Do you believe in heaven and hell?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Aston Asstonne, Nov 4, 2007.

1. D_Aston Asstonne

D_Aston Asstonne Account Disabled

I myself do not.Im a firm believer in reincarnation.

2. hypoc8

hypoc8 Member

Yes I do.

3. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I don't believe in heaven and hell or reincarnation. We get one stab at life and we should make the most of it instead of kidding ourselves that if we cock this one up we can live happily ever after in heaven or get reincarnated in a nice new squeaky clean body.

4. invisibleman

Gold Member

I believe in the afterlife (an astralworld in spiritual levels). I think that we go through things in life that bears reconciliation and understanding. I feel that we all get forgiven but we have to get reconciliation and understanding of why we did the things we did while here on this physical plane.

5. D_Aston Asstonne

D_Aston Asstonne Account Disabled

Very interesting.

6. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I don't buy it, that's seeing an afterlife as therapy.

7. Mr._dB

Mr._dB New Member

No. Death = dirt nap. The so-called "human spirit" is just a function of organic brain activity. When the brain dies, that's it.

8. B_lillothomas9

B_lillothomas9 New Member

Do you have a definitive prove of what you said ? iam not saying that you are wrong but the truth is that nobody has a clue of what happened when we die if something actually happen. Maybe dead is the end i dont know but i wouldnt say something about it without some prove/

9. B_lillothomas9

How do you believe in reincarnation ? the new age way ?because according to hinduism and buddism in samsara
    heavens and hells realms exists but arent eternal .

10. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Someone once said not believing in God is just as much an act of faith as believing. There really isn't any definitive proof on either side.

11. B_lillothomas9

Well yea iam agnostic with some interest in buddism but still agnostic nobody can know for sure if god or gods exists or not.

12. avg_joe

Gold Member

Yes, I do. I am also a Buddhist.

13. D_Fluoridia Bidet

D_Fluoridia Bidet New Member

Ok questions then. Some people say that there isn't heaven or hell so then why do people see these things when they have NDEs? I am just curious to know why is that like that? I have read that people see stuff when they are on the brink of death? Is it due to the fact that the brain is losing oxygen and interpreting faulty information while being clinically dead? And how come when we are clinically dead we can see our bodies and the people around us in hospitals or just anywhere?

14. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    does anyone know if ass sniffing is allowed in either place?

15. B_lillothomas9

Yeah that is an enigma . some evidence could suggest that we somehow exists after death but in another hand other evidence also can suggest dead is the end . we dont know for sure

16. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

Research EVP (electronic voice phenomenon). It's something one can pursue themself (requires having a good tape recorder and a certain type microphone). There are many recordings on the internet that one can listen to. While it appears many who follow EVP are in it for serious study (and some attempt to contact loved ones), there are also bound to be dumbass fakers, of course. So try to find a website with a good reputation that attempts to keep out the bs.

As a side note, the movie White Noise was based on EVP, though the movie's content was ramped up in order to make the movie more interesting.

Edit: Oops, I thought I was in the other thread, the one asking about whether there is an afterlife or not.

17. D_Fluoridia Bidet

D_Fluoridia Bidet New Member

This had dealings with the paranormal. With that said if we die and can't make it to heaven or hell we are stuck here on earth or some other dimension that can't be seen by the living but can be heard with evp and seen with digital technology?

18. invisibleman

Gold Member

Well, you don't have to. We are here on this physical plane for a purpose.
    I believe as a test. A test how we truly treat each other. We are here as an extension of God...and continuation of that life force within us. There are moments where we could be superheroes, supervillians, a participant, or a pawn in this life to somebody. We have to understand why we do the things we do in order to understand others. Then we evolve. We have to understand that evolution before we evolve to the next. Human beings and spirits are capable of some great things and horrendous things. Understanding is a part of knowing truth...and there are many truths in people.

If God works in mysterious ways...and we are created in His image...don't you think we are mysterious...yet capable of understanding? I believe we are an extension of God's life force. A testimony of great things--constructive and destructive. We are supposed to evolve. Learn and understand why we evolved and move on to the next evolution and understand that.

19. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Bush is still President? Therefore, I believe in hell.

20. B_superlarge

B_superlarge New Member

Yeah, I think that's the theory. The problem seems to be they don't say enough to find out much detail from so as to understand for sure what's what. Skeptics think it's either radio transmissions being picked up and/or wild imaginations grasping at straws.

Draft saved Draft deleted