Do women need confidence?

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Of course they need confidence. Everybody needs confidence in all aspects of their lives. I dont know why youre making this question specific to women.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course they need confidence. Everybody needs confidence in all aspects of their lives. I dont know why youre making this question specific to women.
Because there have been many threads about men and confidence, how women want and are attracted to confident men. I wonder if it works the other way. If a woman isn't confident, will men not be attracted to her? Or does being uncertain or unsure of herself make men like her more, like she is an easy target? And what does it even mean for a woman to be confident when dating?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jovial dear, You really must run these ridiculous questions by me in IM before posting. :rolleyes:
...or is it not a factor when attracting and dating men?
Yes, confidence is a characteristic that women must have in order to attract men of quality and substance.

Because there have been many threads about men and confidence, how women want and are attracted to confident men. I wonder if it works the other way.
If a woman isn't confident, will men not be attracted to her?
That is correct. Good men will not be attracted to her; but the abusive users will be.
Or does being uncertain or unsure of herself make men like her more, like she is an easy target?
That is a strong possibility. Actually it sounds like the blueprint for every abusive relationship I have ever heard of, or seen. The bully always seeks out the weakest link. I would say that any man who does not want a confident woman is not a good man.
And what does it even mean for a woman to be confident when dating?
Oh dear Lord! It's 5:33 AM I don't think I can even answer that properly. I think confidence is the same in any arena. It is being self assured but not arrogant or cocky.

Zayne

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think confidence is over-rated. Of course, it is the natural goal for people who identify with an individualistic mindset: I can do anything! But our lives are interconnected with family, friends, and even strangers. Confidence is about one. Consideration and humililty are qualities that make a person attractive, IMO.