Do you attract what you project?

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have heard more than once, they deserve each other or they were made for each other.
Either way it seems like people attract what they project.

Happy or miserable, do you think we get what we project in ourselves, and if so is that a reflection of where we're at? (spiritual or spiritual bankruptcy)
chris

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
that is a question I would loveeeeee to hear you answer Lafever !!!! do you attract what you project...?

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I read that in THE SECRET. That is a great book to read.
I'll have to check that out, thanks.

Very true. Also Watch the movie "What the bleep do we know" there is more info about how things work and the Law of attraction.
Hmmm......, definatly have to watch it, thanks.

that is a question I would loveeeeee to hear you answer Lafever !!!! do you attract what you project...?
Here is some food for thought.
We as humans can act alot like animals, while some can sense that you're injured and feel the need to lick your wounds others can look at it as an opportunity to strike and go for the kill.
The truth of the matter is that some people cannot not voice an opinion or get involved, therefore it seems as though there is a bond of some type or magnitism some can't resist, like a worm on a hook or some type of live bait, like a wounded animal,(one that is injured.)Kinda like blood in water to a shark.
People can act alot like animals, some are dosel and meek while others go in for the kill.
While some get along in large dosile groups others lurk in the high grass waiting for an oportunity to strike, or like the shark continuously searching for a hint of blood.
It always amazes me how people can act like a housecat and a pointed laser pen.
Some of my favorite replies from people who cannot resist are, " " I wasn't going to say anything but" ,or "I can't let this go unchallenged," and the ever most popular, " i was going to stay out of this one but you leave me no choice."
Obviously, i'm just scratching the surface but you get the idea, we attract what we project, and some are quicker to react than others which shows how animalistic us humans really are, we'll throw away our intelligence for a quick snack.
chris

B_Bette

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's more like this. You will attract those who possess the qualities which you banish within yourself, thereby forcing you to face your Shadow.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's more like this. You will attract those who possess the qualities which you banish within yourself, thereby forcing you to face your Shadow.
Yes, you are correct, and obviously very wise. We tend to end up with ourselves, thus forced to look at ourselves through that other person, but it is not always in a negative way, sometimes we find the beauty in ourselves too.
Also, while we attract those who want to love us and protect us because they connect or feel a bond, we also attract those who want to harm us.
This subject is very philosophical which is why i wanted some outside opinions and/or theories on said topic.
The human mind is a maze of interest.
chris

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very much so. This is true. We get back what we put in.

This is not always the case though. Let me explain, lets say theres a soup line and you're the one pouring out the soup. While many are gratefull for your efforts, theres always someone in line who says, " Not this crap again, this food sucks."
Food for thought.
chris

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is not always the case though. Let me explain, lets say theres a soup line and you're the one pouring out the soup. While many are gratefull for your efforts, theres always someone in line who says, " Not this crap again, this food sucks."
Food for thought.
chris
There are some who see the trees for the wood. That is true. I however know the love you make is equal to the love you take.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are some who see the trees for the wood. That is true. I however know the love you make is equal to the love you take.

I really like what you said, very thought provoking, did you come up with that, or are you just passing it along?
chris

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the love you make is equal to the love you take.[/quote]

It's a quote from the Beatles song "The End". You can find it, ironically enough, at the end of Abbey Road Lafever...and the first thing that came to my mind. Well referenced Uncut :smile:

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the love you make is equal to the love you take.

It's a quote from the Beatles song "The End". You can find it, ironically enough, at the end of Abbey Road Lafever...and the first thing that came to my mind. Well referenced Uncut :smile:[/quote]

It's so simple that i've overlooked it. Could the answer to lifes questions and trials and tribulations be that simple, hidden in songs.

We all live in a yellow submarine.

Row row row your boat life is but a dream.

Hmmmmmmm....... ok, now i'm distrought.

chris

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's a quote from the Beatles song "The End". You can find it, ironically enough, at the end of Abbey Road Lafever...and the first thing that came to my mind. Well referenced Uncut :smile:
Wonderful and amazing album. That line is so true isn't it?[/quote]

Yes, all those years i wasted playing the album backwards when all i had to do was play it and listen, who would've guesed.

I once heard that everything you need to know about life we learn in kindergarden.
play nice with others
take a nap
juice and cookies
recess
etc., ........

Ok, so we've gone off the op, i won't tell if you don't.

chris

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I think there's some truth the law of attraction as well. On most days, I feel like I'm a positive person and other people will respond to it well if you put it out there. On the other hand, if you're feeling sour, I think you've already pre-programmed in your head that things will go sour outside of you, too. It's a matter of perception. If you feel like crap, you tend to notice crappy things because that's what your focus is on within yourself.

I also think that the things that piss you off about other people are the things, deep down, that you hate within yourself. You get vocal about the things going on external to you because you don't have to take accountability for them. I may not like gossipers, but if I do it, I think I'll learn something if I recognize, "Oh shit, I'm doing it, too."