am I taking it as a personal insult? No. Do I think it's stupid? Yes. My standard for what actually is personal as far as racism has seen a fairly broad spectrum of bullshit. I've lived for a time in a place that was deeply racist. I've been hit, I've been spit on, I've had garbage thrown at me, and so on. Do I think it's bigoted when someone will be polite about referring to people of one ethnicity but won't for another? Hell yes.

In addition, "Oriental" is Eurocentric and a vestige of colonialism. It presupposes that Greenwich, England is the center of the Universe. But someone sitting in Beijing right now, for example, doesn't consider herself East of anywhere--she just is where she is. Her identity shouldn't be defined by a bunch of dead imperialists.

As for the original topic, I generally show a bulge but that's just the way I'm built. And when I was a ballet dancer it was not uncommon for people to look at my crotch, but they would quickly go on with their own business afterward. It can be a fun masturbatory fantasy to suppose that the world stops, jaws agape, at the site of my crotch, but alas, that simply ain't the way it is. The most common reaction, I daresay, is probably indifference because people have their own shit that they're dealing with and my flaccid dick, I'm sorry to say will most likely be of little help to them in those matters. In my experience, smiling tends to get a more sustained and authentic reaction from women.

No lie, dudes doing ballet I kinda can't help but notice, but then go back to watching the dancing. Dancer physiques are impressive, and the skill/etc even more so.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

As a person of no Asian descent of which I'm aware, I'm the one who first called out the remark because, as mentioned, it's just not the best of available words and is better used to describe objects than people.

If you don't take offense at it, that's fine. I've known black people who routinely use the word nigger. That doesn't mean then that there aren't problems with the word, and most especially, I don't think it's particularly productive to step out and label those who do take offense as hypersensitive.

D

deleted924715

Every time I see the title of this thread I think that "crotch man" is being used as an alternative to the word "penis" . You know, like "pussy" is substituted for "vagina". It makes me laugh :D

firsttimecaller

Expert Member
Media
it's just not the best of available words and is better used to describe objects than people.

Says Who?

I'm not deeply wounded to my fucking soul by idiots still using Oriental, but will I call them on it? Fuck yes. Am I taking it as a personal insult? No. Do I think it's stupid? Yes. .

If you don't take offense at it, that's fine. I've known black people who routinely use the word nigger. That doesn't mean then that there aren't problems with the word, and most especially, I don't think it's particularly productive to step out and label those who do take offense as hypersensitive.

1. Its not a slur, nor is it even slang.

2. The literal definition is basically, "From eastern Asia". People fall under that category too.

3. The use of it to describe people is odd because it is dated. Its not malicious.

4. Calling an asian person an oriental vs. dropping an N-bomb on a black person...I mean, those arent even the same sport, let alone the same ballpark.

You know what annoys me more than being called an oriental? Indian guys trying to claim Asian-brotherhood (you aint got no slant-eyes) and people who pronounce karaoke "carry-oh-kee" (its "cah-rah-oh-kay" you ignorant fuck!) :D

Reactions: BaddJack

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

firsttimecaller

Expert Member
Media
The US government, for one.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown...-spanish-speaking-oriental-from-federal-laws/

Occurrences of the word were stricken from government documentation by unanimous vote. There's nothing stopping you as an individual from not finding the word offensive, but culturally, the US has moved past it.

Wow, thats interesting.

I dunno, I just look at it like someone who refers to their car as a horseless carriage...you just sound like a grandpa.

firsttimecaller

Expert Member
Media
My standard for what actually is personal as far as racism has seen a fairly broad spectrum of bullshit. I've lived for a time in a place that was deeply racist. I've been hit, I've been spit on, I've had garbage thrown at me, and so on.

I think growing up in hawaii warps ones perspective as far as being asian. That kinda shit only happens to white people back home.

My wife (japanese half breed like me but her whiteness is irish) who grew up midwestern mainland however, was called chico chong, ching wanger and all that nonsense. No haole kid would ever pull that shit in hawaii unless they were looking for a beating.

firsttimecaller

Expert Member
Media
I think growing up in hawaii warps ones perspective as far as being asian.

Just to expand upon this, Hawaii when I was growing up was basically a small Asian resort country where everyone speaks English and run by an American government where most officials are also Asian. Its still like that for the most part but because its so damn expensive now theres more money (i.e. white people) moving in.

Other than tossing chink and slant around between my other halfsy friends and being occasionally called Yao Ming on the court, I never legitimately got shit for being asian until I went to college on the mainland.

A little Australian history here, condensed version :) I sent off some emails to the consulate/ embassies in the region here on Sunday, as yet I have received no reply. They may have tried to ph me as I included my address, name and ph number, but I do not answer private numbers when displayed (it is another story why I do not answer private numbers). I will follow up with a phone call at the end of the week to the consulates if I receive no written reply.

Back to a little history....Australia has and had an indigenous population before white settlement, way before. European settlers treated them very badly, and still do in many areas today. English settlement in Australia was initially a Penal colony, convicts not wanted in the homeland. In those days stealing a loaf of bread put you on a ship to Australia. The English and Captain Cook did not discover Australia as far as Europeans go, the Dutch did, they landed on the west coast. Dirk Hartog placed a puta plaque on a timber post in 1616 but there was never any follow up to settlement.

Moving on, the convicts were basically used as free labour to establish British colonies....it is perhaps why we have a peculiar attitude that other countries find difficult to understand when it comes to humour, considering it was only in the late 1700's, 1787 when the first penal colony started in Sydney. So Europeans have only been here just on 230 years. Australia has a dark past as well when it comes to using slave labour, near on slave labour. In the latter part of the 1800's we, by this I am saying they back then used Polynesian Pacific Islanders on the sugar cane farms in Queensland, known then as 'Kanakas'. A very derogatory word, part of a shameful history in the creation of the sugar industry here. I remember being taught this in Primary school, how these young men and their families were by various means forced into near slave condition contracts. We owe them so much for the wealth and beginnings of the first industries to this country.

We had in this nation a White Australia Policy. A disgusting piece of legislation that lasted into the early 50's and 60's.

During the Early years of settlement, the Indigenous population suffered horribly at the hands of early settlers. There were many massacres, and deaths by disease from European settlers which they were not immune.

I will have to leave Australian history here, as 230 years is difficult to condense. The word Orient, Oriental. As I mentioned earlier Dirk Hartog. The Europeans ran trade routes through Indonesia, Malaysia. Know by different names back then. The Orient became known as the Orient because it was the Gateway to Asia, for all the goods, silks, spices etc to be shipped to Europe. Dutch East India. Way before Australia became a European settlement. if you came from this Gateway region to Asia and the world you became Oriental. "From the East". Same meaning as Asia, they are all European words.

During the early years of European settlement in Australia, Chinese, Malayans, Philippine, Thai...Southeast Asians.. peoples travelled freely between Australia and their homelands due to their close proximity. Many country towns in Australia celebrate Chinese Luna New Year because of our neighbours countries involvement in our early settlement. http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/02/12/australian-country-town-honours-its-chinese-heritage

Yes, I may criticise China in my posts these days, but the government there these days has an expansionist policy and attitude which is endangering our neighbours and world peace.

Will leave it here for the moment, please do not be to harsh or critical of my post, I am not one for long winded ones. :) Thanks.

We were always taught the Orient was the gateway to Asia, it was never meant as a derogatory term here. It was a special term, not a derogatory one. I have read some on US history of Asian settlers, they were not treated very well in your colonial times. In some instances, not here either, plus, they were a long way from home.

We have many brainless morons here as well who use derogatory terms for many races, just like in every country of the world. There is not a country on this planet that does not harbour cockheads, male and female.

Yet, no-one possess a super power to change their thoughts. Yet, there are those who inadvertently stray into unknown territory that can take on board a bit of education and learn from others..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AlteredEgo

A word which has taken on a meaning for people of hate these days is Muslim. It's a very sorry state of affairs, and one which is going to be very difficult for the world to resolve.

Especially when a leader of a powerful country uses it as defence in protecting his dumb arse and make America great again policies..

On a side note....it's pretty funny to think I was born only 170 and a bit years after European refugees settled here. How many in the US can say they are still alive being born 170 years after first white refugees landed there? :)

No fibbers now :)

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
On a side note....it's pretty funny to think I was born only 170 and a bit years after European refugees settled here. How many in the US can say they are still alive being born 170 years after first white refugees landed there? :)

No fibbers now :)

I don't understand what you mean, especially with respect to refugees.

The first white explorers in North America were the vikings who landed around 1000 AD, but didn't stick around.

There were more visits in the 1500's, though mainly in Canada and Latin America.

The first white refugees settled in what would become the USA in the early 1600's, fleeing religious persecution in Europe.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you saying that Asian people from Australia don't give a shit about being called oriental because it is understood to not be derogatory?

It's one of those words that's not deliberately offensive, but time and education produce better words.

For example, Indian isn't deliberately offensive. It was a term coined at a time when some idiot thought that The Americas were India. They weren't trying to slander the locals, but it was effectively wrong (because this ain't India). Native American was a more accurate term, and in time became the preferred one.

Even people here in the US who use the term oriental aren't trying to be offensive. But it's an outdated term. Vibrationzz described it perfectly, but that description points out why it's a problematic term (people from Asia aren't inherently mystical and magical). They're not foreign. If you're born in the US, you're a US citizen, there's nothing foreign about you. Your ancestors may have hailed from another continent, but so do a white person's ancestors. So do a black person's ancestors.

It's okay when describing objects. An oriental vase implies a vase that came from outside the US and that's fine. But you were born here, dude :p