Do Women really want sex more than men?

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
I've never liked these types of figures. I think they may be based around studies of hormone levels that may or may not have that much to do with real sexual behavior.

I am 28 and MUCH more sexually charged than I was at 18. I thought sex was a bore back then. Libido cuts across gender. I think the idea that men want sex more is related to cultural notions of masculinity. Or perhaps we just need to control for the menstrual cycle. If a women is less available 12-13 weeks a year it's going to leave a bias in the minds of men, especially those who were never taught / never wanted to know / completely ignore menstruation.

The only question I might have is to what extent gender roles, as well as childhood sexual abuse, can create varying degrees of sexual behavior throughout the lifecourse.

Jeez, sorry to take the fun out of this thread. My curious mind...

I do think prior exposure in a different culture plays a role in it.

I remember reading about a tribe in a 3rd world country, where sexuality is part of their society and learning to masturbate is a group activity and young girls are taught how to engorge their clitoris. Clearly it's a different culture.

Yet if we are predisposed to sexual abuse for the gratification of someone older it has an effect on us as adults.

something else to consider, in clinical therapy sessions, lesbian couples that are in long term monogmaous relationship, just stop having sex.

Then there is the change in life that women go through and often they just stop having sex.

So I think all of that plays in to it.

---
that being said, normlly I want it more than my boyfriend. Only 1 wanted it more than I did and later I learned that he had a sexual addiction to explain doing it 4-5 times a day as the norm.

LACJohn

Experimental Member
Media
oh yes we do want sex just as much as men! except the way we crave sex it is different. we want it with someone we're comfortable with and can trust, someone we can communicate with and can fulfill our needs and desires. the best way to explain why women can be "so damn picky" is because we have boundaries, honey. we're not going to spread our legs for just anyone... although, random sex can be just as hot too, but that is another discussion.

Now hold it right there. You're backing up NineInch's point. All of those factors that you look for in "the way you crave sex" just makes it more obvious that you don't want sex as much as men do. Alot of men will have sex with any average looking chick that is willing to give it up.

You won't spread your legs for just any guy, but any guy is willing to stick it in any woman. I know that comment doesn't make sense, but I'll explain it all in this post.

Those "boundaries" are exactly why women don't want sex as much as men.

Don't get us wrong, girls DO want sex. Its a common misconception that they dont. But stacy, you have to realize that just because YOU, OTHER GIRLS ON LPSG, and maybe YOUR FRIENDS think that girls want sex more, you can't speak up for the WHOLE FEMALE POPULATION.

Also just because you can "outfuck" a guy doesn't make you wanting sex more. Its an unspoken responsibility of a guy to provide the GIRL and HIMSELF with pleasure, while the girl just enjoys the ride. Which role is more tiring?

Think of it physically too. The guy is the one doing the penetrating...which takes more energy, penetrating or being penetrated? You really have to THINK before you jump to such conclusions. Plus, most (not all) positions tire out the male more than the woman.

And another point, when a guys balls are drained, he obviously needs time to replenish his load....while girls can just keep taking dick all day.

I've been to parties where girls get engaged in "fuck trains" where a very attractive girl goes into a room, and one guy enters at a time, fucking her until he cums then he leaves the room for the next guy to go in.

While the girls on LPSG are most definitely different than most women, realize that the average girl will just lie back and expect you to pleasure her.

Honestly I could sit on a rollercoaster all day long, but I can't run all day long, ya dig?

oh believe me there are plenty of women like us out there. we're just really, really, really good at being discreet about it :wink:

But that doesn't back up your point at all. We all know that girls don't kiss and tell, because they CANT kiss and tell, lest they look like sluts.

But THIS is the key factor to this WHOLE discussion:

A relatively large amount of women are being fucked by a relatively small amount of men.

If you polled the male population on how many were having constant sex, and you polled the female population with the same thing, the female population will always be having more constant sex.

Does this mean that women want sex more than guys? Hell no! Its like saying, "I can't drive my car today because my bike is broken." Two completely different things that you guys are putting together, and drawing the conclusion that girls want it more than guys.

Think biologically too. A male role is to spread his seed in as many females as possible. A females role is to bear children, and nurture them until they are estrous again. Which sex obviously wants it more?

This is said in almost every forum that has to deal with relationships. Lets just say there are more guys out there forced to masturbate than there are women.

Women can just open their legs up and have a guy be there to fill it. If you can't, then something's wrong with you.

And on the being "picky" thing:

If you REALLY wanted sex, wouldn't you ignore all "factors of choice" and, as the Nike slogan says: Just Do It ?

You want sex, of course, but you don't want sex as much as you think.

