• Sometimes

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • No, I don't believe in it

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters

D_Rufus_D_Dufus

Account Disabled
Media
Last night my wife and I fell asleep around 11:00pm. At about 2:30am our three dogs were wide awake and staring towards our closet, I went to see what was going on and I found the lights flickering and my wifes bowling ball out of the bag and slowly rolling on the floor.
This isn't the 1st time that something like this has happened either:

*The garage door has opened by itself in the middle of the night
*We've heard footsteps in our bedroom but no one there
*The candles from our chandelier have fallen out

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had some weird stuff happen?

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes I do believe there is something to this.

Several years ago I was downstairs and heard a series of very clear footsteps overhead. I ran back up the stairs and searched the house but found nothing. I was alone in the house, all doors were locked and the garage door was shut. Never did figure out what it was.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
In my other bedroom (which I vacated long ago) I would always wake up with scratches on my back. I sleep nude so no tags. Pull covers back on bed, nothing in the bed that would cause the scratches. Often woke up by the bed being shook. Just when I'm drifting off to sleep it happens again. No, not my own body jerking either. The mattress would be moved on the frame.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I put a kettle of water on the stove once, and a few minutes later it started whistling like a demon all by itself! I think it must have been possessed.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
life is more fun when you believe is spooky-spooky and bump in the night.
the chills and shivers, and grave yard dares. loverly.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'd like to believe but I have to experience it first-hand to believe in it fully. Something about the possibility is just so enticing.

^^This^^

life is more fun when you believe is spooky-spooky and bump in the night.
the chills and shivers, and grave yard dares. loverly.

^^and the reason why^^

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I believe the 99% of what people think of as paranormal activity (such as all the examples above) has an explanation rooted in the physical world, such as we understand it.

That is not to say I do not believe in the paranormal at all - I just don't think footsteps upstairs in the house when no one is there is it. Buildings carry noise, sounds travels and carries in extremely interesting ways, sometimes producing effects that, at first, seem impossible - I've lived in too many places where the footsteps of a human upstairs are barely audible but a mouse runs across a specific spot and suddenly it seems there's a herd of stampeding wildebeest up there.

Things that go bump in the night are just things, going bump... in the night. Ghosts have better things to do.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
In my other bedroom (which I vacated long ago) I would always wake up with scratches on my back. I sleep nude so no tags. Pull covers back on bed, nothing in the bed that would cause the scratches. Often woke up by the bed being shook. Just when I'm drifting off to sleep it happens again. No, not my own body jerking either. The mattress would be moved on the frame.

Incubus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tricky little buggers.

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
I believe the 99% of what people think of as paranormal activity (such as all the examples above) has an explanation rooted in the physical world, such as we understand it.

That is not to say I do not believe in the paranormal at all - I just don't think footsteps upstairs in the house when no one is there is it. Buildings carry noise, sounds travels and carries in extremely interesting ways, sometimes producing effects that, at first, seem impossible - I've lived in too many places where the footsteps of a human upstairs are barely audible but a mouse runs across a specific spot and suddenly it seems there's a herd of stampeding wildebeest up there.

Things that go bump in the night are just things, going bump... in the night. Ghosts have better things to do.

I don't know if these are purely paranormal events but what's interesting about them is they were recorded by public broadcasting crews and pbs is the science channel. So you have to assume pbs is involved in scams.
These are from pbs series which may be available on dvd though they ran

breeze

Experimental Member
Media

got cut off
awhile back.
The first is from a series involving 2 brothers who lived and explored southeast asia for 10 years. They roamed the seven seas and lived in jungles etc. Then somewhere along the line they ran across a man who claimed he could raise his body temperature to the point where if you placed a piece of paper on his midsection it would burn. He then layed on the ground and members of the news crew would place pieces of paper on his stomach area and in seconds/minutes start to burn. Finally the female producter of the show stepped from behind the cameras and approached him putting her hand on his stomach which she instantly removed. If it sounds impossible and is impossible keep in mind every year { if they still do it } the monks of tibet pick what they think will be the coldest night of the year and on top on a mountain sleep outside in the snow all night for all pratical purposes naked. A bbc film clip shows them sleeping side by side in the snow in what is minus 20/30 degree weather ? Is it paranormal or not fully understanding what our minds and bodies can do. We would die doing this i suppose.
Then what seems to be paranormal and again filmed by pbs is a bill moyers pbs special series comparing western and eastern medicine. Again you have to assume that respected pbs and bill moyers are pulling a scam. Bill and his film crew went to a park in what was then called peking to ask residents about eastern medicine. In the park was a short , slight , balding white hair old man doing exercises. He saw the cameras and challenged anyone there to move him from his spot. Men some who were much larger approached him and pushed , leaned against and so forth but couldn't budge him. One tourist who seemed from america climbed on him pushing and whatever he could do to move him and couldn't. This was astonishing to watch. But then about a dozen men formed a line and all pushed together against this tiny old man. In an instance they all violently flewed all over the place while this tiny old remained in his spot. You'ld have to study the tape to judge the reactions and movements as the men flew all over the lot. It doesn't make sense and seems paranormal and caught on tape by esteemed pbs and bill moyers. Its hard to believe as you watch it.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I moved into my new house - I live alone - I often felt a "hand" on my shoulder trying shake me awake. It was as though there was someone else in the house trying to rouse me from my sleep. I just ignored it, and never told anybody about these incidents.

A while later, a relative came to visit, and slept in the guest room. The next day, she complained that she felt someone try to wake her by shaking her on the shoulder. It was exactly the same feeling I had been experiencing.

Feeling this was getting a bit too much, I went to the local shaman and did the prayers and all, and I have never had that experience ever since.

I don't want to think about what it was/might have been.

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I think I know the difference between sounds of creeking pipes and the house settling from the sound of footsteps right over my head.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
*snippage of interesting stuff*

I did not say the human mind was not an amazing, unfathomable thing. Nothing you quote is paranormal. It's mind over matter stuff. I've seen first hand things similar, though not as extreme, as the unshiftable little old man - I even understand a little of how it works. It's all about energy. The burning man I am not acquainted with but presume shamanism of some kind.

I think I know the difference between sounds of creeking pipes and the house settling from the sound of footsteps right over my head.

Yeah, you'd think you would, but the mind is a powerful tool for playing tricks on itself.

There's so much around us that is utterly incomprehensible.
(Calculus, for example... :biggrin:)

Ah, now! There you have me! :biggrin:

smudgey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Being very logically-minded, I need to see proof of something if I am to believe in it. As I have seen no proof whatsoever (NONE) of anything paranormal in the history of scientific study, I'm inclined not to believe.

Those who believe they see or hear things are already predisposed to do so, in my opinion, so their experiences may be skewed.

Not to rag on anyone's beliefs or anything, but it's just the way I see things!

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've had a handful of ghostly happenings occur near me, but don't believe in ghosts.

I don't believe that ghostly happenings are sufficient proof that ghosts exist. But nor do I disbelieve. Ghosts are a possibility, but until someone comes up with proof that is a little more convincing than we have at the moment, I'll remain unconvinced. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy them as a possibility in the meantime.