Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I only ever take care of the bits around my side-burns, or shaving off the straggly bits of hair at the back of my neck that grow after a while. I really try to avoid getting my hair cut as much as possible! Maybe it's 'cause I'm a guy, but I really do hate going to get it cut. I hate having to explain what I want, when I don't really know, and I hate having to make smalltalk with a stranger who's got their hands all over my head.

I'm a weirdo, but this isn't new information.

monstro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I cut my own. Usually get better results, because I know exactly how I want it to look. Although it's going through a weird phase now because I'm trying to grow it out.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I only ever take care of the bits around my side-burns, or shaving off the straggly bits of hair at the back of my neck that grow after a while. I really try to avoid getting my hair cut as much as possible! Maybe it's 'cause I'm a guy, but I really do hate going to get it cut. I hate having to explain what I want, when I don't really know, and I hate having to make smalltalk with a stranger who's got their hands all over my head.

I'm a weirdo, but this isn't new information.
Amen.

I've been putting it off for a couple of months now and I've now got a bowl on my head like friggen Paul McCartney.

Yes i do,i've been doing it for years,i just cut my hair three weeks ago,i did a pretty good job,too :biggrin1:.

sskittles

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't trust a lot of people to cut it. I would let a friend because she knew what I'd like even if I didn't know what I'd want.. but I don't live near her anymore so I'm cutting my own hair... then I wear put it up until I can convince a friend to fix the ends when I goof..

I'm not big into the small talk the hair dressers come up with either...

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Last time I had my hair cut by a pro they started spraying me with some sort of smelly product without my permission and I immediately had to go home and take a shower. Without the smelly product the cut looked horrid.

I don't trust my locks to anyone anymore and arrange them myself as a tokonoma dedicated to my patron deity.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The last time I tried to cut my own hair I was about 8 years old and it was a disaster. I've been going to a professional ever since.
I think it's great that you can do your own... I'm too afraid !

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I do. It gets rid of the gray.

:eek: I think that style looks great on you....but it's not for me. I like having hair!

I can't remember ever cutting my own hair.

..........I'm a weirdo, but this isn't new information.
True enough. :tongue:

I feel EXACTLY the same! I'd (almost) rather go to the dentist.
Really?! I love having my hair cut. For me it's a pampering treat and I always feel great after having my hair done.

I've been putting it off for a couple of months now and I've now got a bowl on my head like friggen Paul McCartney.
Is this you?:cool:

Attachments

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Really?! I love having my hair cut. For me it's a pampering treat and I always feel great after having my hair done.

The best part is when they take you back to those high pressure sinks and do the shampoo/conditioner. I love having my hair played with, so that is always awesome, especially if the hair dresser is hot. :tongue:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The best part is when they take you back to those high pressure sinks and do the shampoo/conditioner. I love having my hair played with, so that is always awesome, especially if the hair dresser is hot. :tongue:
That's why I get my hair shampooed and blown out every week. The guy who does my hair is as cute as a button and he wears tight pants and rubs up against me while he is shampooing and blowing me (I mean my hair).

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

I love it when they apply the conditioner and massage my scalp. So relaxing. Unless it's someone with 'wet lettuce' fingers and they just end up tickling my scalp. I like a firm fingered massage.

No, I'm far too lazy. Plus, the girl who cuts it is quite hot. :)

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I went to Greek Andy's, a barber's shack down a side-street in a rough part of town for a buzz-cut every two weeks for about 15 years. At first I was under the impression my gay friends were going there regularly too, but it turned out they'd tried it once and never been back. The clientelle were labourers, taxi-drivers, black dudes getting lines and patterns cut into their hair (it was the 80s/90s) and me, the token gay. The blokey small-talk about sports and cars and women didn't bother me once I'd adjusted, (lol, you should have heard them fantasising about Martina Navratilova!) but those line-jobs could take ages and sometimes it would be over two hours waiting time. I eventually realised I could buy a set of clippers for the price of a hair cut and save myself a lot of time. I do kind of miss my time with the guys though.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
That's why I get my hair shampooed and blown out every week. The guy who does my hair is as cute as a button and he wears tight pants and rubs up against me while he is shampooing and blowing me (I mean my hair).

Sadly I don't get haircuts all that often. I'm not even sure when my last haircut was. :tongue: But the scalp massage once a week would be nice!

I love it when they apply the conditioner and massage my scalp. So relaxing. Unless it's someone with 'wet lettuce' fingers and they just end up tickling my scalp. I like a firm fingered massage.

Firm fingered massage eh? Excuse me while I take that out of context. :drool:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You folks are making me feel positively antisocial! Ftr the men in my life will not let me cut their hair, not even my kids. It's not one of my talents.

And they all have different professionals they prefer. It is definitely a good thing in their books to be lathered and anointed and all the trimmings. And others in my family have become professionals in the hair business.

accemb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm sure that if I did, I'd look like an accident victim. I have a lovely lady barber right down the street.