Do you Avoid Fresh Garlic?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think garlic is one of the best spices out there. There are many meals I couldn`t imagine being cooked without it, but I have recently realised people avoid it even though they are going to cook it with their meal for hours!
I personally avoid using it if I`m going out and all, but not using it at all???

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I only avoid it if it's raw and I'm going somewhere that I will be in close quarters with others. Even after brushing raw garlic lingers in the breath. Otherwise, I will indulge and just keep breath mints handy. I can't live without it, I cook with it every single day. Except today...I found that my last bulb of garlic went south while I was making a pot of Pasta Fagioli. I had to substitute with garlic powder, which isn't really a substitute at all. I was not happy.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can't live without it, I cook with it every single day. Except today...I found that my last bulb of garlic went south while I was making a pot of Pasta Fagioli. I had to substitute with garlic powder, which isn't really a substitute at all. I was not happy.
I have made my beet salad today. This is how I do it:
I boil the whole beets, I peel them off and chop them, then I add some EVOO, apple vinegar, salt, pepper, some brown sugar (if needed) and lots of chopped fresh GARLIC! :wink:
Well, I`m snowed in, I ain`t leaving today! :smile:

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I have made my beet salad today. This is how I do it:
I boil the whole beets, I peel them off and chop them, then I add some EVOO, apple vinegar, salt, pepper, some brown sugar (if needed) and lots of chopped fresh GARLIC! :wink:
Well, I`m snowed in, I ain`t leaving today! :smile:

Sounds delicious! I think I'll have to try that!

I'm snowed in as well and it looks like we have more coming. I have been doing a lot of one-pot meals and I've got 3 set up for the next couple of days. Today will be beef short rib stew, tomorrow turkey chili and the day after split pea soup with ham...and all will have a healthy dose of garlic! :biggrin1:

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have made turkey soup, baked turkey wings with potatoes and now the beet salad!
(It`s like we had this convo before:):):))
Oh, I made my own noodles;)
EDIT:
If you put too much vinegar or salt in your beets, relax, add some water, won`t hurt a bit!
It`s actually how they sell canned beet here-water, vinegar, salt.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I love garlic, the more the better.
I just make sure i always have mints with me.
I don`t think mints help a lot if you barf;) But I fancy the fact I`m not the only garlic lover here:)
But I think it`s a damn shame when people say-I LOVE GARLIC BUT I AVOID IT CAUSE IT GIVES YOU BAD BREATH! lol, I mean, NOT brushing your teeth gives you bad breath.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I have made turkey soup, baked turkey wings with potatoes and now the beet salad!
(It`s like we had this convo before:):):))
Oh, I made my own noodles;)
EDIT:
If you put too much vinegar or salt in your beets, relax, add some water, won`t hurt a bit!
It`s actually how they sell canned beet here-water, vinegar, salt.

Yes, this is all sounding quite familiar. :smile:

Good tip for the beets, I think they sell canned beets the same here as well. I'm always looking for different things to cook and this is right up my alley!

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'll avoid fresh garlic if I'm going out. But I looove garlic. Bacon and garlic? Two ingredients that make everything better!

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Love the stuff me, but don't like the "bog breath" resulting from it, but never stops me from eating the stuff.

Yes, it's a member of the Onion famaley, but it's not something I can eat loads of raw, unlike an actual onion, where sometimes I will eat like an apple :biggrin1:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I avoid uncooked garlic, I use roasted garlic in Hummus instead and things like that, but so much of the cuisine I cook requires it, and it is completely delicious and very good for you.

I suppose if I'm going on a date or out for the evening I avoid it completely though. :)

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Love the stuff me, but don't like the "bog breath" resulting from it, but never stops me from eating the stuff.

Yes, it's a member of the Onion famaley, but it's not something I can eat loads of raw, unlike an actual onion, where sometimes I will eat like an apple :biggrin1:
Eating an onion like an apple..:eek: Are you single? :biggrin1:

I love garlic, although I do avoid it at times when I'm working. Unless, of course, I'm in France where it's compulsory to consume at least one bulb per day.

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I LOVE it!!! Everything garlic pleases me to the max...I don't understand or even RESPECT people who don't LOVE it! I'll go as far as flossing and brushing before being out in public, but that's it. I even have a fantasy of filling my mouth with something garlicky and deep kissing somebody!:tongue::tongue: O God, yes YES!!!:tongue::tongue::tongue:

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I LOVE it!!! Everything garlic pleases me to the max...I don't understand or even RESPECT people who don't LOVE it! I'll go as far as flossing and brushing before being out in public, but that's it. I even have a fantasy of filling my mouth with something garlicky and deep kissing somebody!:tongue::tongue: O God, yes YES!!!:tongue::tongue::tongue:
Hahhaa!
Maybe change your name to gclover? :smile: