Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Collecting vintage dresses and other garments from the 30's, 40's and 50's has been my money pit for the last year or so. I tend to be quite bad about going through phases of intense interest in specific things, and then I lose interest as the booty that I've collected grows to satisfying level. After that I move on to the next thing in line.

Reactions: Wave85

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
, a Hammond organ

OMG!! You have a Hammond organ?? Is it a B3?
My grandmother had a Hammond B3 organ complete with the vibrato. (which was a box half the size of the organ and almost as tall that contained a spinning disk with paddles (almost like a washer) under a giant speaker) I grew up playing on it. She sold it to a church, and it's still in use. They refuse to sell it to me, but they promised that if they do, they would call me first. But I've never seen another one. The sound from a B3 is famous!

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think I collect too much sometimes.

12 horses
11 classic cars, 2 antique
4 Roland keyboards
I have no idea how many comic books
RC trucks
Die cast cars

Worbla

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I collect anime pvc statues, though I refuse to let the collection outgrow the glass cabinet I have for them. So it's a restrained obsession.
I have a fairly healthy collection of art books.
Hmm, does hoarding digital content count? Nah...

Shit, I feel vanilla.
Why couldn't I be collecting ww2 bombers or insects in amber.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMG!! You have a Hammond organ?? Is it a B3?
My grandmother had a Hammond B3 organ complete with the vibrato. (which was a box half the size of the organ and almost as tall that contained a spinning disk with paddles (almost like a washer) under a giant speaker) I grew up playing on it. She sold it to a church, and it's still in use. They refuse to sell it to me, but they promised that if they do, they would call me first. But I've never seen another one. The sound from a B3 is famous!

He says it is a B3 with a Leslie. A Leslie? OK, but I haven't met her if she's there.

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The Leslie! That's what it's called. Been so long I couldn't remember. That's the big box speaker thing.

That thing is worth a small fortune to the right collector. It's sound is loved by everyone and used in almost all genre to some degree to this day. From gospel, to pop, to cheesy TV shows, and who knows what else. There were about 2 million made over the years, but they're hard to find now. I hope it's in good shape and it still works fine.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Leslie! That's what it's called. Been so long I couldn't remember. That's the big box speaker thing.

That thing is worth a small fortune to the right collector. It's sound is loved by everyone and used in almost all genre to some degree to this day. From gospel, to pop, to cheesy TV shows, and who knows what else. There were about 2 million made over the years, but they're hard to find now. I hope it's in good shape and it still works fine.

According to the man who knows, this one is a collector's item from the 60s that was once played by Booker T. Jones. I don't know what it's worth, but I do know the insurance rider for his studio is more than the house is worth.

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Themed coffee mugs , ephemera made of wood , rustic and seascape artworks in oil , nautical bits and pieces , silver ware , oriental style furniture and decorative items , and am about to start on duvet covers , and must not forget dragons and unicorns. That's about it . Everything is in storage right now , as i'm moving on soon ( as soon as i decide where ) , to somewhere peaceful , away from the crowds . As i get older , i crave serene surroundings , and things like my collections , that help my peace of mind . Ah ,... dogs , cats , chickens , maybe a horse or two , even a couple of goats perhaps , clean air , and just the sounds of nature . Yes , i will collect all that as well .

Reactions: deleted957600

I'm a lic builder...I never have a big enough shed.

I have stuff where even the dust that has settled on it has become valuable. Sometimes though, it becomes difficult to distinguish the difference between hoarder or collector.

I have learned if I throw something away...9 times out of 10, I'm gonna need it the day after.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deleted957600

Have a collection of framed posters and also a collection of clocks. Not so much into clocks anymore but I still have them.