Do you believe in Ghosts and......

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You do have Passport to World Band Radio right? It's the best for SW.
No, thanks for the link, i'll get right on that one.
Do you ever listen to numbers stations? They're a hobby of mine.
Yes
I also listen to SW for the same reasons as you do though be aware there are plenty of biases in foreign broadcasts as well.
Yeah, i know what you mean, you have to listen to cuba radio with the knowledge that it's run by a dictator, i wonder if his brother will take over and do the same?
chris

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't believe in ghosts per se, but I have experienced/encountered someone who was not really there where I was ( person was actually in another part of the world ) and no one else seemed to see them. The person seemed alive, but did not talk , but did show facial expressions and could move about. The person began materializing for brief moments..then disappearing. Finally the person summoned me somehow to a bar..where we had a one-sided and emotional conversation. After several minutes,
the person left the bar rapidly, ran up a narrow alley/street and vanished before my eyes! I learned later that this is a classic example of some kind of time/space travel of minds or something! Those into spirits and the occult seem to know all about this sort of thing and give it a textbook name....which eludes me! It just bewildered the heck out of me and made me question my sanity at the time! I am not certain, but the person might have already been dead at the time this happened.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I did have a ghostly experience in Blacksburg , Virginia many years ago. I visited and spent the night at Hans Meadows, the home of a former professor and next morning I took 20 pictures of the house , the mountains, of him and his sister. My friend was included in 6 of the 20 pictures either alone or with his sister! I left for Florida and returned to Maryland about 10 days later. Upon returning, I learned that my professor friend had died shortly after I had left for Florida. His sister requested copies of the 6 pictures which included just him or the two of them together!
When the pictures were developed, in each of the 6 pictures where he should have been was a ghostly image...his sister was there in the picture, but standing next to her was a ghost!
A most ghostly happening, I would say!

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
believe that's called "bi-location"

I don't believe in ghosts per se, but I have experienced/encountered someone who was not really there where I was ( person was actually in another part of the world ) and no one else seemed to see them. The person seemed alive, but did not talk , but did show facial expressions and could move about. The person began materializing for brief moments..then disappearing. Finally the person summoned me somehow to a bar..where we had a one-sided and emotional conversation. After several minutes,
the person left the bar rapidly, ran up a narrow alley/street and vanished before my eyes! I learned later that this is a classic example of some kind of time/space travel of minds or something! Those into spirits and the occult seem to know all about this sort of thing and give it a textbook name....which eludes me! It just bewildered the heck out of me and made me question my sanity at the time! I am not certain, but the person might have already been dead at the time this happened.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
believe that's called "bi-location"

I looked it up and bi-location does come close to describing what I experienced....occultists have always told me it was an astral projection time/space travel of the mind! In either case, it appears to be unexplainable in real terms!
I think perhaps it might be astral projection, in that in some of my dreams, I fly (as in soar over oceans and countries) to foreign places and interact with people in languages other than English and French! Weird as hell!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I looked it up and bi-location does come close to describing what I experienced....occultists have always told me it was an astral projection time/space travel of the mind! In either case, it appears to be unexplainable in real terms!
I think perhaps it might be astral projection, in that in some of my dreams, I fly (as in soar over oceans and countries) to foreign places and interact with people in languages other than English and French! Weird as hell!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

can be cultivated/developed; check it out:

Amazon.com: Psychic Energy: How to Change Desires into Realities (Reward Classics): Books: Joseph J. Weed

http://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Mystic...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203618861&sr=1-3

Be sure to get it. The Blue Pages section of the book contain every scheduled broadcast based on frequency and location. All the larger stations have detailed program listings which contain reviews of what they offer, discussion about programming, and all the various frequencies they're on. Also included are reviews of active and passive antennas, radios, and articles about various issues. It's a vital guide and well worth the money.

If Raul is smart he'll consolidate power slowly and only after Fidel is too infirm to lead. The ideal situation would be similar to Spain when Franco posthumously turned over power to King Juan Carlos. Juan Carlos wisely and carefully reformed the government, guiding Spain in its transition from a dictatorship to a modern democracy.

Now back to our paranormal programming...

Yeah, i know what you mean, you have to listen to cuba radio with the knowledge that it's run by a dictator, i wonder if his brother will take over and do the same?
chris

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

dedrewm

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
well, I am the kind of person who has to see to believe. I just KNOW for a fact that not only have customers and employees have seen and talked to a "ghost", I have numerous times as well, AND have seen things move all the time in my bar that's over 100 years old which I recently found out about the numerous deaths that had occurred there. I am thinking about renaming the place "Fantasma Bar" (Fantasma is what these Costa Ricans call ghosts) but I am not sure if I might lose customers!

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This may sound like a funny comparison, but would the whole doubleganger deal ( sorry about the spelling btw ) be akin to how the time turner sequence worked in the third Harry Potter movie ? As in, you go back in time and be able to see yourself as you were in that time, yet you could not/could not interact with yourself. Same deal as if you went forward in time and saw your future self perhaps ? Sorry, i know it sounds confusing but I am now facinated by this concept as it seems akin to time travel, as if you suddenly get caught in a rip in time and space and catch a brief glimpse of your future self or something that happens in the future or present if you took 'that other path' as it were.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I definitely believe in ghosts.

I also believe in extraterrestrial life but not so sure they're wasting their time with us. My favorite quote from the comic strip Calvin and Hobbs is "The surest sign that there is intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't tried to contact us!"

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't believe in ghosts. It would be nice, but I'm sure a relative would've got in touch with me now if they could. I am I firm believer in there being life 'out there' though. In a huge Universe with millions of galaxies, there has to be another planet which have been subject to the same conditions as earth.

D_Joseba_Guntertwat

Experimental Member
Media
The person seemed alive, but did not talk , but did show facial expressions and could move about. The person began materializing for brief moments..then disappearing. Finally the person summoned me somehow to a bar..where we had a one-sided and emotional conversation. After several minutes, the person left the bar rapidly, ran up a narrow alley/street and vanished before my eyes!
So did he appear like a real person? Or just in your mind? Were you drunk at the time? Am just curious to know more about this story and what it could have been.
I did have a ghostly experience in Blacksburg , Virginia many years ago. I visited and spent the night at Hans Meadows, the home of a former professor and next morning I took 20 pictures of the house , the mountains, of him and his sister. My friend was included in 6 of the 20 pictures either alone or with his sister! I left for Florida and returned to Maryland about 10 days later. Upon returning, I learned that my professor friend had died shortly after I had left for Florida. His sister requested copies of the 6 pictures which included just him or the two of them together!
When the pictures were developed, in each of the 6 pictures where he should have been was a ghostly image...his sister was there in the picture, but standing next to her was a ghost! A most ghostly happening, I would say!
You mean he was in the photographs of him that you'd taken? Or am I misunderstanding this.
Dreams are weird, I wouldn't read too much meaning into them.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So did he appear like a real person? Or just in your mind? Were you drunk at the time? Am just curious to know more about this story and what it could have been.

You mean he was in the photographs of him that you'd taken? Or am I misunderstanding this.

Dreams are weird, I wouldn't read too much meaning into them.

He should have appeared in 6 of the 20 pictures...that was my intent as the picture taker! He appeared in none! A ghostly image with undefined edges appeared in his place. In the two pictures which included his sister, she was defined as was everthing else in the picture, but he was not! He was a white mass with cloudlike form!

As to the astral projection, no I was not even drinking alcohol, just coke.
Although he was as real looking and moving and behaving as a person can be, he either could not or did not talk. I seem to remember that he was seated at a table in the bar/restaurant when I arrived after my being summoned there by some strong compelling force! I did not realize that anything strange was happening...rather, I thought he was actually there and that ESP had brought us to that same place! My ESP is inexplicably accurate much of the time! I also often seem to read what people are thinking or are about to say...especially if there is an element of emotion involved! He communicated with facial and bodily gestures...showing great emotion during our one-sided conversation which ended the second I made an apology for a former transgression! The way the person had been attempting to materialize over a period of several days prior to our meeting reminded me very much of an episode of beaming down with a malfunctioning transporter on Star Trek.....but this happened in 1958.

I agree about dreams..strange thing is that the travel dreams sometimes leave a residue of information about the places and languages I visit/use in my travel dreams which upon closer scrutiny seem to be correct/real/accurate .
I do not attach much significance to ghostly/inexplicable occurrences...I am merely perplexed why I experience them and others do not. :smile::smile:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe that there is something more than just us Earthlings out there. Whether they are ghosts in the sense of being people who have once lived and now are gone, is another matter.

eaglespga88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Digging this up because I know theres more members on this site with stories and feelings to tell. I just love reading about this stuff! It might get buried again, but at least I cant say I didnt try :p