Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Yes, Indiana clearly is a place where the earth is flat.

Indiana creationist bill passes committee | NCSE
January 26th, 2012

Indiana's Senate Bill 89, which if enacted would allow local school districts to "require the teaching of various theories concerning the origin of life, including creation science," was passed by the Senate Committee on Education and Career Development on January 25, 2012.
Guess only your opinion counts.

I'm not sure whether the legislatures of states such as Indiana are dumber because they believe in Creationism or because they think these ridiculous bills will pass Constitutional muster. It is truly an embarrassment on the US that greater than 50% of the population believes in creationism over evolution.
Constitutionally you can't back either view point with regards to public school.

It's really frustrating having so many of these folks around - I sometimes get myself in trouble by speaking up. I'm afraid I've lost some work by offering up what I thought was a reasonable retort to some of the crap I've heard. My elderly neighbor thinks only male landowners should be allowed to vote and you should go to debtors prison if you can't pay your bills. How's that for old school?
Sometimes old school is a benefit so take the good with the bad.

Only culturally.
Culturally? Have you ever been to Indiana? I grew up in a small town in Indiana and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Your almighty attitude is really disgusting and condesending. Every region of this country has it's own culture and what makes this country what it is.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Guess only your opinion counts.

Constitutionally you can't back either view point with regards to public school.

Sometimes old school is a benefit so take the good with the bad.

Culturally? Have you ever been to Indiana? I grew up in a small town in Indiana and I wouldn't give it up for anything. Your almighty attitude is really disgusting and condesending. Every region of this country has it's own culture and what makes this country what it is.

Geez. Overreact much?

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It's not that flat, what with the dunes, and all. I think south of Lafayette, it's uber flat and boring. But....that's just me.

/The earth is round, see; it's just a big old fountain in Jesus' living room.

It may be just you but read the attached and it may help you with the state. The southern third, south of Indy, is not flat. Actually if you have a chance visit the Shades State Park really a wonderful place.

How Glaciers Shaped Indiana | The Nature Conservancy

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Not sure about that. Both Indiana (1816) and Illinois (1818) abolished slavery by their constitutions. There may have been some slaves before Indiana became a state. And racism, while slowly dying, persists to this day.
Some individual southern sympathizers went to Kentucky to join up with the Confederates.

from Wikipedia:

Despite significant anti-war activity in the state and southern Indiana's ancestral ties to the Southern United States, it did not secede from the Union. During the course of the war, Indiana contributed approximately 210,000 soldiers and millions of dollars of equipment and supplies to the Union. Residents of Indiana, also known as Hoosiers, served in every major engagement of the war and almost every engagement—minor or otherwise—in the western theater of the war. Indiana, an agriculturally rich state containing the fifth-highest population in the Union and sixth-highest of all states, was critical to Northern success.

Northern Exclusion of Blacks

Indiana in the American Civil War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Here are some facts that people don't like to speak about.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/historic/files/ugrr_history.pdf

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It's In-dee-fuckin-ANA, man!

Hey. I happen to live in the Northwest corner of Indiana. Right near the State Line......

I don't claim Indiana, though. And Indiana Don't claim Me.

/I'm Na Hoosher. I feetchooa bar aLever2000 fyou cawme a Hoosher. I'm fm Shkahgou.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Hey. I happen to live in the Northwest corner of Indiana. Right near the State Line......

I don't claim Indiana, though. And Indiana Don't claim Me.

/I'm Na Hoosher. I feetchooa bar aLever2000 fyou cawme a Hoosher. I'm fm Shkahgou.
Oh never been south of Gary. Now I understand.