Do you drive an iconic car?..

No way I'm letting her go for such inferior replacements. :wink:
In all seriousness, the 350z never held a candle to the Z32TT, not even an unmodified model. The 370 does a better comparison, particularly in handling, but I still go with the Z32..the car was a tamed beast by design, severely de-tuned for the consumer market (and very easily awakened by dialing in higher boost)...but more than that, it's just an effin' gorgeous design that the succeeding Z models have fallen short of.
Lol! :biggrin1:

The 370 is apparently a bit cruder than the 350, and not as sweet - I agree tho, not particuarly in the 'affordable supercar' genre - more Audi TT competitors, I guess. They do look slightly blancmange - but I still kinda like 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Nice. Quite similar in style to the Supra of the same period.

350/370z next? Or a classic 240z? :D

The old-style A4 is cool. :) Isn't the suspension a bit rock-hard for US tastes tho?

Not mine though, Born in Germany and lived all over the world. I know how a car should handle!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Some people have got some seriously deluded ideas about what makes a car iconic....A Nissan?,GOOD GRIEF!!!
You've authored a lot of utterly retarded opinions here in the past, but are you suggesting the Z somehow doesn't qualify as iconic? Do you even understand what the term means?

S

superbot

You've authored a lot of utterly retarded opinions here in the past, but are you suggesting the Z somehow doesn't qualify as iconic? Do you even understand what the term means?
Don't patronize me.I understand the term alright,do you? Care to say what retarded opinions exactly? Your sort are never that tolerant of opinions that are not your own,to which I would say "tough tits!"..Methinks you believe you own sense of self importance in the oddball world you inhabit!

Last edited by a moderator:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Don't patronize me.I understand the term alright,do you? Care to say what retarded opinions exactly? Your sort are never that tolerant of opinions that are not your own,to which I would say "tough tits!"..Methinks you believe you own sense of self importance in the oddball world you inhabit!
Here's the problem with nitwits like you...you're under the deluded impression that all subjects of discussion are matters of opinion and that all opinions carry equal validity. Somewhat understandable, given the pervasive stupidity of the general culture, but wrong nonetheless.

That the Z is an iconic car isn't a matter of opinion, mine or otherwise. It's a reality supported by quantifiable facts:
First introduced in 1969, more than two million models of the Datsun/Nissan Z cars have been sold in 80+ countries to date, easily making it the most popular sports car in automotive history. Some of the most active and long-lived online communities are devoted the Z. In North America alone, there is a Z Car Club Association of more than 100 regional clubs whose purpose is for Z enthusiasts to meet and interact. Then there's the performance aspects of the cars to consider...Nissan has enjoyed a lot of success in the SCCA/IMSA racing circuits with the Z's. The twin-turbo Z32 dominated the GTS-1 class so badly in the early 90s that the governing IMSA changed their rules in 1995 to disallow the use of forced-induction engines.

So let's see...been around a long time, devoted following of owners and enthusiasts, won lots of professional races, sold more than any other sports car ever...yeah, I'd say the Z is pretty fucking iconic.

While you're certainly entitled to your opinion to the contrary because it's a Nissan, the facts plainly illustrate otherwise...which makes your opinion retarded. Class dismissed.

D_Gerald Joybone

Account Disabled
Media
Yeah but the twin turbo z was the last good one they made, the 350 and 370 are junk made on junk platform. I wouldnt call it the most popular sports car in history, personally i think, and im a german car lover, the vette is the most iconic and popular sports car ever follwed by the 911 but the Z would no doubt be in my top 10 (somewhere under the GTI)

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wouldnt call it the most popular sports car in history, personally i think, and im a german car lover, the vette is the most iconic and popular sports car ever follwed by the 911
Then you'd be wrong. No other car in the world has the sales record of the Z. That isn't my opinion...that's a fact. You may favor any other car you like, but the actual numbers put the Z on top.

DH drives a 1986 (or 87) nissan 300zx with the t tops and twin turbo, manual of course and a 2+2. His greatest love. LOL!
Another Z widow... :biggrin1:

So you know, you have either the year or the configuration mistaken. The twin-turbo Z didn't appear until the second half of the 1990 model year, and it was never offered in the USA in a 2+2 configuration.

S

superbot

Here's the problem with nitwits like you...you're under the deluded impression that all subjects of discussion are matters of opinion and that all opinions carry equal validity. Somewhat understandable, given the pervasive stupidity of the general culture, but wrong nonetheless.

That the Z is an iconic car isn't a matter of opinion, mine or otherwise. It's a reality supported by quantifiable facts:
First introduced in 1969, more than two million models of the Datsun/Nissan Z cars have been sold in 80+ countries to date, easily making it the most popular sports car in automotive history. Some of the most active and long-lived online communities are devoted the Z. In North America alone, there is a Z Car Club Association of more than 100 regional clubs whose purpose is for Z enthusiasts to meet and interact. Then there's the performance aspects of the cars to consider...Nissan has enjoyed a lot of success in the SCCA/IMSA racing circuits with the Z's. The twin-turbo Z32 dominated the GTS-1 class so badly in the early 90s that the governing IMSA changed their rules in 1995 to atc etcdisallow the use of forced-induction engines.

So let's see...been around a long time, devoted following of owners and enthusiasts, won lots of professional races, sold more than any other sports car ever...yeah, I'd say the Z is pretty fucking iconic.

While you're certainly entitled to your opinion to the contrary because it's a Nissan, the facts plainly illustrate otherwise...which makes your opinion retarded. Class dismissed.
The most popular sports car in automotive history is the Mazda MX5!.. You clearly haven't the remotist notion of what the word iconic means.If you were to apply your 'rule of thumb' then the Toyota Corolla would be number one,it has very little to do with numbers sold.As far as cars are concerned it's to do with styling and the image they represent particularly uniqueness.Iconic cars in (recent) history are;VW Beetle,Mini,Citroen 2CV,Landrover/Range Rover,Jeep,Mustang,Jaguar E-Type,Fiat 500,etc etc.The fact that the Z thing has a owners club and won lots of races means what exactly? Nearly all makes of car are raced and have an owners clubs,there is a hugely popular Ford Mondeo club for crying out loud,but no one would put that in the same class as an E-type!! Believe me,if you were to go onto the street and poll 500 people there ain't no way is anyone going to nominate ANY Nissan,nor a Passat as someone else suggested.What you clearly lack is subjectivity,just because it maybe your favourite car doesn't make ICONIC!!

D_Gerald Joybone

Account Disabled
Media
Your straight foolish if you think the Z isnt an icon. And i might be wrong but i thought the 2+2 only came with the flat 6 cyl in it, my friend joey had one that was twin turbo but he did a swap with a JDM twin turbo motor. And no the passat isnt iconoic but the GTI is.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Your straight foolish...

Like I mentioned earlier, this guy has a history of such foolishness...so I'm not at all surprised by his continued retarded obstinacy.

I've more than sufficiently made my points for a reasonable audience. I'm not at all inclined to belabor the matter solely on account of this asshat, and I would encourage others to follow suit.

And i might be wrong but i thought the 2+2 only came with the flat 6 cyl in it, my friend joey had one that was twin turbo but he did a swap with a JDM twin turbo motor.

In North America, the 2+2 was only offered as a naturally-aspirated V6...however, in the Asia-Pacific market, the 2+2 had the twin-turbo engine. In the aftermarket, there are a handful of folks who have done an NA -> TT conversion, both on the 2+0 and 2+2 models, so it's not unheard of to see a 2+2TT in the states...just really rare.

Last edited: