Do you believe in miracles?

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I truly need a miracle to happen, everything has just seemed to go all downhill, I am just barely hanging on, I really need something to happen in my life I am sick and tired of just barely getting by, things are going well, but not really, I sometimes just want to give up. I am not even sure if I belive in miracles anymore. It seems all those that once cared about me really don't give a damn anymore. Do you believe in Miracles? Do you need a miracle in your life? I know I do.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't believe in miracles that are sent by God, but I do believe that things can happen which seem miraculous, that can turn your life around in one day. Keep hanging in there, we all have those times when it seems that it can't get any worse and then it does, it'll pass and you'll be glad you kept going.

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not one much for miracles myself, except for those you work for. But sometimes it does seem that things spiral out of control. I had an almost 10-year period where I realized that I was completely out of control, and had spun down to almost the last straw.

I never reached the point of being suicidal, but I didn't much care if I continued living or not. I operated almost on a death wish. Lots of booze, sex, and some recreational pharmaceuticals here and there. I was a typical stoned rock and roller who slept all day and played all night.

There's no one thing that I can point to that took me out of this death spiral, but all of a sudden I got the strength to fight back. Pretty soon, good things started to happen, but I never attributed them to miracles.

I had to leave the bad things and bad people behind. That was kind of the hard part, too, because some of those things felt real good. And I still have hankerings sometimes, but I know if I slip just once that I'll be going downhill again.

Naked Wally, hang in there, man. One thing you can say about life. It'll change.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Find someone else to help right away. Look on myspace groups or spca.Volunteer for meals on wheels. Go help someone else and it will all turn around.Find a way right now to help to end the suffering of others and it will be okay. Also see if you can watch The secret or read the book. There are a lot of families who are poor and have sick children can you give just one dollar to help them or a card or a personal visit at the hospital. There are lots brave little kids on myspace. Go to the nearest nursing home. They always need visitors and helpers.
You will feel so good and have lots of energy and it really will pan out.

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
I don't believe in miracles; I believe in myself. Have faith in your own ability to change shit and take care of business. Can't rely on other people and certainly can't rely on improbabilities. If your life sucks, fix it. If you're not strong enough to do that, fade away. Those are the only 2 options a person ever has. Nothing worth having comes easy.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I truly need a miracle to happen, everything has just seemed to go all downhill, I am just barely hanging on, I really need something to happen in my life I am sick and tired of just barely getting by, things are going well, but not really, I sometimes just want to give up. I am not even sure if I belive in miracles anymore. It seems all those that once cared about me really don't give a damn anymore. Do you believe in Miracles? Do you need a miracle in your life? I know I do.
I hear ya. Ive been there. One very important thing is that we are alive to see the bad times. Never forget the bad times. They will make the good times even better. Miracles? Yes. :smile:

M

Mr Ed in Mass

It's a miracle that I don't kill some of the fools that I work with!,sorry couldn't resist.

YES, I beleive in miracles.I see them every day.They don't have to be extremely large spectacles that are broadcasted around the world,just little events that changes someones life for the better.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

I tend to agree with Mr. Clarke's sentiment, categorizing miracles alongside magic in the realm of fantastically inexplicable (or difficult to explain) phenomena.

Events occur everyday that fall into this preserve. IMO, this is what makes life interesting enough to continue living. Imagine the completely pervasive boredom if existence were truly deterministic! Stick around...see what happens next.

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Find someone else to help right away. Look on myspace groups or spca.Volunteer for meals on wheels. Go help someone else and it will all turn around.Find a way right now to help to end the suffering of others and it will be okay. Also see if you can watch The secret or read the book. There are a lot of families who are poor and have sick children can you give just one dollar to help them or a card or a personal visit at the hospital. There are lots brave little kids on myspace. Go to the nearest nursing home. They always need visitors and helpers.
You will feel so good and have lots of energy and it really will pan out.

this post is pretty much spot on. however, nakedwally i must warn you that if you watch and enjoy the secret i will never respect you as a functioning adult.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I believe extraordinary occurrences over which no being has conscious control can happen, and over eternity 50% of those are likely to be extremely positive to someone is some way.
Synchronicity is born from chaos theory and probability has infinite variables, but none of it is related to God or religion.

aliveboi

Experimental Member
Media

I find this lifts my spirits when i'm feeling down.