Do you care that you only have one ask section?

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
Ask a woman.

No ask a straight, gay, or bi woman. Just woman.

Does that bother you at all? Have you ever thought anything of it?

Nope, doesn't bother me. I think it would be a lot simpler for users and the mods alike if there was just a single Ask a Man section, honestly. Ask a Man, Ask a Woman, and Ask a Transgender Person. Simpler and then people wouldn't frequently run into problems with percentages and what not...

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Doesn't bother me.

There are only so many active women on the site. Keeping three sub-forums going would spread us fairly thin. Most of the questions asked can be answered by women anywhere on the sexual identity spectrum. I mean really, queer or straight, you can only answer "what do you think of my penis" so many times/ways.

ETA: +1 what Fade said about Ask a Man.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Doesn't bother me.

There are only so many active women on the site. Keeping three sub-forums going would spread us fairly thin. Most of the questions asked can be answered by women anywhere on the sexual identity spectrum. I mean really, queer or straight, you can only answer "what do you think of my penis" so many times/ways.

ETA: +1 what Fade said about Ask a Man.
Um, Mick? I haven’t asked you lately...what DO you think of my penis? I’ve had it upgraded to platinum status (had a bunch of extra points on MasterCard). I’ve had it polished, and put it on the bookshelf next to my Daryl bobble head.

I’d really like your opinion, please!!! (Didn’t post a pic cuz it’s bad form.)

Btw, one Ask a Woman is enough.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Plus One to what Fade said!

I swear over 50% of moderator actions deal with men posting in forbidden forums. Plus there's all that math: let's see, is he sufficiently gay or straight to qualify for Bisexual? It's just plain silly, but I know there are those who just don't want others muddying the waters, so to speak.

I like that there's only one Ask A Woman forum. Not only would there be more policework otherwise, but I'd forget where I was and get dinged myself!

But I do appreciate the restrictions on the forums. If you take a quick glance at the Women's Issues threads you'll find that there are roughly 12 times more men responding than women. This might reflect the demographics of the site, but having a man answer for us is simply maddening. "This is how you should feel!" Well, I don't.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Um, Mick? I haven’t asked you lately...what DO you think of my penis? I’ve had it upgraded to platinum status (had a bunch of extra points on MasterCard). I’ve had it polished, and put it on the bookshelf next to my Daryl bobble head.

I’d really like your opinion, please!!! (Didn’t post a pic cuz it’s bad form.)

Btw, one Ask a Woman is enough.

Daryl Dixon and Daryl Dickson? How could you go wrong?
Ms@LeFemme's peen is ML approved.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Doesn't bother me, tbh there doesn't seem to be enough questions asked here in ask a woman for it to warrant having sub categories.
Ain’t that the truth! When I’m bored and looking to post, I can’t find enough stuff to respond to!

Reactions: Holly Doors