• No, I don't believe in it

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I cannot explain many of the things I have experienced, but suffice it to say I believe in energy. I believe people can leave energy imprints on the places they live. Either from time spent or traumatic event. I dont know how I feel about the thought of ghosts, or people living past death in energy form... Doing what? But I do believe in the energy we all have, and the conservation of that energy. It goes somewhere... Question is where?

I believe the 99% of what people think of as paranormal activity (such as all the examples above) has an explanation rooted in the physical world, such as we understand it.

That is not to say I do not believe in the paranormal at all - I just don't think footsteps upstairs in the house when no one is there is it. Buildings carry noise, sounds travels and carries in extremely interesting ways, sometimes producing effects that, at first, seem impossible - I've lived in too many places where the footsteps of a human upstairs are barely audible but a mouse runs across a specific spot and suddenly it seems there's a herd of stampeding wildebeest up there.

Things that go bump in the night are just things, going bump... in the night. Ghosts have better things to do.
Excellent post! :eek: :smile:

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ghosts, ALIENS (especially! OMG I will discuss this later in the post), etc are all made up. Like most things.

It's all a matter of perception. For example, someone with a mental disorder would tell you that they hear voices or that the devil told them to do [something]. To you or I that seems like complete bullshit and we "know" (or perceive) that it is not true.

But to the person with the disorder, it is perceived as real and they treat it as such, which may be a cause of the disorder or effect. Me no know.

I'm not saying that all people who see ghosts have some sort of disorder but I am just saying that the mind is a very powerful, very mysterious thing.

Just a quick word on UFO's/aliens:

We are all aware that there was a crash (and therefore debris) at Roswell. UFO "enthusiasts" will tell you that scientists examined the 'craft' material and "it could not be burned, cut...or destroyed."

ORLY?

Then HOW DID IT CRASH OR BREAK APART IN THE FIRST PLACE.

One source (of many) http://uforna.net/undeniable-encounters.php

That's it for now peeps. It is all about perception. I will just say that most people who see ghosts are in vulnerable emotional states, usually grief or depression.

Last edited:

bobbyboyle

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I put it in the same category as belief in gods, fairies, elves and witches (which is) to say at the highest possible degree of unlikelihood and anyone who claims to know is fabricating or delusional.
Or simply mistaken.

It's easy to have your mind play tricks on you. We are predisposed to see patterns in random events. We are predisposed to perceive the presence of something threatening where there is nothing. It's how our distant ancestors avoided getting eaten, bitten by snakes, etc. It pays to be suspicious in those circumstances. It doesn't mean there's always a snake, in fact 90% there probably wouldn't be.

I see it like this: If humans can perceive 'ghosts' then one of two things follows. Either ghosts can be perceived by a designed, controlled physical experiment (most probably better than human perception) or humans are capable of perceiving something that is beyond physical, in which case a part of us is similarly beyond physical. As neither have ever been demonstrated it would be irrational for me to believe in any supernatural entity.

D

deleted3782

Just wanted to know if anyone else has had some weird stuff happen?

I grew up hearing stories about the ghost that is in my house. I've had a few experiences. Lots of people in my life believe that my house is haunted and won't stay here alone.

So ya, I believe in ghosts.

ChaoticBliss

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
We just went to settlement back in January for a 1906 Queen Anne Victorian house. We moved in that night.

A few weeks after moving in, I just came home from work, sat in front of the tv with a snack, and heard someone (or something) stomping down the third floor steps then heard the attic door slam shut. I went up to investigate (after collecting myself for a minute). I found nothing. Nobody was up there. This was in January, so all the windows were shut. And all the windows are brand new, so no drafts either.

Shortly after that, I have heard, on several occasions, doors opening and closing on the second floor. On quite a few occasions, I have gone upstairs and found all the bedroom doors on the second floor open (we always keep them closed).

I have two dogs (a German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix and a Beagle). Both of them follow me everywhere I go, including the bathroom when I take a shower. Neither will go down in the basement with me. They just stand at the top of the stairs and stare into the basement like they are on alert.

The other night, I was in bed with both dogs and both of them started staring at the corner by where I was sitting, and started barking, then growling at something, bearing their teeth.

One night, I went into the kitchen to get something to drink. As I entered the kitchen, I heard a large "bang" as if someone punched the wall in front of me. As I looked at that wall, a picture that was hanging there lifted up from the bottom, went horizontal to the wall then flew across the kitchen, slamming into the cabinets and fell to the floor. The dogs, who followed me into the kitchen, just looked puzzled.

A few days ago, my partner was doing the dishes in the kitchen and heard someone say "hey". He turned around and was alone.

That same day, I was taking a nap in the bedroom when I heard someone whistling, sounding like they were standing beside me. I opened my eyes, and again, I was alone.

This is what has happened in the 8 months we have lived here...

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ghosts, ALIENS (especially! OMG I will discuss this later in the post), etc are all made up. Like most things.

It's all a matter of perception. For example, someone with a mental disorder would tell you that they hear voices or that the devil told them to do [something]. To you or I that seems like complete bullshit and we "know" (or perceive) that it is not true.

