Do you choke under pressure?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How do you repond to incredibly trying and difficult situations? Are you quick thinker on your feet and excell under pressure?

OR

Do you fall apart, perform poorly and let the pressure destroy you?

GayFrog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would say I perform well under pressure. When faced by difficulty the best solution prendre le taureau par les cornes (Take the bull by the horns). By falling apart it doesn't solve the problem it makes the situation worse. Big problems require big solutions, aux grands maux, les grands remèdes [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Private Eightball said:
Believe it or not, but under fire, Animal Mother can be a wonderful human being. All he needs is somebody throwing grenades at him 'til the end of his life.

without enemy fire i'm pretty useless.

D_Rosalind Mussell

Sexy Member
Media
I definitely perform better at my own speed, but I have to use visual reminders (lists of priorities, deadlines) to keep on pace. Without clear goals I'm useless. As far as pressure goes I can handle it to a certain extent, but if failure is imminent due to an excess of tasks to be completed I will regroup and ask for help. Too much pressure and I'm at risk of making errors, not enough pressure will make me aimless and bored. Of course, I'm talking about a work type situation here and I respond to pressure differently depending on the situation. Medical emergencies? Cool as a cucumber, tend to assume control of the situation. Major traffic and late for a meeting? Panic attack mode.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I handle pressure very well, but after it's over I become a shaking limp noodle

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When in a high-stress situation, I flip a sort of switch and go into a completely different mode: tightly focused, unusually decisive and (generally) very effective. However, in order to achieve this mode, I sacrifice any sense of feeling emotion in the moment; this is an artifact from my New England WASP background that was all about stiff spines and upper lips.

To my consternation and occasional embarrassment, these suppressed emotions come gurgling up like gassy bubbles at inopportune times and can be directed at inappropriate people. This form of dissociation/reintegration of emotion is by for my least attractive trait.