Do you ever get naked with other men in your culture?

wowitsbetter

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As a guy born and raised in Japan, where we have many public bathhouses and hot springs (onsen) and are quite accustomed to getting naked with others, I am curious how it is in other cultures.

Do guys in your culture expose their dicks when other guys are around (like in gym showers) or completely avoid that? What about with close friends?
You can also ask me if you want to know more about Japanese onsen culture!

RamblingCock

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Men in my culture don't typically get naked with casual friends, unless you're at the gym, etc.
My best male friend and I have been nude around each other a significant number of times ranging from skinny-dipping together at his bachelor party, to frequent chats with just us in my back yard jacuzzi.

As I've blogged about on the my The Rambling Cock blog, we recently took this to a whole new level after a period of estrangement. It's usually men who are very close who feel relaxed enough to go casually nude around each other. (Sadly, as it's a wonderfully bonding experience.)

Onsen culture is something I wish we had here in the States, but the puritanical people in our culture would be mortally offended and insist it is purely sexual. (They're the same ones who see even simple nudity as sexual.)

I'd love your insights into Onsen, not only the experience but what you feel it has contributed to your personal health and societal culture.

new2day

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Used to be quite common with most gyms and post sport showers being the open gang style, hang your towel and walk naked into the showers with others. These have mostly disappeared now, replaced with cubicles and very smelly individuals who don't shower at all.

I've been to saunas, hot springs, nude beaches and onsen on a visit to Japan and loved them. There's definitely a feeling of freedom and camaraderie of being naked around others. I feel that many young people have missed out on this basic freedom.

hardonistic

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
nah my environment where I grew up was pretty conservative so nope, even to change clothes into our sports kits we would go into cubicles.

I've spent time on exchange in japan and I loved how nonchalant and freeing the onsen experience is, especially with my jap classmates. When you go to onsens or bathhouses anywhere other than japan there is still this conservative nature that's lacking.

I guess cause the japs are so used to it since young it feels like the most normal thing ever when you get there. Can't wait to go back when covid dies down

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
nah my environment where I grew up was pretty conservative so nope, even to change clothes into our sports kits we would go into cubicles.

I've spent time on exchange in japan and I loved how nonchalant and freeing the onsen experience is, especially with my jap classmates. When you go to onsens or bathhouses anywhere other than japan there is still this conservative nature that's lacking.

I guess cause the japs are so used to it since young it feels like the most normal thing ever when you get there. Can't wait to go back when covid dies down

Please do not use the term " Japs." It is a disgusting slur.

hardonistic

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Please do not use the term " Japs." It is a disgusting slur.

uhhh my grandmother is literally japanese, I don't think we use it as an offensive slur on this side of the world. Might be an american slang thing on your side.

[edit] yup googled it and it seems to be an american anti-japanese slur after the pearl harbour attacks. I can assure you that having grown up half my life in asia and japan none of us have ever seen it as a slur though. That being said I'll probably stop using it on lpsg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
uhhh my grandmother is literally japanese, I don't think we use it as an offensive slur on this side of the world. Might be an american slang thing on your side.

[edit] yup googled it and it seems to be an american anti-japanese slur after the pearl harbour attacks. I can assure you that having grown up half my life in asia and japan none of us have ever seen it as a slur though. That being said I'll probably stop using it on lpsg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

Thank you very much.

wowitsbetter

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thank you for sharing your interesting experiences!

Well, actually it's not like all of us Japanese are completely used to and feel nothing about getting naked (though I wrote that way in the first post haha). There are many of us who feel awkward when taking off clothes. Some guys always cover their genitals with towels in public baths. I myself have sometimes felt embarrassed (is this the right word?) to expose my cock, depending on the situation (how old I was then, who I was with, how clear we could see each other in that place, etc...) But that is the fun part of it. Various emotions and memories are breaking out in public baths here!

As for the word "Jap", I personally do not feel attacked or offended to hear it, (partly because I am not a native speaker of English), but actually most of us Japanese people know (or think) that the word has often been used discriminatively. So I agree that you should avoid using it :) I appreciate the advice and understanding shown above!

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... yup googled it and it seems to be an american anti-japanese slur after the pearl harbour attacks. I can assure you that having grown up half my life in asia and japan none of us have ever seen it as a slur though. Thats being said I'll probably stop using it on lpsg.

That would be advisable. Do so, unless you are hoping to be reported to be a racist.

A/B

Last edited:
Reactions: ronin001

oz.guy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my upbringing, we were taught to hide our bodies, nudity was considered shameful and embarrassing. This results in self consciousness and being very uncomfortable being naked. I believe it is wrong and damaging. I know others who are more comfortable due to more open upbringing and involvement in team sports where shower rooms resulted in more exposure and experience so they get used to it. In Australia now, most change rooms are built to support modesty and hiding ones naked self continuing body shaming.

bgzez

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
It's normal in communal showers, locker rooms etc., although some guys are shy to get completely naked.
Other than that I can't think of a nude situation with another bloke, unless it's sexual or at a nude beach.

I did spend some time naked with two of my friends when we were on a holiday together. It was so hot that we slept naked many nights, we walked around the flat in the nude after showering/swimming etc.

Uncle Albert

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've got no problem getting naked with people I feel comfortable with. My only issue is that whenever I use showers regardless of public or personal i get an erection. Always have done and imagine I always will. At first it made me embarrassed and I'd hide and be as quick as possible or avoid the situation if at all possible. After a few laughs at football everyone seems to accept it and it's normal.

D

deleted12562171

At my regular gym, there are open showers and stalls with curtains. Myself and most other guys use the open showers or a stall with the curtain open. It’s not uncommon to have a full on conversation while showering with the guy(s) next to me. Most guys also unwrap their towels in the sauna. It’s a nice experience to be completely nude and socialize with other men.

I’ve also been to the nude beach here in Toronto. Being nude in public and lying in the sun surrounded by other nude people is also an enjoyable experience.