Do you discriminate at work?

Doranq

Legendary Member
Media
Nope. Then again I've never put much thought in it. As long as everyone is doing their job then all is good.

That said I could see myself being more lenient with someone that has a great personality rather than someone that has a bad personality.

:| some people aren't smart. That's not their fault, not everyone can be smart. BUT some of those people that aren't smart.. are some of the most kind, awesome, and fun people to be around.
This is only talking from a view as not owning the business.

Owning the business I'd be a lot more strict in with both productivity and personality. Joe is a good worker and he is a good guy. Maybe he has had 2 off days, that's fine, I'll let it go. But if he keeps having more off days than good days.. then he has to go. If joe is an asshole... he'd of been gone long before those bad days even happened.

I couldn't give 2 fucks if joe prefers suckin' pecker or lickin' punanny. As long as he's a nice person, does his work, follows the rules then all is good. Same applies to Susy. I don't care that she's a woman or what her race is :\.

Reactions: Exbiker
M

Mr Ed in Mass

I held no position of authority but I use to discriminate at work. If you were a total asshole or fucking moron, you didn't get much of my time.

Reactions: 6inchcock

Baoka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Kinda indifferent to the whole concept. Most people I have met respect some form of private and public boundaries. Surprisingly enough "don't ask, don't tell" is public policy regardless of sexuality. Do I work with and for people with other sexualites? Yes. Does it ever come up in a way I have to acknowledge? No. It just doesn't matter. Granted, I may start handing out condoms, we'll see.

In private conversations, no. Just no. I'll shut women down too. I don't want to talk about dating men or attractive men or men's underwear.

As for what other people do, that's on them. I only support people's right to choose as long as there are alternatives. For good reason too. If someone didn't want to serve me, I wouldn't want them to. What kind of insane person would let someone that hates them, even secretly, handle their food, possessions, or health?

canuck_pa

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Although this thread is directed to hetero men I would like to respond.
I'm totally out but its not something I discuss at work because its no one's business but mine and has no effect on my work. But if the subject comes up I don't hide that I'm gay.
I've worked with some amazing people and some incompetent jerks, men, women, gay, straight.
Laws against discrimination mean nothing. There's all kinds of reason's given to not hire or promote someone without using the race, sexual orientation card or age.
One company I worked for was looking for a new person. One guy interviewed was not hired because the boss said "I think he's gay and we already have one (me)". I was shocked by the response especially because the boss was one of the people I thought was amazing. I can understand completely if someone decides to not reveal their sexuality. Other than its no ones business, you never know how you're co-workers will react or it there's a hidden agenda or if a new boss comes in that is a bigot.

Reactions: hunghorse30

kevin91

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I need to be honest, I discriminate by race. Asians are superior in my eyes and will always be picked before white or black. Sorry. lol

D

deleted957094

my office manager is a young gay man, and he and his fiance have became good friends of mine. so no, not at all.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have made judgement calls on assigning persons based on their gender or outward sexual natures. I have assigned men to work night shifts over women if i know that person ( woman ) would have to walk the streets after midnight to get to public transportation. I have assigned men to work in long term Prison related construction projects, Not that a woman could not do it; but just as a precaution; because I saw the potential for harassment.

Over all as there was always lots of work, everyone carried an equal work load and received equal pay. But for the sake of safety I have made gender / orientation decisions

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have made judgement calls on assigning persons based on their gender or outward sexual natures. I have assigned men to work night shifts over women if i know that person ( woman ) would have to walk the streets after midnight to get to public transportation. I have assigned men to work in long term Prison related construction projects, Not that a woman could not do it; but just as a precaution; because I saw the potential for harassment.

Over all as there was always lots of work, everyone carried an equal work load and received equal pay. But for the sake of safety I have made gender / orientation decisions

We don't do night shifts. However, my office manager (a woman) and I have made accommodations in terms of parking and work hours for women in the office, and she is very proactive in warning young women about the dangers of walking alone in our fair city. However, these things are more-or-less outside of the actual job.

I will admit that I have private conversations with myself about what type of person I want for our "team" when we have an opening. I don't base a hiring decision entirely on the resume and official qualifications. I put a lot of emphasis on personality type and personality fit with the type of work we do and the people we work with.

Reactions: ronin001

Jjz1109

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What does that mean?

Finding blacks and whites to pick from in South Korea, if you were to actually wish to make an attempt to not discriminate.

I would have that you would have gotten that, given your superiority and all. Sorry. Lol.

kevin91

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Finding blacks and whites to pick from in South Korea, if you were to actually wish to make an attempt to not discriminate.

I would have that you would have gotten that, given your superiority and all. Sorry. Lol.
I thought you spoke in general if there's any black or white people to choose from. I also think that we should replace English with Korean. lol.