• No, I don't believe in it

Votes: 32 45.1%

• Total voters

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No I don't believe in ghosts but that doesn't stop me being seriously freaked out by movies or stories which feature them.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
OK !?!?! Who's talking about me ? and Y ? would U prefer me more as a " succubus " ? I don't care who I'm seducing as long as I get some ! Any Volunteers ? *winks * Country Guy ?

"Cums" to Incy as a Spirit :firedevil:

umami_tsunami

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Every man alive knows the truth that is the sock monster - a strange poltergeist that always leaves odd socks. Curiously - the sock monster disappears when women don't live with you!

I've witnessed some pretty odd & annoying crap when I lived alone - I had things moving around, photos fanned out etc., & this even happened when people were in the same room as me, & we went to another, & witnessed things having changed.

I then had an ex ring up, & she was crying saying that she'd woken up to a presence, & that presence had tried (she said put its hand over her mouth & hold her head down) to suffocate her. She'd started screaming, he mum ran in & it stopped. She told her it was a very close relative of mine - I'd never told either this person or that they were dead - but she even knew his name.

About a week later, I got her to come round (to bring back my relative), we shared a drink - & all of the crap at my house stopped. Bizarre. I'd also got so used to it.

I saw an apparition once -very odd - but I'm aware that the mind tries to make sense of things that it perceives -it only lasted 2-3 seconds -& in daylight too.

I had a retinal migraine once(not diagnosed - but it had to be), & if you've never had one, I'll explain that it just shows how much the mind plays tricks on you - I literally had the vortex of a black hole sucking every single bit of light out of the room, & distorting the vision in a small part of one eye.

Every time I close my eyes before I go to sleep, I see the room I'm in - but different - & sometimes there are people there - sometimes not. I really don't think anything of it -I just don't see it as malevolent - or probably even real - but it happens everywhere. Until a few years ago - I thought this was normal!

But hell, if Stephen Hawking believes in 11 dimensions crossing over each other, & occasional rips a profound possibility, why not call that crap the paranormal, or believe in ghosts?

Just don't visit mediums or spiritualists & be conned out of your money.

Well.... This starting to 'splain some of your insane nonsense posted in the politics forum[/eyeroll]

A lot of weird business goes on in the world. After all we are drifting on a rock through a vacuum and no-body can really explain how the first rock or organisim appeared in that vacumm in the first place. After having a number of personal experiences myself of premonition and unable to give a logical explanation why. Being non religious but having some spiritual theories of my own....short of the long....I'll keep an open mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
I believe the 99% of what people think of as paranormal activity (such as all the examples above) has an explanation rooted in the physical world, such as we understand it.

That is not to say I do not believe in the paranormal at all - I just don't think footsteps upstairs in the house when no one is there is it. Buildings carry noise, sounds travels and carries in extremely interesting ways, sometimes producing effects that, at first, seem impossible - I've lived in too many places where the footsteps of a human upstairs are barely audible but a mouse runs across a specific spot and suddenly it seems there's a herd of stampeding wildebeest up there.

Things that go bump in the night are just things, going bump... in the night. Ghosts have better things to do.
This might be closer to the paranormal but you might call it extreme mind over matter depending on your defintions.
From Wikipedia { posted this before }
Remote Viewing { sitting in a room and viewing distant objects }
Disclaimer : Other experiments have failed to produce the same results thus falling into pseudoscience but this is sensitive material and successful results might be secret.

Harold Puthoff and russell targ { i believe but don't know they are stanford physicists } tested psychic ingo swann at the stanford research institute in a study funded by the CIA and the usaf in 1996. The military intelligence board { didn't know one existed } chaired by DIA { department of intelligence/ditto/didn't know one existed } chief soyster appointed by or appointed army colonel william johnson ended up a believer. Now i think i read somewhere that ingo swann in a room {remote viewing/viewing the location in your mind} at stanford was asked to describe { after being given coordinates ? } in detail secret military installations around the US and did so. Again i don't know but ingo may have been to view inside various buildings and describe their contents. Either harold or russell wrote a book about remote viewing/SRI and one of them appeared on the pbs news show and there was a segment where he was interviewed by Jim when he was still there.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well.... This starting to 'splain some of your insane nonsense posted in the politics forum[/eyeroll]

Are you always so stupid, or is today a special occasion?:tongue:

I wonder what you'd have turned out like If you'd had enough oxygen at birth:smile:

Leave it in the Political forum, please :smile:

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
Every man alive knows the truth that is the sock monster - a strange poltergeist that always leaves odd socks. Curiously - the sock monster disappears when women don't live with you!

I've witnessed some pretty odd & annoying crap when I lived alone - I had things moving around, photos fanned out etc., & this even happened when people were in the same room as me, & we went to another, & witnessed things having changed.

I then had an ex ring up, & she was crying saying that she'd woken up to a presence, & that presence had tried (she said put its hand over her mouth & hold her head down) to suffocate her. She'd started screaming, he mum ran in & it stopped. She told her it was a very close relative of mine - I'd never told either this person or that they were dead - but she even knew his name.

About a week later, I got her to come round (to bring back my relative), we shared a drink - & all of the crap at my house stopped. Bizarre. I'd also got so used to it.

I saw an apparition once -very odd - but I'm aware that the mind tries to make sense of things that it perceives -it only lasted 2-3 seconds -& in daylight too.

I had a retinal migraine once(not diagnosed - but it had to be), & if you've never had one, I'll explain that it just shows how much the mind plays tricks on you - I literally had the vortex of a black hole sucking every single bit of light out of the room, & distorting the vision in a small part of one eye.

Every time I close my eyes before I go to sleep, I see the room I'm in - but different - & sometimes there are people there - sometimes not. I really don't think anything of it -I just don't see it as malevolent - or probably even real - but it happens everywhere. Until a few years ago - I thought this was normal!

But hell, if Stephen Hawking believes in 11 dimensions crossing over each other, & occasional rips a profound possibility, why not call that crap the paranormal, or believe in ghosts?

Just don't visit mediums or spiritualists & be conned out of your money.
This is a field which i don't think anyone really knows much about. It would be interesting to know if ghost appearances have been reported from every country in the world for centuries or not. Its one thing to report ghost sightings but if ghosts can actually harm someone it takes it to a different level. Carl Jung in his autobiography{memories dreams and reflections} reported waking up one night and seeing a ghost at the foot of his bed. I've been told { just once } that if ghosts are real and you run across dangerous spirits only one thing can protect you and that is a belief in god. I have NO idea if thats true.

breeze

Experimental Member
Media
The other question , if lets for a moment presume ghosts{a dead person still here on earth } are real and i'm not saying they are. Why are they still here ? I run across people who are clearly demented in san francisco every day. Are ghosts the spirits of demented people ? People who don't believe in god ? Are ghosts completely lost souls ? Are ghosts the spirits of people who are being punished ? If ghosts are real are we all doomed to be ghosts ? Or are certain spirits trapped or choose to be here. Why are they still here ? { if ghosts are real }

umami_tsunami

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Are you always so stupid, or is today a special occasion?:tongue:

I wonder what you'd have turned out like If you'd had enough oxygen at birth:smile:

I wonder if you'll ever have a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpeg?

B_crackoff

Experimental Member
Media
I wonder if you'll ever have a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpeg?

I've got news for you fellah; ghosts are myths, just like every girl you say you've slept with.:smile:

Seriously, if I wanted to hear from an ass, I'd fart:biggrin1:

If you want to continue, with this, I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave you alone - but I'm sure you're used to that.

Last edited:

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't follow this thread any more, since two of the people who have been making multiple posts lately are on my "Ignore" list; but I don't have to see their posts to know from their presence that the ratio of nonsense to sense in this thread has gone way up.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
I can't follow this thread any more, since two of the people who have been making multiple posts lately are on my "Ignore" list; but I don't have to see their posts to know from their presence that the ratio of nonsense to sense in this thread has gone way up.

And that's saying something in a thread about ggggggghosts!

umami_tsunami

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I'm sorry. You're right. I started it. I won't do it again. :wink:

Now back the apparitions!

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
There is a great deal of evidence and strange happenings to support the validity of some of these claims. The Croke-Patterson mansion in Denver Colorado which was nearly given away on resale in the last couple of years because of this kind of history is one example of paranormal that is extreme and violent at times.

In Palm Springs there is a home called the "Boat House" which also has a very colorful history that is not a good one.

In Palm Desert I lived across the street from a 1950's tract home that also had a history so interesting that those neighbors moved out of the home and went elsewhere to escape the happenings. The home had been involved in a fire from an exploded drug lab. When that fire took place two large dogs were killed in the fire. The home was rebuilt and the bad stuff started to happen. The new home had tile floors, and at night the sound of dogs claws and feet could be heard walking on the floors in the wee hours of the morning and the sound of dogs crying out could be heard. The home was a rental and subsequent tenants would find pet birds dead within a few days of moving in. Other dogs and cats would run from the inside of the home in complete terror. Two sets of new neighbors neither of which believed in this kind of thing moved out of that house within six months of moving in. Two more tenants over the decade I lived across the street committed suicide in that home and the reasons were never known. It had a bad record!

Now, find me a haunted house where the ghosts were involved in the sex trade and that is one I might be interested in! Those do exist!

All food for thought!