Do women/men feel pressure by the media?

Solvejg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No you don't.

That's not meant at all to be snarky or insulting. Barbie's just an alien.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45543000/gif/_45543032_barbie_comparison466.gif

Actually by that, my waist and hips are barbie sized. I have a 26 inch waist and 30 inch hips and i am 6'3"Put me in a corset and my waist gets right down to 24inches.

Why is that alien?

My daughters predicted height is 6'5" and if she is anything like me she will weigh around 65kilo's pre children. Why is that wrong?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually by that, my waist and hips are barbie sized. I have a 26 inch waist and 30 inch hips and i am 6'3"Put me in a corset and my waist gets right down to 24inches.

Why is that alien?

My daughters predicted height is 6'5" and if she is anything like me she will weigh around 65kilo's pre children. Why is that wrong?

According to this article, your waist would have to be less than eighteen inches and your chest mOre than thirty six inches.

Proof that Barbie’s dimensions are out of whack | The Mommy Files | an SFGate.com blog

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Why is that alien?

Your math is bad. To hit Barbie's waist to hip ratio (70%), you'd need a 21 inch waist to go with your 30 inch hips. Even with a corset (wtf are we talking about corsets now?) you're off by 3 inches.

So no, you're not Barbie sized. You may be closer to Barbie's measurements then a lot of other women, but you're not in the same proportion as that doll.

B_Craiggers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Your math is bad. To hit Barbie's waist to hip ratio (70%), you'd need a 21 inch waist to go with your 30 inch hips. Even with a corset (wtf are we talking about corsets now?) you're off by 3 inches.

So no, you're not Barbie sized. You may be closer to Barbie's measurements then a lot of other women, but you're not in the same proportion as that doll.

Also, those measurements may be from one of the newer bodies (they increased her waist size in the late 90's based on a lot of complaints). 70% waist-hip ratio is pretty hourglass, but it's not alien.

Here's what I could find about the measurements of barbie before that change (54% waist hips ratio):

A standard Barbie doll is 11.5 inches tall, giving a height of 5 feet 9 inches at 1/6 scale. Barbie's vital statistics have been estimated at 36 inches (chest), 18 inches (waist) and 33 inches (hips). At 5'9" tall and weighing 110 lbs, Barbie would have a BMI of 16.24 and fit the weight criteria for anorexia. According to research by the University Central Hospital in Helsinki, Finland, she would lack the 17 to 22 percent body fat required for a woman to menstruate

Edit: Yeah, here we go: http://www.picshag.com/show.php?f=pics/012011/barbie-in-the-1990s-vs-barbie-in-the-2000s-big.jpg The one on the left is the Barbie figure that anyone who's old enough to post on this forum would've grown up with (same measurements as the one from Petite's link). The one on the right are the ones being sold now.

Last edited:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Why is that alien?

why are you lying about your measurements?

i'm an artist, so i am pretty damn good with proportion.. given your reported height, using the photo you posted, there is no way your waist/hips are 26"/30"

maybe being Barbiesque is a thing for you.
but even if ya numbers were correct, ya still wouldn't fit the Barbie mold.

weight... i'm 5'11" weigh close to 145lbs.. ya would be skin and bones.

Last edited: