Do you dream in color?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I think I always have. My brother says he never dreams in color.

What about you? Pleasant ones, nightmares, wet dreams?

awellhungboi: I always dream in color. Don't really have nightmares, though. Or wet dreams, although I frequently have very explicit sexual dreams.

I've had experiences with lucid dreams, though. As a kid I used to sleepwalk a lot--still do occasionally.

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Colours for me too... I payed a lot for this system, but it works... even during nightmares. I never lose transmission, colours, noo... during wet-dreams (I need one !!!!), it's even more acurate, I can see all the juicy details...

wvalady1968: I dream in color.

I also often have dreams where I'm flying. I'm on an area of high ground from which I just "take off".

It isn't scary. I usually think, "Whoa, cool! I'm gonna fly."

jackinman: Yea I always dream in color, I've had pleasants one and I've had a few nightmares all in living color.

dfox7.3x5: I dream in color. Just last night I drempt I was back in my hometown walking down a main street. I looked up at the marquee of a movie theater, and the name was outlined in orange neon. (And that's really the way it looks).

gigantikok: I dream in color and have all sorts of bizarre dreams.

In fact, I've only ever met one person who said they could only dream or THINK, for that matter, in black and white and grays.  

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
[link=http://www.emory.edu/COLLEGE/HYBRIDVIGOR/colorpsych.htm]Here[/link] is an analysis on dreaming in color.  Some of the information's pretty self-explanatory or easily associated, but I found it interesting that, for those who don't dream in color, it just means that that part of the brain (color interpretation/processing) is "inoperative," or down.

Any particularly scary dreams?

I could never shake this one:

It took place in a dark museum, poorly lit.  Only a few sun rays could dart through the thick clouds looming over the building.  Everyone had their faces down, gray complexions.  The men wore hats shielding their crowns and mothers and daughters held their hands.  It felt so incredibly cold.  I vividly remember a close-up shot of a little girl; she had black ringlets around her eyes and she tucked her face into her father's coat.  He rested his hand on her shoulder, flat.

The scene jilted forward when the curator pulled on several chains connected to the ceiling.  Faces raised, but only the chins were visible; the rest of the faces were shadowed.  A skylight slowly opened, a contraption making a piercingly metallic screeching -- like rusted gears and jagged wires grinding into them.

Sharp wires bounded my wrists and hands together.  Blood trickled down my fingertips and arms.  Droplets spilled off of my toes and landed on the ground beneath me with a resounding plop -- like the leaky roof falling into a half-filled bucket.

I was naked and screaming loudly, my body writhing in pain.  I'm pleading; I'm begging for help!  I'm begging for them to release me.  I didn't do anything!  All the commotion, I'm swinging wildly in my bondage, kicking, flailing.  The curator pulled more chains and several vents opened, releasing this piercing cold draft rushed in through the open passageway.  It's freezing.  Ice begins to form at my feet.  I looked down and could only see these lifeless figures smiling at me, even while I shriek.  

My body froze over from the cold air, silencing me.  I'm trying to shake the ice off of me, but I succumb to it.  

I can't move.  I'm on display.  I force vision through the ice layers and all I see are these dead, unsympathetic faces.  They're studying my pain and my agony.

The camera pans to my face.  Have you ever breathed on a cold glass window, making your own breath visible?  That's what I saw -- the breath grew and grew bigger on the ice cage.

The ice shattered all over the place.  My hands, shredded terribly from the wire, splattered blood droplets onto the denizens below, and I fell, fell, fell... in slow motion.  

My body softly glowed in the cold light that filtered through the museum.  When my body turned -- I plunged head down initially, but somehow I managed to fall with my back toward the floor -- a strong gust blew upward, blowing my locks all about, and I closed my eyes and screamed, NO!

[In very few instances have I ever awakened from a dream so violently!]

This reminiscence brought to you by [link=http://www.evanescence.com/]Evanescence's latest single release, "Going Under."[/link]
  So, go on and scream        
  Scream at me.                    
  I'm so far away.                  
  I won't be broken again!
  I've got to breathe,
  I can't keep going under!

7x6andchg: I usually dream in color. The only notable exception I can remember is a nightmare I had some time ago about being in a car going off a cliff...with a stuck seatbelt. For some reason that one was in B&W

7x6&C

inquiringmind: Hi,
I dream in muted color. or perhaps many of my dreams occur in shaded locations. I have dreamed of flying up and above city scapes and awakened remembering in great detail places I know I have never been before and months later seeing those places. I also have dreamed on a number of ocassions events as they were simultaneously happening... (twilight zone theme) My scariest recuring dream is driving down a road into a heavily wooded park at twilight and slowly running out of gas. I hear a noise and up on a hill facing me coming out from behind a grove of trees I see a very large wild boar as large as a bull with glowing red eyes who is snorting tusks curled. He locks eyes with and begins to run straight toward me ... at that point i always wake up hot sweating and out of breath... What would Freud say about that one? Humm?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=inquiringmind link=board=99;num=1064149754;start=0#11 date=10/21/03 at 05:54:55]... What would Freud say about that one? Humm? [/quote]

He'd say your Mommy was pissed at you for leaving your dirty underwear on the floor again.

inquiringmind: Pecker,
How can so much foolishness dwell in the body of a seriously grown man? You crack me up! By the way, how did you know? :D

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
inq, I know because my mommy has red eyes, too, but in my really scary dreams she looks like my ex-wife.

Pecker

(Error #1511: Brain Offline.)

ORCABOMBER: Dee, damn, that's horrible!

I dream in colour, I love the wet ones, I swear my dream-self is getting laid more than I am! Grrrrr!

I tend to dream about re-mixes of real locations, all combined, but making complete and utter sense.

inquiringmind: Orca,
You are having Post Modern dreams now?

Inquiring mind

Tender: i dream in color.
dont remember ever dreaming in B/W.
i occasionally have very freaky dreams like was described by Dee.
i do have sexual dreams...
usually my dreams though are just a bunch of ramble stuff that makes no sense. cant remember half of what they are.
but i do dream about people from high school or others i havent seen in a long time.
have dreams of flying, yes.
have dreams of having my teeth pulled??
and dreams of peeing.
and dreams of going shopping without my clothes!!
so, now you all know my mind is shot lol!
never figured it out....
:D
Tender

ORCABOMBER: [quote author=inquiringmind link=board=99;num=1064149754;start=0#16 date=10/21/03 at 11:58:07]Orca,
You are having Post Modern dreams now?
[/quote]
Probably. Well, more like knowing that the canal over "there" should be over "there" even though it looks fine where it is, and the railway station should not be at the bottom of "that" hill...

I do get a lot of dreams about my old estate and railways though. Very strange.

----
Tender, are you sure you're not dreaming about the real world? Well, besides the teeth, flying and nudity anyway... ;)

Tender: dream in 3-D?
i thought everyone did? i do....

ok Orca are you SURE you arent dreaming a win at monopoly?
:D
Tender

bblumbee: I dream in color and have very vivid and detailed dreams. My dreams often times become realities as well.

bb