Do women respect well endowed men more?

Do women respect well endowed men more?

• Total voters

Tee&A

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Boobs and penis size are direct corollaries on this site. Everything that can be extrapolated about social perceptions tied to one can be equally said about the other.

Really? Because between 4th grade and the end of 5th grade, I jumped from a training bra to a C-cup. I was a D by middle school and walked into my first year of undergrad as a DD. Now ask me how much "respect" I get from men (and women) because of my breast size. I'll take the liberty of answering in advance: I don't. "Respect" my chocolate-colored ass.
I get assumptions that I am an easy lay, a slut, a cumdumpster (when for the record, I am none of those things). So by your reasoning about equal comparisons of the corollary between peen size and breast size, big-dicked men don't get "no" respect either, eh?

And for the record: I'm not big on assumptions, either :smile:.

Mithra

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am a member of the Real Women Group and verified as female! :smile:

To make a long story short: I fell head over heals with a man whose cock was too big for me and I was seeking solutions. And I'm an outlier, too. I'm not exactly a traditional woman. :tongue:

I don't claim that there aren't size queens, and I don't think there's anything wrong with being one or seeking sexual satisfaction from men with large penises, but most women really aren't size queens and aren't obsessed with penis size. Women are pretty darned obsessed with sex, but women tend to focus on novel sexual experiences rather than on male genitalia. (I didn't make that up, I just read that a few weeks ago in a psychology magazine. It's backed by evidence.)

Thanks for the backstory. I find you downright interesting! I'm inclined to agree with you also, and I would love a reference to the magazine article you read.

I'm here as a modestly proportioned straight man who has always been... I won't say "obsessed," but highly interested in penis size and also highly interested in the basis for this interest (if that makes sense). I do agree that penis size is a basis for competition among human males, and it therefore makes us more concerned about the issue in general, in the same way that breast size is a source of competition among women (sorry to make the tired old penis-size/breast-size comparison, but there it is.)

Empathizer

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I get assumptions all the time, being a white, middleclass Jew with A-cups that I'm a prude, desperate, only like sex because I can hook a rich man like that, frigid, that my breasts "don't count" because they can't hold the infamous pencil up (and that it's okay to feel them on the subway, etc., if the guy makes a half-assed attempt to pass it off as accidental), that I must be defective because only superskinny girls have little breasts (and I am not superskinny), and, finally, the lingerie industry won't even hear that I don't want to pad them (I have it on authority from a guy on LPSG who designs bassieres and other undergarments for a living), so most of the bra manufacturers don't even make those pretty bras the rest of you (from B cup on) get to wear in unpadded form. I get that there are problems with big breasts, but don't kid yourself that the other end of the scale gets so much respect. If I am trying to get a guy to notice me, I have absolutely no chance if a girl who's pretty much the same as I am on the surface, but has a nice rack, walks in the door. I have to accept that I am most guys' second choice. Nobody looks at the average A-cup girl and thinks, "Arm Candy," and if she wears padding, well, when they get down to sex, he is likely to feel cheated and tell her so.

Mithra

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The conjecture about natural selection is stupid- only 1% of cocks are 8" or more- that says that cocks that size are NOT being selected by the majority of women. In fact it appears that the average 6" cock has won the Darwinian challenge by a landslide! Chew on that!

The fact that 1% of penises are significantly larger than what is currently the average human size does not contradict the fact that humans have, by far the largest penises of any primate. It is clear that natural selection has played a role in humans having large penises. In other words, 500 years from now, your post might read:

"The conjecture about natural selection is stupid- only 1% of cocks are 10" or more- that says that cocks that size are NOT being selected by the majority of women. In fact it appears that the average 8" cock has won the Darwinian challenge by a landslide! Chew on that!"

aglets

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The fact that 1% of penises are significantly larger than what is currently the average human size does not contradict the fact that humans have, by far the largest penises of any primate. It is clear that natural selection has played a role in humans having large penises. In other words, 500 years from now, your post might read:

"The conjecture about natural selection is stupid- only 1% of cocks are 10" or more- that says that cocks that size are NOT being selected by the majority of women. In fact it appears that the average 8" cock has won the Darwinian challenge by a landslide! Chew on that!"

Sooo lame. We've already had 10000 years, most of it without clothes, to select, and giant cocks didn't make it.

aglets

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I would throw out that our larger penis size than other primates may be due to larger vaginas that are needed to pass huge human heads, that unlike about all other mammals come out with unfixed skulls and keep growing after birth to accomodate our huge brains. That is part of why we rear our young for 20 years (instead of one summer as most of the animal kingdom), and the biggest part of why we rule the planet. How big was big enough? Turns out 5.5-7.5".

Last edited:

aglets

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I get assumptions all the time, being a white, middleclass Jew with A-cups that I'm a prude, desperate, only like sex because I can hook a rich man like that, frigid, that my breasts "don't count" because they can't hold the infamous pencil up (and that it's okay to feel them on the subway, etc., if the guy makes a half-assed attempt to pass it off as accidental), that I must be defective because only superskinny girls have little breasts (and I am not superskinny), and, finally, the lingerie industry won't even hear that I don't want to pad them (I have it on authority from a guy on LPSG who designs bassieres and other undergarments for a living), so most of the bra manufacturers don't even make those pretty bras the rest of you (from B cup on) get to wear in unpadded form. I get that there are problems with big breasts, but don't kid yourself that the other end of the scale gets so much respect. If I am trying to get a guy to notice me, I have absolutely no chance if a girl who's pretty much the same as I am on the surface, but has a nice rack, walks in the door. I have to accept that I am most guys' second choice. Nobody looks at the average A-cup girl and thinks, "Arm Candy," and if she wears padding, well, when they get down to sex, he is likely to feel cheated and tell her so.

Well, even coming from a big breast lover like me, the sexiest thing is not the boobs but your mindset. An open, playful, sexy personality counts for more than any other single thing.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You have to emtpy your PM-inbox if you want me to answer your PM.

OnT: I think it would be interesting if there would be a thread called "does women have less respect toward small dicked guys".

As a guy, I can't see a small dicked guy as powerful. Sure, he may have my respect but I could never "look up" to him.

I have not PM-ed you and I do not know who you are. You must have me confused for someone else.

badgirl22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To me this is a ridiculous question. I respect people who earn it regardless of penis size. In fact, I haven't a clue how large or small the cocks are of many of the men I have a high degree of respect for. My current BF is average but I have the upmost respect for him - as do many, many people. I've respected men with large penises but it had to do with many other things and penis size didn't even come into consideration.

badgirl22

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmmmm...I too have small breasts but my experiences are very different than yours. I'm never the most attractive women in a room and yet for some reason I get a lot of attention. I might not be the first woman they want to immediately fuck but they certainly want to spend time talking with me - and after they do often times they end up wanting to fuck me too. I think men aren't so shallow as to make rash decisions about women who have small breasts. Nobody would look at me and think prude because I'm small breasted - or think I'm desperate, or defective...

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Boobs and penis size are direct corollaries on this site. Everything that can be extrapolated about social perceptions tied to one can be equally said about the other.

Uttershiteinabucket! And easy to disprove; large boobs are nearly always obvious, large cock is nearly always not.

This thread is becoming a dumping ground for stupid assertions.

Just this thread? :rolleyes:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Aglets, I think you originally misinterpreted what Mithra meant by "largest penis". I think he meant that the average penis size in the human male is comparably much larger than the average penis size of any other primate, which is interesting from an evolutionary standpoint.

I would throw out that our larger penis size than other primates may be due to larger vaginas that are needed to pass huge human heads, that unlike about all other mammals come out with unfixed skulls and keep growing after birth to accomodate our huge brains. That is part of why we rear our young for 20 years (instead of one summer as most of the animal kingdom), and the biggest part of why we rule the planet. How big was big enough? Turns out 5.5-7.5".

I could see this as being possible when it comes to penis girth, but not length, and even then, I'm not convinced that it's a good explanation.

I believe you are correct that the circumference of the infant's skull continued increasing because babies with larger brains were probably more intelligent after they matured and out-competed adults who were infants with smaller heads, by natural selection, thus they had more opportunities to reproduce and the only thing that inhibited that feedback loop and prevented baby's heads from simply growing larger and larger with every generation were the limitations of the female's ability to bear a large skulled child. Even now, 4% of women suffer from cephalopelvic disproportion, which means that the baby's skull is too large to pass through her pelvic opening. Before modern cesarians, those women simply died during childbirth. Eighty percent of first time mothers suffer from perineal tears during childbirth, unless they are given an episiotomy, which is simply the cutting of the perineum to prevent a difficult-to-repair perineal tear. Perineal tears occur when the child's head does fit through the cervical opening and the pelvic opening, but it does not fit through the vagina, causing it to rip open during delivery. Before modern medicine, women who suffered from 3rd and 4rth degree tears probably died from blood loss soon after childbirth and most certainly from infection later on, but any perineal tear would have put the birth mother at risk for death from infection. Many mothers died before modern medicine, because of the incredible size of the human newborn's head.

So I would think that natural selection would increase the survival of mothers who have wider vaginas, vaginas that are not as tight, so that they don't tear during childbirth. However, that didn't happen, did it? The majority of women tear during childbirth, putting their lives at grave risk. Why is that? Is it because once the child is born, she has passed on her genes, so that if she dies from an infection after the baby is born that it has no effect on natural selection? This might be true, and if it's true, then childbirth would also have no affect on the evolution of penises either, since those "selections" were made prior to childbirth, when it mattered. If orphaned babies were always adopted by living mothers who nursed and raised those babies as their own, thus giving the larger-brained-mommy-killing babies an advantage over the smaller-brained-non-mommy killing babies, by natural selection. Of course, we don't know what happened to orphaned babies.

Thinking along another line of reasoning, a shorter wider vagina would probably tear less than a longer skinny vagina. The deeper inside a woman's vagina that the perineal tear extends, the greater the complications, and the greater the likelihood of death from infection or bleeding to death.So if childbirth had a strong influence upon the evolution of large penises and the vaginas that they fit into, then it seems like the circumference of the male's penis should be closer in size to the size of an infant's head, as well as the female's vagina.

In fact, what I wrote above is partially true. The woman's cervix (the opening to her uterus) isn't at the end of the vagina. In most women, it's located 3-5" inside her vagina and longer penis pass by the opening and thrust into the Pouch of Douglas, also known as the cul-de-sac. (In fact, my own cervix is only 2.75" inside, but we're all just a little different.) Since the Pouch of Douglas isn't necessary for fertilization, being deeper inside the woman than her actual cervix, it would seem that it only exists to accommodate penises that are longer than she needs for fertilization. By having a cervix that is closer to her vaginal opening, she's more likely to become pregnant regardless of the length of the man's penis, and during childbirth there is less vagina to tear as the child passes down the vaginal canal.

So there are all my thoughts on the influence of childbirth on the evolution of human genitals. I have to say that after writing out my thoughts, I strongly suspect that all selective forces regarding the mother's vagina and the father's penis probably ended once the child exited the mother's body, and that I believe that means that the sexual selection forces that I wrote about before were probably more influential in selecting for the evolution of women's body characteristics (big breasts at puberty as an indicator of sexual maturity instead of only before she begins nursing, her small frame and relative physical weakness, and the small waist) and social selection forces were probably more influential in selecting for the man's penis size. After all, once we were already at the top of the food chain, natural selection usually begins to give way to other evolutionary forces.

(Just to clarify: I realize that sexual and social selection are types of natural selection, but when I wrote "natural selection" above, I am referring to the "survival of the fittest" model and direct competition type of selection, contrasted against social and sexual selection.)

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the backstory. I find you downright interesting! I'm inclined to agree with you also, and I would love a reference to the magazine article you read.

I'm here as a modestly proportioned straight man who has always been... I won't say "obsessed," but highly interested in penis size and also highly interested in the basis for this interest (if that makes sense). I do agree that penis size is a basis for competition among human males, and it therefore makes us more concerned about the issue in general, in the same way that breast size is a source of competition among women (sorry to make the tired old penis-size/breast-size comparison, but there it is.)

