Do you consider yourself "marriage material"?

DrStrangelove

Just Browsing
Media
While I'm definitely more marriage material than casual date/fuck material, I'm skeptical about the existence, much less the finding of someone so perfectly suited for me that I would allow them - or not just allow but genuinely welcome them - into my life in that capacity. I'm too set in my ways and blissfully content with my own company to compromise or suffer the intrusion of another.

In truth, I would probably be best defined as loner material.

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Awww, hopefully she smiled! You are both very lucky:biggrin1:

Oh yes. She's smiling alright (has nothing to do with the dose of big cock she got a couple of hours ago ;o) We're preparing a meal for our best friends who will arrive in an hour or so. I'm making prawn pakoras with mint chutney for a starter, MsR has made the desert (Kulfi with loganberry sauce), and is knocking up grilled courgette zuccini, dall and tandori chicken. I'm going to get some lettuce from the garden for a green salad. I'll hit them with daquiris when they arrive. Yeeha!:biggrin1: Wikkid!

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh yes. She's smiling alright. We're preparing a meal for our best friends who will arrive in an hour or so. I'm making prawn pakoras with mint chutney for a starter, MsR has made the desert (Kulfi with loganberry sauce), and is knocking up grilled courgette zuccini, dall and tandori chicken. I'm going to get some lettuce from the garden for a green salad. I'll hit them with daquiris when they arrive. Yeeha!:biggrin1: Wikkid!

Good for you two, I'm so very glad:biggrin1: Don't drink to much:tongue:

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Do I consider myself marriage material?
Absolutely!
I am a grade A slice of beef that just happens to be
thoughtful, aware, considerate, sexually ravenous and
adoring, knows how to manage homes and lifestyles and
attend to the wife. and enjoy it all. yup. have been mariage
material for a long time.
but i am told my 'hang-up' is that i am too picky. i could have been
married many times and had crap marriages and many divorces.
i won't do that. i am very true to who i am and i expect the same
in a wife. so...while i may be marriage material - and great marriage
material at that - i have yet to find the mrs. always looking though.

sxjTheFirst

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Considering the facts I have to say NO.
1. I am not really interested in marriage. I've never been in any kind of LTR.
2. I like space A LOT I don't even like to share rooms except for a day or two.
3. I had very bad role models as my family goes. Divorces and couples staying together for "show".
4. I like to be with friends (of the platonic variety) than with anyone whom I have romantic interests.

D_Felix the Bat

Experimental Member
Media
Well...I'm employed full time, have a valid driver's license, and all my teeth, so in my area, I am marriage material ! :biggrin1: Just don't know where I went wrong :confused: but I can relate to what others have said:

From Calboner:
"Do I consider myself marriage material? Not much. I'm 49 years old and have never been married, so any woman who knows that much about me is going to see a big red flag waving over me. If I were divorced, with an ex-wife with whom I squabbled and a couple of kids who gave me terrible grief, I'm sure I would be a much more promising marital prospect.

What makes someone marriage material for me? Hard to say, since I've never met anyone who seemed like it to me. I imagine that the main things are (1) that we trust and respect each other and have a high regard for each other, (2) that we have common tastes and interests and get along well together, and (3) that we turn each other on sexually -- and probably in about that order of priority, though I consider all three requirements to be non-negotiable. I've never had a relationship that fully met more than two of those conditions."

From exwhyzee:

"I'm not marriage material at all. I am difficult to get along with, headstrong, independent, aloof, apathetic, and I've lived so long by myself I doubt I could ever relearn how to share my life."

From $urly7:

"I think I just need to grow up!" If the right person came along, marriage, kids, etc i'd be all for it!

Last edited:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the idea of marriage material is a moving target. Marriage in order for it to work means WORK and the ability to compromise. There are some for whom this is not necessarily a priority. THere is a term for them out there. They are called "Quirky Alones".

blooeyz

Sexy Member
Media
Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Reading all of the comments here gives one such a bleak outlook on the possibility of even getting married some day. I know that this is just a small perspective of what and how people see themselves. But it just goes to show that in this day and age, most people find it convenient to not be hitched at all.

Getting married is easy, it's staying married that's difficult

freyasworld

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your title and your post ask very different questions.

Do I consider myself marriage material? Not much. I'm 49 years old and have never been married, so any woman who knows that much about me is going to see a big red flag waving over me. If I were divorced, with an ex-wife with whom I squabbled and a couple of kids who gave me terrible grief, I'm sure I would be a much more promising marital prospect.

What makes someone marriage material for me? Hard to say, since I've never met anyone who seemed like it to me. I imagine that the main things are (1) that we trust and respect each other and have a high regard for each other, (2) that we have common tastes and interests and get along well together, and (3) that we turn each other on sexually -- and probably in about that order of priority, though I consider all three requirements to be non-negotiable. I've never had a relationship that fully met more than two of those conditions.

well said, I think marriage should be outlawed, we should have contracts if we so want, that are renewable, marriage is slavery for some, hell on earth for others, me I do as I please! what

is it 1in2 ends in divorce bitterness and acrimony!

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the idea of marriage material is a moving target. Marriage in order for it to work means WORK and the ability to compromise. There are some for whom this is not necessarily a priority. THere is a term for them out there. They are called "Quirky Alones".

Sadly, I have to agree naughty. But I think the only thing that separates the 'Quirky Alones' from the 'marriage material', is the conviction the quirky alones have that they, A) don't understand the rules B) are not attractive, rich enough, big cocked enough, blah, enough, etc. You have to believe enough in something in order to believe it's worth working for. That belief is not a firm, fixed, solid thing. It can be destroyed very easily. We should nurture people who's self belief has been damaged. I don't know about you, but my self belief is a bit fragile.

Last edited: