Do you consider yourself "marriage material"?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I always thought the prime factor whether or not someone was "marriage material" was that he/she had a job and was financially capable of sustaining a house, home, kids, and all that material stuff needed for marriage.

....Or at least if the spouse came with a huge dowery.

PurpleThrillHammer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to think of picking a woman to propose divorce to. "Marriage is too risky. Will you be my ex-wife?" Then I'd be set by now. :tongue:

HAHA:biggrin1:
First marriage is for love
Second marriage is for money
I tell people I'm skipping my first marriage, and going right for the 2nd $$$ :rolleyes:

ck1x

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Reading all of the comments here gives one such a bleak outlook on the possibility of even getting married some day. I know that this is just a small perspective of what and how people see themselves. But it just goes to show that in this day and age, most people find it convenient to not be hitched at all.

D

deleted3782

Reading all of the comments here gives one such a bleak outlook on the possibility of even getting married some day. I know that this is just a small perspective of what and how people see themselves. But it just goes to show that in this day and age, most people find it convenient to not be hitched at all.
..and for those who don't want to be hitched, that is not bleak! :biggrin1:

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
Your title and your post ask very different questions.

Do I consider myself marriage material? Not much. I'm 49 years old and have never been married, so any woman who knows that much about me is going to see a big red flag waving over me. If I were divorced, with an ex-wife with whom I squabbled and a couple of kids who gave me terrible grief, I'm sure I would be a much more promising marital prospect.

What makes someone marriage material for me? Hard to say, since I've never met anyone who seemed like it to me. I imagine that the main things are (1) that we trust and respect each other and have a high regard for each other, (2) that we have common tastes and interests and get along well together, and (3) that we turn each other on sexually -- and probably in about that order of priority, though I consider all three requirements to be non-negotiable. I've never had a relationship that fully met more than two of those conditions.

Ohhhh i thought you was married.I can come out of my deep misery now!:smile:

Riven650

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Still trying to work that one out Tash ;o)

I've been married (just the once) for nearly 20 years, but I'm certain I'm not everyone's idea of marriage material!

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
Still trying to work that one out Tash ;o)

I've been married (just the once) for nearly 20 years, but I'm certain I'm not everyone's idea of marriage material!

Widowed twice,divorced twice.

One was a money mad ****
One was an addicted gambler to the tune of £176K +

and no,i don't like wedding cake............but i do LURVE the wedding night!:biggrin1: