MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
some of us are human squirrels or a bipedal raven.
we see something shiny and have to have it. then four more to boot.
is there anything you collect?

my current collection insanities are succulent plants, flowering cacti and fox themed mugs.
in the past, i have collected comic books. panda such and such. yarn.
and always, i am a book collector. even when read i do not let them go.

40 years ago, comics. In recent years I have been selling them at impressive profit.
Also back then, SF paperbacks. Only a few favs remain.

Reactions: Wave85 and ronin001

Books. Cookbooks, fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, and historical fiction mostly. Lipstick and nail polish. Thought not necessarily always physical versions of them, video games. I want to say my video game collection is pushing 300 something at the moment. For the most part I really intensely dislike clutter and overall prefer minimal stuff. I don't so much keep any knick knack/whatever that doesn't get regularly used. I guess I collect stuff for cooking, but I use all of it regularly and don't have say, multiples of a particular object other than things that are typical (cutlery, plates, etc).

Reactions: Wave85 and ronin001

Matt_x

Legendary Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'd like to think I've collected many blessings over the last few months, though not really an animate object. I'm grateful for each and every one of them.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
some of us are human squirrels or a bipedal raven.
we see something shiny and have to have it. then four more to boot.
is there anything you collect?

my current collection insanities are succulent plants, flowering cacti and fox themed mugs.
in the past, i have collected comic books. panda such and such. yarn.
and always, i am a book collector. even when read i do not let them go.

No, not really. I've made a number of half-ass attempts over the years, but it was never anything I really got into. I don't think I ever finished even a single set of Happy meal toys.

I don't have much "stuff" to be honest. Excepting clothes, pretty much all of my possessions could fit into one suitcase.

Reactions: Wave85

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My husband claims it's merely a well-stocked music studio, but I quit counting after 30 guitars. His studio is not big enough to hold 30 people much less 30 guitarists all playing at the same time. OK, even if they played 3 or 4 guitars during a session you still wouldn't have room for the two drum kits, baby grand, two electric pianos, a Hammond organ and I have no idea what that thing is in the corner next to the accordion.

He collects musical instruments, pure and simple. Years ago he was asked to contribute some instruments for a charity auction. He gave them 12 guitars. I do not know where they came from because it didn't look like he had any fewer instruments than before. He's donated instruments to this same charity for years! I swear he's buying some just to give away so he doesn't have to touch his precious lot!

Reactions: ronin001 and EE2014

The sweetie collects guns. I don't know how many he actually has. Pistols, revolvers, shotguns, and rifles. He has been collecting them for years, in addition to some of them being for work. He also collects video games, kinda like I do. Some physical, some digital.

Wave85

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I kind of stopped collecting things - now I mostly collect people - not in a Silence of the Lambs kind of way - but in the surround yourself with those who make your life better kind of way

Reactions: EllieP

dlfellow

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Comic books!
Silver age to modern day(I'm picking up new releases every Wednesday)for almost 40 years(I'm 44 now)I love trading,searching,and talking about comics.
Right now my latest comic book obsession is getting the complete run of The Marvel Graphic Novel series that was released back in the 80's.

kewlkid75

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I collect die cast race cars back in the day. I do have some hot wheels cars....
I used to have a big collection of vinyl records, but my mom threw them out while i was in Navy Bootcamp....uuuggghh