But to the person with the disorder, it is perceived as real and they treat it as such, which may be a cause of the disorder or effect. Me no know.

I'm not saying that all people who see ghosts have some sort of disorder but I am just saying that the mind is a very powerful, very mysterious thing.

Just a quick word on UFO's/aliens:

We are all aware that there was a crash (and therefore debris) at Roswell. UFO "enthusiasts" will tell you that scientists examined the 'craft' material and "it could not be burned, cut...or destroyed."

ORLY?

Then HOW DID IT CRASH OR BREAK APART IN THE FIRST PLACE.

One source (of many) Lubbock Lights,UFO Battle of Los Angeles 42,Levelland Texas UFO,O'Hare UFO,Flatwoods Monster,Roswell, Gulf Breeze, Betty and Barney Hill, Cash Landrum UFO, Exeter UFO, Pascagoula Abduction, Rendlesham Forest, Travis Walton, Socorro UFO, Kecksburg, Gu

That's it for now peeps. It is all about perception. I will just say that most people who see ghosts are in vulnerable emotional states, usually grief or depression.

I'm not here to debate the validity of Roswell, but I think its a tad naieve to think that aliens are a myth. To think we are alone in this galaxy is a tad silly. But to be honest there has been little proof other than shaky photos and archeologists linking spurts in technological advancement with extraterrestrial visits. So while I may not be certain there have been visits here, but I do believe, aliens or extraterrestrial life forms must exist. The galaxy and the universe are far too vast, far too diverse to have only one bipedal hominid racing around. Just my opinion, and while I haven't linked anything I've done my fair share of reading which makes me think that I'm not completely insane. (This is all just opinion based on the reading of theories and as such is extremely suspect as to its validity)

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And let's not forget The Virgin Mary appearing on a grilled cheese sandwich!

But there is an explanation for that - she's a little bit deaf, so she thought people were praying to "Mary, mother of cheeses".....

BIGMIKE

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I 100%, without a doubt, know it's real! When my aunt passed away un-expectantly, and suddenly, she has came to me when I'm laying in bed at night. She has also "visited" my grandma. My grandma is not the type of person that would believe in this kind of thing, but she does now! She had went to bed, one night a day or 2 after my aunts funeral and she said she was just laying there, wide awake just thinking about things, and she told us that she felt a hand rub her arm like she was saying, it's ok, I'm fine..

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns.
U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?"
U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded".
THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

monel

Sexy Member
Media
So ur with ur honey and yur making out wen the phone rigns.
U anser it n the vioce is "wut r u doing wit my daughter?"
U tell ur girl n she say "my dad is ded".
THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

C'mon. If it really was her father, he knew what you were doing and didn't need to ask.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
And let's not forget The Virgin Mary appearing on a grilled cheese sandwich!

But there is an explanation for that - she's a little bit deaf, so she thought people were praying to "Mary, mother of cheeses".....

OOOoooo! You're going to hell for that one Willow.

(For the bad joke I mean, not the blasphemy)

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We just went to settlement back in January for a 1906 Queen Anne Victorian house.
I can't get beyond the mystery in your first sentence. Queen Anne, 1665–1714; Queen Victoria, 1819–1901; house built in 1906. How can a house built in 1906 be either "Queen Anne" or "Victorian," let alone both?

As for the curious phenomena that you report, I have no idea what the explanation could be, but there are some interesting examples of how similar phenomena have turned up under investigation in this article: poltergeist - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
Every man alive knows the truth that is the sock monster - a strange poltergeist that always leaves odd socks. Curiously - the sock monster disappears when women don't live with you!

I've witnessed some pretty odd & annoying crap when I lived alone - I had things moving around, photos fanned out etc., & this even happened when people were in the same room as me, & we went to another, & witnessed things having changed.

I then had an ex ring up, & she was crying saying that she'd woken up to a presence, & that presence had tried (she said put its hand over her mouth & hold her head down) to suffocate her. She'd started screaming, he mum ran in & it stopped. She told her it was a very close relative of mine - I'd never told either this person or that they were dead - but she even knew his name.

About a week later, I got her to come round (to bring back my relative), we shared a drink - & all of the crap at my house stopped. Bizarre. I'd also got so used to it.

I saw an apparition once -very odd - but I'm aware that the mind tries to make sense of things that it perceives -it only lasted 2-3 seconds -& in daylight too.

I had a retinal migraine once(not diagnosed - but it had to be), & if you've never had one, I'll explain that it just shows how much the mind plays tricks on you - I literally had the vortex of a black hole sucking every single bit of light out of the room, & distorting the vision in a small part of one eye.

Every time I close my eyes before I go to sleep, I see the room I'm in - but different - & sometimes there are people there - sometimes not. I really don't think anything of it -I just don't see it as malevolent - or probably even real - but it happens everywhere. Until a few years ago - I thought this was normal!

But hell, if Stephen Hawking believes in 11 dimensions crossing over each other, & occasional rips a profound possibility, why not call that crap the paranormal, or believe in ghosts?

Just don't visit mediums or spiritualists & be conned out of your money.

Last edited: