Do you attract what you project?

A

AM_092

No, I don't really get cute, young, happy Asian bottoms coming after me!!

NoH8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not sure what I project. Nobody's attracted to me. I'm polite and mostly act friendly, even when I'm depressed. Girls seem to like me as a friend but men ignore me.

I guess people have a sixth sense for someone who's unhappy but hiding it.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm not sure what I project. Nobody's attracted to me. I'm polite and mostly act friendly, even when I'm depressed. Girls seem to like me as a friend but men ignore me.

I guess people have a sixth sense for someone who's unhappy but hiding it.

Yes, they do. The solution is to do something to make yourself more happy first. Wherever you go, there you are...you will always have yourself along even when you go out to make new friends and acquaintances.

I am glad this thread was revived! I live a lot by the wisdom in songs.

NoH8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes, they do. The solution is to do something to make yourself more happy first. Wherever you go, there you are...you will always have yourself along even when you go out to make new friends and acquaintances.

I am glad this thread was revived! I live a lot by the wisdom in songs.

Thanks Helgaleena, I appreciate your advice. It's hard to pull oneself up by ones own bootstraps though. I travel constantly for work so I don't have meaningful friendships. So I don't know how to make myself happier.

WillyLong

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have heard more than once, they deserve each other or they were made for each other.
Either way it seems like people attract what they project.

Happy or miserable, do you think we get what we project in ourselves, and if so is that a reflection of where we're at? (spiritual or spiritual bankruptcy)
chris

We attract what we think we deserve. If we feel we only deserve to be with a bitch/bastard, then that's what we normally end up with, pushing aside the guy/gal who would treat us like royalty.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks Helgaleena, I appreciate your advice. It's hard to pull oneself up by ones own bootstraps though. I travel constantly for work so I don't have meaningful friendships. So I don't know how to make myself happier.

I like myself; I think I'm grand. When I go to the movies I hold my hand. I put my arm around my waist, and when I'm fresh, I slap my face.
That's a song I learned early, but it took me years to learn its wisdom.

Wrap yourself in a cozy comforter tightly and cocoon, if all else fails. Drift off to sleep like that like an infant. You will feel better when you wake up.