LACJohn

Experimental Member
Media
Because you guys might not check out the article NineInch posted, heres something I pulled from it:

Sexual selection theory
David Busse wrote a book and looked at human mate choice within a sexual selection framework. Remember that males are limited by access to females while females are limited by access to resources so males tend to be indiscriminate and females tend to be choosy. This guy looked at mate choice in humans and found there's a fair amount of choosiness in both species. Based on sexual selection theory, you'd expect males to be more interested in things that reflect a woman's ability to bear children, while women should be interested in the things which show that the male is able and willing to invest in the kids- so men looking for mates should pay a lot of attention to things that could indicate health, youth, fecundity etc, while women would be expected to look at status and wealth which indicate the male's ability to invest in offspring.
Another study has possible parallels which might have already occurred to us, but we might be interested to see results.

The question is, do males and females behave in the way you'd expect from sexual selection theory. Some researchers went to Florida State University and choose nine "reasonably attractive" undergrad helpers.They approached random members of opposite sex and said the following.

"I've been noticing you around campus and I find you very attractive. Will you..."

% Affirmative Answers
Question Males, Females
"...go out tonight?" 50, 56
"...come over to my apartment?" 69, 6
"...go to bed with me?" 75, 0

I know the graph isn't all that great on here but the number on the right is for females.

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Now hold it right there. You're backing up NineInch's point. All of those factors that you look for in "the way you crave sex" just makes it more obvious that you don't want sex as much as men do. Alot of men will have sex with any average looking chick that is willing to give it up.

You won't spread your legs for just any guy, but any guy is willing to stick it in any woman. I know that comment doesn't make sense, but I'll explain it all in this post.

Those "boundaries" are exactly why women don't want sex as much as men.

Don't get us wrong, girls DO want sex. Its a common misconception that they dont. But stacy, you have to realize that just because YOU, OTHER GIRLS ON LPSG, and maybe YOUR FRIENDS think that girls want sex more, you can't speak up for the WHOLE FEMALE POPULATION.

Also just because you can "outfuck" a guy doesn't make you wanting sex more. Its an unspoken responsibility of a guy to provide the GIRL and HIMSELF with pleasure, while the girl just enjoys the ride. Which role is more tiring?

Think of it physically too. The guy is the one doing the penetrating...which takes more energy, penetrating or being penetrated? You really have to THINK before you jump to such conclusions. Plus, most (not all) positions tire out the male more than the woman.

And another point, when a guys balls are drained, he obviously needs time to replenish his load....while girls can just keep taking dick all day.

I've been to parties where girls get engaged in "fuck trains" where a very attractive girl goes into a room, and one guy enters at a time, fucking her until he cums then he leaves the room for the next guy to go in.

While the girls on LPSG are most definitely different than most women, realize that the average girl will just lie back and expect you to pleasure her.

Honestly I could sit on a rollercoaster all day long, but I can't run all day long, ya dig?

But that doesn't back up your point at all. We all know that girls don't kiss and tell, because they CANT kiss and tell, lest they look like sluts.

But THIS is the key factor to this WHOLE discussion:

A relatively large amount of women are being fucked by a relatively small amount of men.

If you polled the male population on how many were having constant sex, and you polled the female population with the same thing, the female population will always be having more constant sex.

Does this mean that women want sex more than guys? Hell no! Its like saying, "I can't drive my car today because my bike is broken." Two completely different things that you guys are putting together, and drawing the conclusion that girls want it more than guys.

Think biologically too. A male role is to spread his seed in as many females as possible. A females role is to bear children, and nurture them until they are estrous again. Which sex obviously wants it more?

This is said in almost every forum that has to deal with relationships. Lets just say there are more guys out there forced to masturbate than there are women.

Women can just open their legs up and have a guy be there to fill it. If you can't, then something's wrong with you.

And on the being "picky" thing:

If you REALLY wanted sex, wouldn't you ignore all "factors of choice" and, as the Nike slogan says: Just Do It ?

You want sex, of course, but you don't want sex as much as you think.
Man great post . I agree with you 100% percent . I'm one of the millions of guys that are forced to masturbate and don't get laid very often . Woman can get sex way easier than man .

Born2Lose

Just Browsing
Media
I want sex way more than my boyfriend, I don't think I have ever turned down sex (with anyone I was with) in my entire life. He says he is always exhausted and I am lucky to have sex once a week, and it's usually for a very short period of time. So, after 4.5 years of that, I started having an "affair", which has really spruced up my love life. I don't think anyone I have ever been with wants sex as much as I do...except maybe my extra curricular guy who I only see about 1-2 times a week.