Do you believe in heaven and hell?

Media
Well, you don't have to. We are here on this physical plane for a purpose.
I believe as a test. A test how we truly treat each other. We are here as an extension of God...and continuation of that life force within us. There are moments where we could be superheroes, supervillians, a participant, or a pawn in this life to somebody. We have to understand why we do the things we do in order to understand others. Then we evolve. We have to understand that evolution before we evolve to the next. Human beings and spirits are capable of some great things and horrendous things. Understanding is a part of knowing truth...and there are many truths in people.

If God works in mysterious ways...and we are created in His image...don't you think we are mysterious...yet capable of understanding? I believe we are an extension of God's life force. A testimony of great things--constructive and destructive. We are supposed to evolve. Learn and understand why we evolved and move on to the next evolution and understand that.

I love this it's really deep. I think it sums it all up.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
We are not created in God's image: we created him with ours.

By the by, I've had NDE, and the end result of you is not judged by God, but that you will judge yourself.

I guess there's a number of people who'll suffer from their own soul, including me. There were times I haven't been nice.

Media
Yeah, I think that's the theory. The problem seems to be they don't say enough to find out much detail from so as to understand for sure what's what. Sceptics think it's either radio transmissions being poicked up and/or wild imaginations grasping at straws.

Scientist are always trying to solve the paranormal. I don't think it's radio transmission I don't think it's possible to pick up radio noises from a tape recorder. If you were to stand next to a radio tower or satellites I don't think it would record on tape? If that were true then evps are wrong there aren't dead spirits recording themselves.

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
Scientist are always trying to solve the paranormal. I don't think it's radio transmission I don't think it's possible to pick up radio noises from a tape recorder. If you were to stand next to a radio tower or satellites I don't think it would record on tape? If that were true then evps are wrong there aren't dead spirits recording themselves.

Taken from a website, this is more precisely what skeptics think. Apparently some use electronic devices connected with the tape recorders:
"While it is impossible to prove that all EVPs are due to natural phenomena, skeptics maintain that they are probably due to such things as interference from a nearby CB operator or cross modulation. Some of the "voices" are most likely people creating meaning out of random noise, a kind of auditory pareidolia or apophenia. And now that the phenomenon has a number of devoted followers (thanks in part to the movie "White Noise"), some hoaxers have probably entered the fray."

D_Adoniah Sheervolume

Account Disabled
Media
while it might be comforting to think there's an afterlife for me, i can't bring myself to believe it. if there is a god, i like to think he/she/it could understand that this lowly human might have trouble grasping such an enormous concept, and look upon me kindly...

but i do believe in heaven and hell, and that we live on: in the ways we impact others, and the good or bad we do to our world while we have the priviledge to exist on it.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We are not created in God's image: we created him with ours.

By the by, I've had NDE, and the end result of you is not judged by God, but that you will judge yourself.

I guess there's a number of people who'll suffer from their own soul, including me. There were times I haven't been nice.

Well, if the Bible (along with God) was created with our image and understanding back then... Does it apply to our image and understanding today?

I think that we all haven't treated someone nice. We have to understand why it happened. I believe that if you have done wrong...you have the potential to do right. I think that is part of God's intervention. We can choose to make things better or make things worse.

Judging ourselves doesn't make way for understanding.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If we're here as some sort of test and there is some continuation after life then that reinforces that there is a God, if there is a God then we're his creations and as he's omnipotent he can know at one instant what any of us are doing, how we're going to react to the situation that's coming up and how we'd react to any of an infinity of situations we might be presented with - he would have no need to test us.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If we're here as some sort of test and there is some continuation after life then that reinforces that there is a God, if there is a God then we're his creations and as he's omnipotent he can know at one instant what any of us are doing, how we're going to react to the situation that's coming up and how we'd react to any of an infinity of situations we might be presented with - he would have no need to test us.

But...the question remains "Why?". God may know the reason why we are here on this physical plane but do you fully understand the reasons why you are here.

God in his omnipotence has given us talents, purposes, and weaknesses.
We are tested because our life force needs it to evolve. Can God forgive His enemies? Are we redeemable? I believe we are. Without evil, you cannot have the opportunities for good.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The reason why we're here is the same reason any other living being is here -- to exploit our environmental niche and to reproduce.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Damn right I do. Here are the words:

John Entwistle Heaven And Hell Lyrics

On top of the sky is a place where you go,
If you've done, nothing wrong
If you've done nothing wrong.

And down in the ground is a place where you go
If you've been a bad boy
If you've been a bad boy.

Why can't we have eternal life
And never die
Never die.

In the place up above, you grow feather wings,
And you fly, round and round
With a harp singing hymns.

And down in the ground you grow horns
And a tail, and you carry a fork
And moan and wail.

And never die
Never die.

(Guitar Solo)

On top of the sky is a place where you go
If you've done, nothing wrong
If you've done nothing wrong

And down in the ground is a place where you go,
If you've been a bad boy
If you've been a bad boy.

And never die
Never die.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe heaven and hell is like night and day, if you take away the night you`ll never be able to appreciate the sunrise and sunset, it`s all about perception.

Heavan and hell is what you make of it in the hear and now.

I believe every person chooses to be happy or miserable by their own submission.

Henceforth some people are happy, joyous, and free; while others choose their own living hell.

lafever

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't believe in an afterlife or the supernatural, but I do believe in The Who!

Heaven is listening to a live version of Baba O'Reilly (with the original members...none of these Keith Moon stand ins will do!) for all of eternity. :cool: