Do you believe?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by immi23, Apr 9, 2006.

1. immi23

immi23 New Member

In curses? This may sound silly, but I have a running string of bad luck.
    6 mos ago we went on strike for 13 cents an hour and what time to start in the morning.
    In November had a puppy develope glaucoma and had to have her eye removed because of the pressure.
    In december had a dog die from auto immune disease, had 2 blood transfusions in 8 days
    In december my Dad (adoptive) passed away
    In the last 6 months have had to replace my radiator, Battery, timing belt, axle.
    last month my kitchen roof developed a leak, called roofers, one fell thru ceiling into living room.
    Insurance came up with a whopping 300.00 for their part.
    car was stolen in February. and after 2 weeks 'Barney' from mayberry called to say he had had it for the last 10 days.
    Bmv screwed up and had to get it replated before It could be released
    March car was broken into and stereo was stolen, doors broken and generally trashed.
    25 march was in a wreck and car was totaled, me= 3 cracked ribs and concussion
    Found out another dog is allergic to something they cannot identify and is licking and chewing himself bald.
    Dog that had glaucoma last year now has it in her other eye almost overnight and is now blind.
    had a heart attack 2/24/06 and they dont know why. "No reason for it"
    Now I have been a long time believer in Karma but I also believe a person can make a difference but I am almost to the end of my rope
    Any ideas?

2. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Nope, but I do believe in Karma. The energy you give out comes back to you: good or bad.

3. Matthew

Gold Member

Maybe you're saving up Karma for something REALLY GOOD to come your way.

4. Chuck64

Gold Member

or not. :rolleyes:

5. immi23

immi23 New Member

I hope so. really am a nice guy:redface: . Just wondering cuz I had to evict a gypsy from my moms rental just before all this started

6. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    life: it's just one fucking thing after another

7. tallguypns

Gold Member

Albums:
    *slowly backing away from immi*
    I do not believe in gypsy curses, and neither should you
    *crosses fingers behind my back*
    you're just focusing on all the negative instead of the positives that happened as well
    *runs away without looking back*
    :tongue:

8. Webster

Webster New Member

If you can think of anything that you have said or done in your life that could be coming back to bite you on the ass (bad karma), you might try sitting down with a pen and paper (or on a computer) and writing it down. Then write out an apology for whatever it was. Also write out forgiveness towards anyone who has wronged you in the past. That helps to get rid of the bad karma.

Now for the good karma.
    I have worked wonders in my life by using positive affirmations to bring all kinds of good things into my life including true love, great friends, good health, a wonderful new job, a beautiful home, and enough money for all my needs.

The delightful star, Whoopi Goldberg, coined the phrase, "shit happens".

Well, you know that that is true. But, you can do things to keep it off from you.

Make a list of the problems in your life. Then, make positive statements about each one. Read the list of positive statements every day.

Examples: My dogs are healthy and happy. ( Don't say that they "will be". Say, they "are".)
    My car runs great!
    I have plenty of money for all my needs.

Maybe this sounds like hocus pocus. All I know is that it has worked miracles for me.

It's free.

Think of what you're doing now to fix your problems.
    How's that working for you?
    Maybe you'd like to try something different.

All good wishes for your success.

9. invisibleman

Gold Member

I think that things and people fall apart that's all. I don't think in terms of bad luck or good luck. I believe that we are God's entertainment. Life is comedy and tragedy. When things get really bad in my life, I try and make some good to compensate for the bad things. I will try and balance things out. You aren't alone in your troubles. Your father may not be here to love and watch over you. You can still remember the good things he taught you. You could be "the father figure" for yourself and maybe to someone else. You could go and spend some quality time with your ailing pet. Talk with it, feed it some delicious people food once in a while. Pets love to be held so give your dog some positive human touch.
    Prayer does help, too. I think that it is better to ride out and weather the storm. Everything shouldn't be so rosy all the time either. Bad things happen so that we may appreciate and make some better times. Bad things are times and situations that indicate that we need to do something positive to balance things out.

(People who vex curses under wrong intentions and circumstances get double whammy karmic reciprocity.) So no worries.

10. immi23

immi23 New Member

Just wanted to say thanx guys. things were/ are getting a little out of hand. but I think eventually I will be able to get a handle on it. It's just sometimes I need to vent.
    Like my dad always said " you had it all before.... Do it again"

11. Pappy

Pappy Member

Webster, I'm just asking a simple question here, ok?? Are you sure Whoopi coined that phrase?? I remember it from back in the late 60's early 70's. Not saying you're wrong, just asking if you're sure.

12. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

She no more coined it than I coined the phrase "I scream for ice cream". It's been a common piece of slang for decades. Could you imagine the royalties Whoopi would be getting if she had coined and copyrighted it, though? :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shit_happens

13. D_Claude Hopper

D_Claude Hopper New Member

Doesn't belief in curses require belief in the superstitious???

Oh wait.. I am.

14. madame_zora

Gold Member

I go through "my things are mad at me" sometimes. It never fails that when something is fucked up in your life, twenty more things will pile on top. When you're GOOD and overwhelmed, then you start actually doing things to make it worse, not even knowing.

I liked Webster's advice about making lists, that's what I do too, although they are usually mental lists now. For a lot of years I made physical lists, even the actual writing was part of the process. Try to think of every GOOD thing that's going on in your life right now as well. You're alive, you have some friends, you like your furniture, anything that is okay.

Also, remember stretches of time where you WEREN'T bombarded with problems and realise that over the course of a lot of time, there usually IS a recognisable balance. I don't believe in gypsy curses at all, I DARE one to fuck with me! I do believe in unfortunate timing, and the very human willingness to explain natural phenomena any way we can. That's all that's going on, don't go looking for ghosts- it will prevent you from finding real answers.

Best advice I can give- suck it up. The only reward you'll get is a stronger sense of self when it's (finally) over, but that's a pretty good gift. Oh, and feel free to come here and bitch to get it out of your system, we've all had our bad runs.

15. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I can't decide whether the universe has a real sense of humor or it just has a really dark way of having a good time.

16. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

You would make a terrible poker player.

17. Gisella

Gold Member

No, i dont believe in curses...

But i learn that trouble fases of life i got less stress if i go with the flow of things... knowing that "tommorrow" will be a better day make me hopeful...ok, after many tommorrows you may get bananas, but a better tommorrow will arrive for sure.

18. ceg1526

ceg1526 Member

The universe has a really warped sense of humor.

Immi: to remove the curse, take a pinch of salt, throw it over your left shoulder, click you heals together three times, then spin counterclockwise three times. Viola the curse is lifted.

If that doesn't work, try http://www.spellmaker.com/cleanseyou.htm. N
    ote that a purchase of spell kits (Lady Samantha's Hex Removal Kit, Deluxe Hex Removal Kit™, White Bath, Red Bath, or Lots-a-Luck™) now entitles you to an absolutely FREE "Sam and Matt's Mojo Goodie Bag!" The mojo goodie bag will contain a small altar cloth, two candle holders, incense burner, and a 14K Cross of Caravaca charm (a traditional charm used to strengthen magick of all kinds). You do not need to request this, it will be sent to you automatically with your order.

Take care

Ceg

19. GoneA

Gold Member

yeah, neither do i

:biggrin1:

20. immi23

immi23 New Member

who? me?

Draft saved Draft deleted