Oh, why thank you!

I read it in Psychology Today and that evidence was provided as a supporting argument about another subject entirely. I believe it was one of the articles in the "female infidelity" series. (Don't read anything into that last comment.)

Men still compete regarding penis size here on LPSG, which is an activity that women certainly don't engage in. I don't believe that breast size is exactly comparable, although women do compete with one another regarding beauty. There are no breast or vagina websites where women take photos and measurements and compare them against the photos and measurements of other women, so that they know where they stand in the rankings based upon those measurements, and many women feel that their breasts would be more beautiful if they were smaller or shaped differently. - probably because sometimes smaller perkier breasts indicate more youth and fertility since many women's breasts grow long and pendulous as they age, even though they are much larger, makings "measurements" useless for competition purposes. (Also, what would be the evidence of evolutionary behavior there? It's not as if women chose the prettiest one to mate then or now, so while women compete with one another, they compete in order to interact with men and gain men's attention, not the attention of other women. Women don't respect other women for having larger breasts, not the way that men respect other men for having larger penises. We have no pressures to demonstrate to other women that our breasts are better, we "win" that game by mating with the most preferred males, right? Whereas men win the social game by proving one's alpha-ness by impressing other men. It's different.) Women are motivated to engage in sightly different competitive behavior... behavior that isn't related to the topic of whether women respect men with large penises more. :smile:

Yes, you have. It's an old PM since I'm not that active here but anyway don't bother if you don't care.

Sorry, I do keep erasing things from my mailbox and it keeps filling up again and maybe that's why I have no evidence of any PMs. I can find no PM from me or to you and I don't recognize your name, so it must have already gone into the trashcan. I have no idea what it was about.

Last edited:

basincreek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Actually I, personally, prefer smaller breasts. To me they look more natural. Big breasts just seem cartoonish and goofy to me. This is how I've always felt.

Mithra

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Men still compete regarding penis size here on LPSG, which is an activity that women certainly don't engage in. I don't believe that breast size is exactly comparable, although women do compete with one another regarding beauty.

Thank you for attempting to help that Artyg fellow understand that points I am making. Personally I am done with direct correspondence with him, as it seems his inability to comprehend what I write willful and intentionally argumentative.

I agree that how women respond to the fact that are different breast sizes isn't exactly comparably to we men and our different penses sizes. For one thing, penises size is hidden from the general population through clothing, while breast size is not.

But there are some comparisons to make. For one thing, along with evolving large penises, humans have also evolved very large breasts as a secondary sexual characteristic. Breast size is also comparable in being a source of concern and insecurity for some women and a source of pride for others. While women don't necessarily "respect" other women whom they perceive as having more attractive breasts than their own, it is safe to say they might tend to admire and/or envy the body parts on those women -- in much the same way that men do other men with larger penises than their own.

Artyg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you for attempting to help that Artyg fellow understand that points I am making. Personally I am done with direct correspondence with him, as it seems his inability to comprehend what I write willful and intentionally argumentative.

I agree that how women respond to the fact that are different breast sizes isn't exactly comparably to we men and our different penses sizes. For one thing, penises size is hidden from the general population through clothing, while breast size is not.

But there are some comparisons to make. For one thing, along with evolving large penises, humans have also evolved very large breasts as a secondary sexual characteristic. Breast size is also comparable in being a source of concern and insecurity for some women and a source of pride for others. While women don't necessarily "respect" other women whom they perceive as having more attractive breasts than their own, it is safe to say they might tend to admire and/or envy the body parts on those women -- in much the same way that men do other men with larger penises than their own.

Wait, why do you mention my name in the same sentence as tits in a thread that covers respect and dicks?

I think that you are mistaking me for somebody else..

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wait, why do you mention my name in the same sentence as tits in a thread that covers respect and dicks?

He meant Aglets. I made the same mistake earlier but caught it before I posted.

Mithra

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Yes. I mistook you for someone else. My apologies.