• no

Votes: 324 48.9%

• Total voters

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I put down "No", I sometimes think there might be something larger then us, but I still don't really think so... I've always followed my grandmothers saying "When your dead, your dead."

The only time I think there may be a god is when I have also thought about Hell, I guess the thought of endless suffering sometimes freaks me and makes me consider going to some Church of something but I would only be going because I'm scared off "Hell" and not because I truly believe, and if there was a God I think he might be able to tell I'm not a true believer... So what’s the point? (Or am I missing something...)

D_golden parachute

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I put down "No", I sometimes think there might be something larger then us, but I still don't really think so... I've always followed my grandmothers saying "When your dead, your dead."

The only time I think there may be a god is when I have also thought about Hell, I guess the thought of endless suffering sometimes freaks me and makes me consider going to some Church of something but I would only be going because I'm scared off "Hell" and not because I truly believe, and if there was a God I think he might be able to tell I'm not a true believer... So what’s the point? (Or am I missing something...)

That's all Hell is

to scare people away from not believing

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Aren't there other sites for this?

Oh shut up, theres more then just talk about big dicks at the site, if you want to read something about them go to The Young and Hung section or STFU and Leave section.

If thats all you have to say get out of the Et Cetera, Et Cetera section, you won't be missed.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I am slightly concerned that god will get pissed off if he looses the vote on LPSG.

God gave us Free Will so we could decide whether or not to believe. As for a LPSG vote - I expect he'll care about as much as he does about everything else.

What's that, Lord? I'm alright but you're pretty sure the rest of these bastards are fucked...

(honourabley nicked from Braveheart)

D_golden parachute

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I often struggle to believe how people believe in God these days, it just deifes logic

then I remember the brainswashing they do in School, you are told God is real and as a young kid you take everything an adult tells you as truth

religion should not be forced on children.

B_Just Joe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
alot of religion just explains things away as "miracle" which just sounds like "magic" to me. i like science. its concrete fact. i do acknowledge that people in various religious texts may have existed but not doing some of the insae shit that you read about in them.

in addition. another reason i dislike religion is because of each religions arrogance (except bhuddism. if there are otheres im sorry). perefect example. The pope recently had the balls to say that all other religions were flat out wrong. and that catholocism was the only "right" religion. seriously what the fuck?

D_golden parachute

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Every religion teaches that Joe. They are right, all heretics are wrong

the bible tells you to stone to death people who try to convert you and slay the families in the towns of different faiths

but people just pick the bits they like, which in itself defies logic further

religious beliefs allow people to say what they want to be true and they get away with it

in no other area are you allowed such freedom becasue to be frank you would lose respect

or even if you swapped God for 'Zeus' would people look at you the same way if you claimed Zeus to be the ruler of the world? How is it any more silly than God?

deepdick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Doesn't bother me. Much. Just don't buy into the obsession with religion that this world has - but that is me. I'd recommend that anyone really into religion take an extension course in history of religions, west AND east. I've had a few and found them all fascinating. I won't predict what you'll get out of it or that it will change your mind either way but nothing wrong with having a broader knowledge of the subject.

My background; a devout Catholic… until I learned a bit more. And if we can allow personal opinions without anger, I find the idea of a superior being a fairy tale we never grow out of. And there have been A LOT of publishers of this one. And many, many of them share the same themes.

Personal spirituality I have no problem with. It is a good moral guide for the individual and it can take on the whole gamut of beliefs. Mine is a modified Buddhism. I don't believe in reincarnation of the soul in other lives. But I do like their personal philosophies on human behavior and thought. Lot's of constructive living tips there that don't include intruding on other people. No hate, no vengeance.

Most western religions and some eastern support a priesthood and that is where my criticisms mainly lie. Just another power club with schisms to control the masses into supporting their career choice. History shows this over and over again. Read.

My 2 cents.

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Can one be a Buddhist and believe in God at the same time?

As I understand it, Buddhism is not a monotheistic religion, but it does have deities and demons. The deities are considered manifestations of essences and certainly couldn't be confused with the god of the Abrahamic religions.

But I'll defer to Senor Rubirosa in any matters relating to Buddhism in general.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mercurialbliss, are you of Norse decent? I noticed the reference to " Valhalla" in your profile.

Not trying to hijack this thread, just curious.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Doesn't bother me. Much. Just don't buy into the obsession with religion that this world has - but that is me. I'd recommend that anyone really into religion take an extension course in history of religions, west AND east. I've had a few and found them all fascinating. I won't predict what you'll get out of it or that it will change your mind either way but nothing wrong with having a broader knowledge of the subject.

My background; a devout Catholic… until I learned a bit more. And if we can allow personal opinions without anger, I find the idea of a superior being a fairy tale we never grow out of. And there have been A LOT of publishers of this one. And many, many of them share the same themes.

Personal spirituality I have no problem with. It is a good moral guide for the individual and it can take on the whole gamut of beliefs. Mine is a modified Buddhism. I don't believe in reincarnation of the soul in other lives. But I do like their personal philosophies on human behavior and thought. Lot's of constructive living tips there that don't include intruding on other people. No hate, no vengeance.

Most western religions and some eastern support a priesthood and that is where my criticisms mainly lie. Just another power club with schisms to control the masses into supporting their career choice. History shows this over and over again. Read.

My 2 cents.

I'm in a Lazy mood and he just said it all for me. I would have liked to have writen it so well. Thanks Deepdick

x

Honey

Randyvoorburg

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I do but I'm not quite sure what or who he is, but I have a hunch that he's not what most people think he is or if it really matters to him whether we believe in him or not, or worship him the way people do. I just know from experience that there is something out there beyond coincidence. What or who it is might not even fit the word "God".