do you belive in reincarnation?

Because it's bollocks. :redface:
There's no evidence, and it seems totally illogical. Sorry. :frown1:

Sorry to be so dismissive btw - I'm sure many have convincing reasons for believing it, it's just that..I'm not really convinced by them, personally.

These concepts are human fabrications. They have no basis other than fancy or wishful thinking.
I'm in agreement with this really, I think there are far better explanations for things. Karma is interesting - but I think it's more to do with cause and effect than a living force of recompense or whatever...

Last edited by a moderator:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Only to the extent that if we did come back
.. as whatever
we are not going to be able to Prove, we were here formerly
.. as something else...ie Human' ha
enz

Axcess

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because it's bollocks. :redface:
There's no evidence, and it seems totally illogical. Sorry. :frown1:

Sorry to be so dismissive btw - I'm sure many have convincing reasons for believing it, it's just that..I'm not really convinced by them, personally.

I'm in agreement with this really, I think there are far better explanations for things. Karma is interesting - but I think it's more to do with cause and effect than a living force of recompense or whatever...
Nobody knows what happens when we die or if anything happens at all . There's not evidence for nihilism and eternalism or anything in between .

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
for some people..for example..Poodles in their past lives were all assholes..That's why they yap so much..in poodle talk.."oh my gawd..I'm a fuckin poodle..what the fuck are you lookin at??!!

Nobody knows what happens when we die or if anything happens at all . There's not evidence for nihilism and eternalism or anything in between .
It just seems pretty absurd and unlikely to me. :redface: If other people find it an interesting or comforting concept though, that's fine.

I think Karma is true to a certain extent - but only insomuch that your actions/the way you treat people, bring about certain responses in others.

curiousvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes I believe in karma and reincarnation. my understanding of these two terms are such and reasons why I choose to believe in them...even though they don't have any scientific backing

Karma- we reap what we sow. Do good deeds and we will find happiness, bad and only sadness follows. My reasons to believe this is that whenever I do something helpful or beneficial to someone I feel happy... that in its own way is a reward. Its logical to assume that being a generous, kind and loving person would give me more peace and happiness then being a selfish, cruel and inconsiderate person, which is essentially the karmic law.

Reincarnation- The soul never dies, It merely leaves the body and travels into another form/body. I believe this simply because I'd rather not think of death as " the end".. I personally prefer to romanticize that the soul lives on...I believe also that the human form is the gate to salvation from the endless circle of life and death. All this is religiously based and somewhat a fantasy really...But it hurts no one, so why not believe in a fantasy =P...Its more fun then thinking of death as a full stop.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i strongly belive in reincarnation and karma.....i wonder hov many of you belive in reincarnation and who would u like to be in next life?

No I don't believe in reincarnation.

Nor do I believe in Karma, However I do think inline with the fundamentals of karma to an extent.

This I believe falls inline- I do not believe in Fate, I act in free will creating my own life.

I use a term that I call a 'Karma check' this has nothing to do with actual Karma but I use it as a way to look back on bad a situation and learn from it, This will keep me grounded/ in-check in life for the future.

I see it as a way for letting me know that i've pushed the boundries and taking the piss out of life and need to be less selfish and think about people more important than just myself.

Actual example-

Last year I was running late for work as you do, driving to work in wet/icey conditions.
I decided to speed, jump a red light just to get to work on time. The result was that I got pulled over by the police.

They were checking out the car to see if it was all legal, which it wasn't. It had 4 bold tyres.

with this combination, this was enough to get me banned and possibly sent to prison and a good old fine.

The policeman gave me a reality check and let me off with not even a warning, fine etc.

This was my 'Karma check', I pushed the boundries, and was selfish, risking others.
They could see I was a good lad that was just being cocky with life, this was my chance to learn from it.

Next day, replaced the tryes.

I always use the 'Karma checks' to keep me inline.

---------

On a greater level I do believe that if you act in a certain way, think about others and put others before yourself then at some point in life you will reap the benefits.

Hopefully people will notice this good nature, and respond positively towards it. A friendly nice guy will be more fulfilled with life than one thats not.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Talk about reincarnation is simply a way of combining words that entertains the imagination of some people but has no determinate meaning. It is not even false. Nobody has the slightest idea of what it means to say that this person or animal is the reincarnation of that (deceased) person or animal, or has the same soul. I could just as intelligibly say that everyone is the incarnation of a number or a color or a word. I am reminded of what Captain Corcoran says in response to the obscure utterances of Little Buttercup in H.M.S. Pinafore: "Though I'm anything but clever, / I could talk like that forever."

Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I do, but the reasons I have are purely subjective and so I do not go around telling people it is any sort of fact. This is so of many types of mystical experience IME. They simply do not translate.